It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay marriage is a threat to humanity, claims Pope

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

Originally posted by PharohGnosis
reply to post by kaylaluv

The statistics are higher among gays do the research.

You stated this as fact... Post the source that backs this up, or shut the hell up. Jebus, doesn't anybody back up there position with source material around here anymore??? It is not MY job to research YOUR position!

Here you go:

www.cdc.gov...

www.cdc.gov...

www.frc.org...

www.michaelshouse.com...

Facts are facts.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by aardvark888
reply to post by rubbertramp

"condeming others for what they do in their own bedroom is quite important."

The problem is that gays are tying to hijack the institution of marriage - they are not keeping it their bedrooms. Marriage is between a man and a woman, always has been and always will. They've already stolen the word 'gay' from us.

It will always be? You are so wrong there. Already 10 countries have fully legalized same-sex marriage. Many others are in the process. Your time of tyranny is over. It won't be long until all this bigotry is part of the past and gays can be considered equal citizens with equals rights.
edit on 11-1-2012 by dadgad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by PharohGnosis

The first two sources do back up you claim, however the last two are just slightly biased and therefore cannot be considered as 'fact'...

One thing that is certain is your complete and utter lack of compassion for your fellow man. It is the politics of hate that are truly the threat to humanity. In fact, I dare say you lack a true comprehension of the term 'humanity', since you have expressed very little of it.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Here you go:

www.cdc.gov...

www.cdc.gov...

www.frc.org...

www.michaelshouse.com...

Facts are facts.

All the more reason we should be promoting and encouraging committed, monogamous relationships in the gay community. We should be allowing and encouraging them to be married.

The fact is, there are many gays who lead quiet unassuming lives. They have jobs, they pay their taxes, they mow their lawns, they walk their dogs. These people don't deserve the hatred spewed at them from others like you. If they want to marry their life-time partners, they should be allowed to. How is that hurting you?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
If anything is a threat to humanity, it's religion.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by indisputable

reply to post by kaylaluv

Here you have a reply so you don't feel sorry.
Your "camp" only won this round by turning this debate off topic.
"gay-good or bad" debate. What a Pope is saying is about society direction and it starts and ends with children protection. (as well as in pedophilia case)
Someone is quick to put hate in our side's mouths but I actually don't hate gays and don't really love Pope or C. church.
It's Pope so it's religious debate.
"Is it sin or us alone what is separating us from God? Rejection of God's supreme moral standards is killing our selves. Everytime we think we know something better then Him it's rebellion"
Yes, let God judge them (you). We all have lots to be forgiven so let's hope He will be indulgent to for example kind anal loving gentle people. Do whatever you wan't with your body parts. However when it comes to children adopting, raising and school brainwashing, normalizing it...
then I say enough is enough. The society has self defence mechanisms. Sad to say - in animal world it's mostly violent behaviour. Good luck if you are white crow in human world. Don't call God and don't call nature.
You can only call people but they don't like you neither.
Hollywood is trying to change it but they won't.
edit on 11/1/2012 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/1/2012 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

When approaching a member of the clergy or especially the Pope it's common courtesy to bow and in the case of the Pope, kiss his hand . This is the best time to look for size small shoes between their legs, toes pointing to the rear. If there are then you can rest assured he has "father's little helper" under his robes.

Kidding aside the Pope belives homosexuality will be the ruin of humanity but sexual abuse by a small number of clergy is acceptable. He's got to be kidding, right? WTH is wrong with these morally corrupt and obviously insensitive people?

