It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay marriage is a threat to humanity, claims Pope

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by PharohGnosis

Originally posted by dadgad
You are making a classic mistake. Atheism is not a doctrine. The communist regimes were.

An Atheist says 'God doesn't exist. There is no heaven or hell and that is the end of it. And I don't care what you believe or not, just leave me alone'.
edit on 11-1-2012 by dadgad because: (no reason given)

They don't have morals because they don't follow Christ. That is why are society is turning into Sodom and Gomorrah.

Sodom and Gomorrah? I didn't realise we were organizing mobs to rape foreigners...

Originally posted by Glass

If the alternative is to spend an eternity surrounded by closed-minded, uncompassionate, ignorant people such as you, I'll take temporary physical pleasure. By the truckload.
edit on 11/1/2012 by Glass because: (no reason given)

I hope you enjoy your stay in Hell because once you're there you can't leave that place. God will no longer listen to you. You will be cut off from his Love and Grace.

Heard it all before. Your scare tactics do not work on me. If God exists, and I find myself standing in his presence, I'm sure he will understand my grievences with your dogma.

Lets just leave it up to Him to decide, like he instructed you to in the first place.

Psalm 7:8 The LORD shall judge the people: judge me, O LORD, according to my righteousness, and according to mine integrity that is in me.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by PapagiorgioCZ

I'm not sure exactly what you are saying (white crow in human world??), but I will say that there is homosexuality in the animal world. Surprisingly enough, these animals are not kicked out of the herd, nor or they attacked, killed or eaten by the other animals in their herd. They are allowed to live in peace. Maybe we could learn something from the animal world, no?

Children need an environment where they feel loved and safe, period. It matters not what their parents do in the privacy of their bedrooms. Some heterosexuals have some pretty far out sex fetishes, but as long as they keep it to themselves, how does that harm the children?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

People that give into fleshy desires are not sacred but profane. "But these men blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like beasts they too will perish." -2 Peter 2:12 They will face God's divine Judgment on the Day of Resurrection. Their liberal pleading and philosophy won't save them from eternal damnation.

It's a shame your reject God's grace and will burn in the Lake of Fire for all eternity. Which is more important? Temporary physical pleasure or eternal life given through our Lord Jesus Christ?

Though I doubt you'll change your mind and lifestyle as Satan has throughly corrupted your mind and body.
edit on 11-1-2012 by PharohGnosis because: (no reason given)

Have you ever cut your hair? If so, then have fun swimming in that lake of fire. Have you ever eaten bacon, or shrimp, or worn clothing with more than two different kinds of fabric? If yes, then good luck with that eternal damnation, cos that's what's happening to you.

You are the one that's got a big surprise waiting for you in the afterlife. Your hateful judgmental ways will catch up to you, my friend.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by PharohGnosis

Well I looked at this thread twice before hitting the button. After reading all the replies, I have a clearer picture of just how much hate is in peoples heart. With you I can agree. If I may add, what most don't understand is on Judgement Day all will bow. Those that are saved will do so out of gratitude, praise and thanks. The rest will do so when they realize they are now face to face with God, and they have made a terrible mistake, so in that moment of sudden awareness and awakening, their legs will fail them. Godspeed.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
What I find interesting is that the OP somehow finds the church stance to be somehow revealed by this article - Also much like the other uneducated members of society attach the term phobia to there anti homosexual statements - They don't fear it like the pioneers of these PC terms would like you to believe to add power to there arguments. They don't agree with it, like I don't agree with vegetarians or people who instead of finding local work buy Prius and sit in traffic all day and are smug about it.

The church has it's rule book, homosexuality both as a practical matter and a simply self serving matter go against there rule book generally.

Personally I support individual freedoms and therefore the right for same sex marriages, that doesn't mean I like them or as an organization would support them. As a law maker I may even go so far as to bring public discourse over the issue of same sex couples adopting and or assisted pregnancies. In light of the effects it may have on the social and practical upbringing of a child.

This is based on many years of experience a sister who was just recently married to another woman and interactions with numerous male and female same sex couples most of whose relationships I would call tenuous at best, too much testosterone or too many hormones likely are at issue here.

