It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Solar System is Traveling Through a Magnetic Cloud.. Cause of Global Disruptions, and "Hum"?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
This magnetic cloud may never go away again, for mankind to exist, if it really is 10 lightyears wide.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

­These lurid­ fantasies enthralled readers of two popular pulp science-fiction magazines, Amazing Stories and Fantastic Adventures, between 1944 and 1948. Just about anyone else would have pegged Shaver as a complete nut case and paid no more attention, but he intrigued senior editor Ray Palmer, who snatched Shaver's initial letter out of a wastebasket into which another editor had tossed it with a sneering remark about "crackpots." Soon, as the most intense controversy in the history of science-fiction fandom swirled around him, Palmer vigorously promoted the "Shaver mystery." To many readers it was lunatic nonsense. To others it was the secret of the ages.

Source

Great Story...but seems to be a Hoax.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut
reply to post by metalshredmetal

If you review my previous posts, I was recommending a particular textbook to someone else, namely, the book "Spacetime Physics" by Edwin F Taylor and John Archibald Wheeler. I recommend it, It may dispel some of your confusion.

I have studied Astrophysics in University and my favourite subject was spacetime physics. I am a member of an international honour society due to the quality of my results (in Astrophysics).

I can also spell and punctuate correctly.

Your turn.

edit on 19/1/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

this is an internet forum, with no academic connections whatsoever. I can spell and punctuate just fine, but I don't need to because this is only the internet.

What is obvious is that your government-approved university education has put you right in line with the status-quo.

of course you bring up spelling and grammar, because they have absolutely NOTHING to do with my posts which have schooled your close-minded university box, so OF COURSE you must change the subject.

the only objective of the university education is to program people to live in status-quo, regurgitate information instead of learning it, and to create a behavior-control system that effectively defines what is "inside the box" and "outside the box". it defines your limits of intellectual freedom. if you cross these limits, you are immediately un-credible and your "honorary" degree will mean nothing, as it always has.

this internet we're using is MUCH more valuable than any government-organized education system.

nassim haramein said it best in that above video: "believing that the planets orbit the sun in closed circuits is equivalent to thinking the earth is flat."

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalshredmetal
reply to post by metalshredmetal

Your responses show that you have not read the OP and its linked article. Hence your posts are off topic and you don't know it.

I was trying to explain the physics of the linked article and how it is different from your view. In this, I have been drawn off topic.

I will no longer respond to your posts until they return to the topic.
edit on 19/1/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10

Originally posted by EvanB
reply to post by starchild10

There you go

Excellent! Well it's just as much a possibility as some of them. You might be interested in some of the sickscent stuff.
www.sickscent.com...
www.sickscent.com...
edit on 18-1-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

Thank you Starchild. My blog was recently changed in format, so much of the information was buried. I returned it to its proper state, so now the information is front and center.

BTW, it is not necessarily a 'magnetic' cloud that we are passing through. It is an Interstellar Cloud. IC's are mainly made up of PLASMA. Plasma is basically the 5th state of matter. Electrically charged 'particles'. You cannot have electricity without magnetism, so the energized cloud would naturally have a magnetic field.

Think of it as a plasma cloud, and that would be much more accurate, though most people do not understand what the exact makeup of plasma is. Though it can be somewhat easily understood.

SS

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
reply to post by chr0naut

No, we have just started travelling through this cloud..

I say just, but its been a few years and will take a few more to get out of it.
NASA

No, you are misunderstanding the data.

We HAVE just discovered the interstellar magnetized cloud, but it has existed for a long time, an estimated 10 million years according to the article.

The dust cloud has now distributed to the point where it is estimated to be 30 light years wide. To give you some idea of the size of that, the nearest star, Proxima Centauri is only about 4.2 light years away. There are 26 stars all within 12 light years of the Earth, so 30 light years is huge!

The magnetization of this interstellar cloud is large by empty interstellar space measures but is only 4 or 5 microgauss. That is 0.005 Gauss. A standard small bar magnet on Earth here is about 100 Gauss and the Earth's own magnetic field is about 0.5 Gauss. So the magnetic field we are talking about is really minimal and could not affect anything noticeably even if it were enveloping the Earth.

Next, we notice that the cloud (and therefore its magnetic field) is held at bay from the Earth by the solar wind. The Earth is protected by a bubble created by the solar wind which is 10 billion kilometers wide. I.e: the tiny magnetism referred to in the article is 5 billion kilometers away!

In regard to the time-frame of this event, as per the last paragraph of the article: "These events would play out on time scales of tens to hundreds of thousands of years, which is how long it takes for the solar system to move from one cloud to the next". They are saying it takes the Sun 10,000 to 100,000 years to traverse these clouds. Hardly on a scale that a human being, with a normal lifetime, would ever notice.

Short answer, it isn't causing hum, quakes, global warming, CMEs or anything detectable from the Earth. The probes that have found this are heading out into interstellar space. A long way away.

edit on 18/1/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

This is not necessarily true, as an Interstellar Cloud will compress the heliosphere and cause a dramatic increase in cosmic rays. The increase of cosmic rays has already been proven.

Also, you have not taken into account the denser aspects of interstellar clouds, only the average in your analysis.

Lastly, IC are cyclical and has a dramatic effect on the Earth's environment, which effects evolution.
Research Dr. Priscilla Frisch's work. She is foremost the expert in this field, and she explains everything, if you are willing to wade through all her research.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

We have been traveling through this "magnetic cloud" for millions of years.

That is 100% a false statement.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
You can actually SEE the cloud interacting with our heliosphere. The called it a magnetic ribbon at the edge of our solar system. The interstellar cloud (plasma) interacts with our helipsheath and causes an energetic reaction which results in a magnetic signature. They call it a magnetic ribbon. BUT, it is only an area of interaction between the cloud and the solar system. This proves that the cloud is there and is interacting with our system. science.nasa.gov...

Condensing the size of the heliosphere, and causing an increase in cosmic rays. This does not include denser aspects of the cloud, which is represented by The Knot at the Edge of the Solar System. www.space.com...

Notice at the links that these are 'quickly changing conditions near the heliosphere.'

Huh...sounds pretty fast compared to the other yahoos on this thread saying it takes tens of thousands to millions of years for changes to occur with the existence of these cyclical interstellar clouds.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join