God created man in his image or so we're told, gave him a brain and the freedom to do, think, create, etc. with it as one pleases. So if believing the religious types in that being gay is an acquired trait rather than it being part of our DNA why did God allow this kind of thought process to evolve over the ages? I guess it's for the same reason that He has allowed war, hatred, murder, rape, plagues, illness, starvation and other incredible misery to be Inflicted upon humanity. Either He is a cruel and murderous God or as so many believe He just doesn't exist.

btw, the the argument that He gave us "free will" does not wash, as some of that misery, things such as plagues, illness, starvation, etc. do not fall under ones free will.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNaR

When approaching a member of the clergy or especially the Pope it's common courtesy to bow and in the case of the Pope, kiss his hand . This is the best time to look for size small shoes between their legs, toes pointing to the rear. If there are then you can rest assured he has "father's little helper" under his robes.
Kidding aside...

I'm sorry, but this goes beyond blasphemy. You reap what you sow; you get what you deserve.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

The first two sources do back up you claim, however the last two are just slightly biased and therefore cannot be considered as 'fact'...

One thing that is certain is your complete and utter lack of compassion for your fellow man. It is the politics of hate that are truly the threat to humanity. In fact, I dare say you lack a true comprehension of the term 'humanity', since you have expressed very little of it.

People that give into fleshy desires are not sacred but profane. "But these men blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like beasts they too will perish." -2 Peter 2:12 They will face God's divine Judgment on the Day of Resurrection. Their liberal pleading and philosophy won't save them from eternal damnation.

It's a shame your reject God's grace and will burn in the Lake of Fire for all eternity. Which is more important? Temporary physical pleasure or eternal life given through our Lord Jesus Christ?

Though I doubt you'll change your mind and lifestyle as Satan has throughly corrupted your mind and body.
edit on 11-1-2012 by PharohGnosis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MushroomWig

And yet Atheism under Stalin, Mao, Hitler, etc have killed far more people.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Shouldn't the pope be concentrating on more important things??? Like helping people?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I very much doubt it, religion kills millions of people every year and still continues to do so.
Atheism doesn't.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

People that give into fleshy desires are not sacred but profane. "But these men blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like beasts they too will perish." -2 Peter 2:12 They will face God's divine Judgment on the Day of Resurrection. Their liberal pleading and philosophy won't save them from eternal damnation.

It's a shame your reject God's grace and will burn in the Lake of Fire for all eternity. Which is more important? Temporary physical pleasure or eternal life given through our Lord Jesus Christ?

Though I doubt you'll change your mind and lifestyle as Satan has throughly corrupted your mind and body.

haha! I nearly forgot, people like you actually exist. My friend I pity the way how you spend your life in fear.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

You are making a classic mistake. Atheism is not a doctrine. The communist regimes were.

An Atheist says 'God doesn't exist. There is no heaven or hell and that is the end of it. And I don't care what you believe or not, just leave me alone'.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

If the alternative is to spend an eternity surrounded by closed-minded, uncompassionate, ignorant people such as you, I'll take temporary physical pleasure. By the truckload.
edit on 11/1/2012 by Glass because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

You don't get much more brain washed than that! Geez....

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dadgad
You are making a classic mistake. Atheism is not a doctrine. The communist regimes were.

An Atheist says 'God doesn't exist. There is no heaven or hell and that is the end of it. And I don't care what you believe or not, just leave me alone'.

They don't have morals because they don't follow Christ. That is why are society is turning into Sodom and Gomorrah.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glass

If the alternative is to spend an eternity surrounded by closed-minded, uncompassionate, ignorant people such as you, I'll take temporary physical pleasure. By the truckload.
edit on 11/1/2012 by Glass because: (no reason given)

I hope you enjoy your stay in Hell because once you're there you can't leave that place. God will no longer listen to you. You will be cut off from his Love and Grace.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

37 And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38 This is the great and first commandment. 39 And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. 40 On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.”
Matthew 22: 37-40

Christianity: You're doing it wrong!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dadgad

They don't have morals because they don't follow Christ. That is why are society is turning into Sodom and Gomorrah.

Morality does not originate from religion. Another classic mistake. A lot of politicians today are trying have us believe such utter nonsense. Morality comes from common sense, intelligence and some magical place within our heart.

And lets cut the crap. What makes the Church so moral? Have you bothered to look at its history?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join