Then there is a concept beyond religion and society to simple existence - would an all female society have traveled to the moon ? - unlikely. Would an all male society be at constant war without any women to take into account ? - What would be the point of marriage ? normally it's a pledge on an emotional bond which an increasing number of people given the divorce rate simply don't have. Without complicating issues mixed in.

The Op has the benefit of sitting on the sidelines and calling exceptions where the pope has to lead 1 billion belief unified people.
edit on 11-1-2012 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

First let me state that I believe in the bible. I do not consider myself affiliated with any church or any particular sect of Christianity. I simply believe that the bible is the word of God and that everyone who lives a loving lifestyle proves that Christ lives in them, which is what the bible actually says.

This being said I do understand that many homosexuals appear to be loving individuals and because of that I believe that Christ is in them as well. The bible says that all our sinners and all fall short of the Glory of God. Each of us is guilty of at least one of the things that the bible says prevents us from entering heaven.

I will say that I do believe that homosexuality breaks the natural law of man and woman but other than recognizing that the bible says that it is a sin, I personally put no weight to the sin. As with all sin I put no weight to any sin because I am not the judge.

I felt I needed to be both honest and show that I was non judgmental before asking my question. I wanted you who can understand the question to also understand who is asking.

My question is simple and it relates to one of the main figures in the bible. The apostle Paul. The apostle Paul was unmarried and because of the Jewish law I think it is fair to assume that he was never married. He actually encourages people that can live this lifestyle to do so, in this way they could be more devoted to God.

My question is has society put so much pressure on humans to be in a relationship that everyone grows up believing the only way to be happy is to be in one? This question then leads to a second one. If someone is born without the sexual desire to be in a relationship with the opposite sex has what we taught forced the person to make a decision because they desire to be happy? To me most of my closest relationships have been with those of the same sex but I have always been physically, and sexually attracted to women.

So I guess what I am getting at, is there a possibility that if someone is born without the physical attraction to the opposite sex, is it possible that they were intended to find happiness being single? And that it is society that has forced them to make a decision because most of us can’t understand this?

I know a few homosexuals that even admit that the act personal pleasure is far less satisfying than the act of pleasing there partner. If indeed the actual sexual act provides little pleasure to the person, isn’t it possible that the person could be just as happy having many close friends without the pressure of being in a physical relationship?

Or is it that most homosexuals actually have a strong physical and sexual attraction to the same sex?

Please understand that I am only trying to understand. I am trying to reconcile with myself both the bible and those who commit what the bible calls sin. I believe that as far as sin goes that I find myself no closer to righteous than that of someone who is homosexual and therefore I have no right to judge. It is however the one that I do not understand.

edit on 11-1-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
One thing that most Christians forget is "Judge not, lest ye be judged" from the book of Matthew....

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone...

Hypocritical behavior is almost a hallmark of the faux christian. They SAY they follow the teachings of Christ but are fast to condemn others while their house isn't in order.

Treat others, as you want to be treated. That's the single tenet that appears in almost every single religion on the planet and almost never followed. People feel that because someone believes differently, that they are excepted from the golden rule...

If there's a God, I hope they get their comeuppance. Treating people like trash because they don't live like you want them to is truly the steps on a path to hell if it exists...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
As far as I'm concerned the pope is a great threat to humanity. He influences you with lies, rapes children and claims he is a god among men. I just find it really weird
anyone would follow this moron. He's nothing but an old ugly ass man in a robe that bleeds like anyone else.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by grahag
One thing that most Christians forget is "Judge not, lest ye be judged" from the book of Matthew....

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone...

Hypocritical behavior is almost a hallmark of the faux christian. They SAY they follow the teachings of Christ but are fast to condemn others while their house isn't in order.

Treat others, as you want to be treated. That's the single tenet that appears in almost every single religion on the planet and almost never followed. People feel that because someone believes differently, that they are excepted from the golden rule...

If there's a God, I hope they get their comeuppance. Treating people like trash because they don't live like you want them to is truly the steps on a path to hell if it exists...

I 100% agree whole heartedly with you. I myself tend to align myself with the Catholic Church, but I am not practicing nor observent. I just find that my beliefs mostly co-incide with those of the Church (mostly).

What I find shocking in this thread is the amount of hate, disdain, pure trash talking of a man who has dedicated his entire life to helping others and is ridiculed because of his stance on gay marriage. None of you (including myself) has had the dedication nor sacrifice that the Pope has given to the world - free of charge.

Secondly, alot of you hate the Church, ridicule it and claim only that "Organized Religion is a Threat to Humanity" yadda yadda yadda. All of you are uneducated hypocrits. I very seriously doubt any of you know how influential and how utterly dependant MANY of the worlds population are on the Church, and the tremendous amounts of "Good" the Church has done for humanity.

Yes, the Catholic church is an organization, or institution. Yes, it does claim a "higher calling" and is guilty of many crimes.

Lest Ye Not Forget - it is made up of human beings, who are infalliable, sinners, and are under constant subjugation to temeptation. Like any corporation, group, organization, or community it can be and it IS susceptable to corruption.

My point? Please think about something other then yourselves and while you may not respect the Popes stance, you should still respect the Man, because he deserves it.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

I would reply to your question this way: let's just imagine for a moment that you exist on an earth that is in a parallel universe. Except on this earth, homosexuals are the accepted mainstream and heterosexuals are considered "not normal". Now, let's say you are attracted to those of the opposite sex as you are now, so you are one of the abnormal ones.

So, those fanatical gays just hate you and your kind, tell you that you will burn in hell forever. You cannot marry the woman you love, because it is not allowed by this gay government. Then someone tells you maybe you should just be single if you can't be attracted to someone of the same gender. But there is this woman that you love and want desperately to commit to in the eyes of God and in the eyes of the law.

How would YOU feel being told this? Would you be able to walk away from this woman? Would you be happy just being "friends" with her? Would you be sad, watching all the gay couples with their families, knowing that you are not allowed this basic right to happiness? Would you wonder what kind of God would deny you this basic right to happiness, or would you begin to think that maybe this has nothing to do with God, and is really all about the fanatical gays who hate you because you are different?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
No offence, but gay marriage is useless, i agree with the pope that having gay tendacies is not a sin but actually committing homosexuality is. And i find that unusual seeing as how i cant say i overall trust the pope, he seems like an overall demonic man to me.

So why do i say gay marriage is useless? well im not trying to attack gays but instead i think it is a waste to have sex just for pleasure (and i know that is hard to swallow), i am pro procreation. That means no bestiality, no pedophilia, and no homosexuality because in my mind they are all one in the the same (and i guess i have to throw in masturbation as well). They are all one in the same because it is sexual perversion and lust and it is not for furtherance of the human species. We were not given bodies just so that we could defile ourselves and run to every physical pleasure imaginable, we were given these bodies to house our higher souls within like a vehicle. You can get mad at me for saying this all you want, and you can you can commit all the sins you want, but in the end its just going to make the punishment worse for yourself and the world around you. And we are in the end days mind you.

I find the large uprising of gay tendacies and interesting thing, and in a way i see it as an evolution of the human species, because when a male starts having female tendacies, and female having male tendacies that shows me that the people in this world are beginning to become more androgynous, and i would say that is a good thing to be more rounded off not always yearning within for the opposite sex. I guess in the old geek mythology it is said that when the first human was made, it was made as both male and female and when Zeus saw that the created being was to much like the gods, he split them in two so that the two halves would always spend theirs lives trying to rediscover their other half rather then persevering to become as great as the Gods.......

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Hey bible bashers can we get back on topic - crazy old pedophile helper thinks his opinion matters and apparently so do others who would otherwise be called normal but choose to believe in a proofless, hateful pedofairy.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Phosophoros

Hey Phos

So you claim to be 'pro-procreation' vis a vis modern Terran homo-sapiens-sapiens?

Why?

Are you one of those non-Hebrew non-Koine Greek reading fundamentalist-'Christians' who thinks he can read the 'Bible' in say, American English, in order to know what some warped ancient desert clan-god (e.g. YHWH the post Exilic clan-god of the Jews) - or rather his warped priesthood - had to say about 'be fruitful and multiply and fill up the earth with your kind...' ?

Or are you just 'pro-proCreation' because you really want to see more than a 1 billion terran human childen literally starving in oveercrowded streets without even a hope of living past their 5th birthday?

Did not anyone tell you that there are NOW nearly 7 Billion of these critters running around over-breeding this tiny planet into oblivion?

Terra (aka the Earth) can ONLY support (i.e. comfortably) about 1 Billion terran modern Homo Sapiens-Sapiens. That is an environmental fact - and you'll have to do your own research to learn more about it.

So at the moment, this tiny planet is more than 6 times OVER the population limit for the human species.

And you want to make MORE?

At least what is termed 'homosexuality' between two consenting terran human modern adults can be perceived to be environmentally 'friendly' to Terra (and we'll leave our bisexual 'king' David and his lover Jonathanwho were doing LOTS more than just holding hands - apparently - out of this Discussion for now - see Jonathan's father's accusations against his 'fem boy' son in 1 Sam 20:30 and also check out the paleoHeb Love Poetry 'king' David wrote for his Boy Toy in 2 Sam chapter 1 - read it in English, if that's all you can read : 'O Jonathan !! my Love for Thee was both Strange and Wonderful to me - Far Surpassing that of any Woman !!')

Just curious is all...

edit on 11-1-2012 by Sigismundus because: stutteringggg commmputerrrr this afterrnnooon !!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
LOL

Oh man, The Pope is such a tool.
Homosexuality is not contagious... It's not a plague running through society that will end with there being no hetrosexual people left :shk:

I think a bigger threat to humanity is the paedophilia carried out by Catholic Priests and when such acts are covered up..... by THE POPE.

That is of far greater concern to humanity than what (and who) consenting adults do in their bedrooms.

As is telling people not to use contraception, thus allowing AIDS to spread all over Africa.

Seriously...

**** the pope man...

Hey pope... why don't you go and spread some more aids or something

edit on 11/1/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phosophoros
No offence, but gay marriage is useless, i agree with the pope that having gay tendacies is not a sin but actually committing homosexuality is. And i find that unusual seeing as how i cant say i overall trust the pope, he seems like an overall demonic man to me.

So why do i say gay marriage is useless? well im not trying to attack gays but instead i think it is a waste to have sex just for pleasure (and i know that is hard to swallow), i am pro procreation. That means no bestiality, no pedophilia, and no homosexuality because in my mind they are all one in the the same (and i guess i have to throw in masturbation as well). They are all one in the same because it is sexual perversion and lust and it is not for furtherance of the human species. We were not given bodies just so that we could defile ourselves and run to every physical pleasure imaginable, we were given these bodies to house our higher souls within like a vehicle. You can get mad at me for saying this all you want, and you can you can commit all the sins you want, but in the end its just going to make the punishment worse for yourself and the world around you. And we are in the end days mind you.

No one answered me the last time I asked this, so I will ask you... what about a married straight couple who are over the age of 50? The woman has gone through menopause, therefore can no longer have children. So, if they have sex because they love each other and still enjoy being intimate with each other, it's perversion? Really?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

I am sorry that you feel you need to defend yourself to me but you simply did not answer my question. The world you speak of is not a rational argument because without procreation between a man and a woman this world could not exist. Until this last generation there were no other options for procreation, thus proving that the natural law is man and woman. Just because science has made it possible does not make it natural.

Again I am not asking for anyone to defend their decisions. I am not the judge and what you choose in your life has no effect on me and my relationship with God. I am only accountable for myself and possibly my children.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I'm surprised by a couple of things in this thread.

How questions and arguments that were raised and answered two or three times in this thread are being proposed yet again.

How much name calling and insulting is going on.

How, once it was established that the Pope did not say that gay marriage is a threat to humanity, people have changed the subject, or continued to repeat that he did say it.

How people are unwilling to hold conversations with each other. Back and forth discussions, new information brought to light, understanding the other's position, you know.

Anybody want to try? I'm willing.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join