It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychic's predictions for 2012 -- From 30 years ago. [CONFIRMED HOAX]

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by pitchdragon

Of course it can be done. That does not negate the fact that this could be a real 1980 production. Even still the OP video is closer to the 1980 look than that commercial was.

He was probably using an Ikegami.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
okay, once again proof that video from this era can still look good. it is not that long ago. it is the 80's. if you where born then you still are not even old enough to run for president. just saying. but here is a video from 1981 and i think the quality looks great.

also if ya watch the video it looks as if it was filmed yesterday. go figure. another thing i noticed in the video. at least 2 guys in the crowd are wearing the same style and color pants as the man in prediction video. also if ya asked me to date this crowd i would have said 70's. not everyone was wearing parachute pants and listening to micheal jackson in the 80's.
edit on 06/02/2010 by letscit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Okay, i'm inclined to agree. Upon further research, the email address to contact the website is [email protected] not hm2012@ymail or whatever it was. So now in retrospect, they probably are not the same group.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
If you go to time index 2:50 there is something that resembles a compact disk (cd) case just in front of the yellow Carousel box.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by letscit
reply to post by thedoctorswife

the jeans look corduroy. ummm in the early to mid 80's many where still wearing 70's style clothes. hell some people where even still jamming to disco. ats is slipping.

In America maybe,
but i the uk i think we were more progressive fashion wise.
That was offtopic, sorry. Has it been proven to be a fake? im not a bit suprised.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Okay, i'm inclined to agree. Upon further research, the email address to contact the website is [email protected] not hm2012@ymail or whatever it was. So now in retrospect, they probably are not the same group.

Has anyone tried emailing [email protected] yet? Or are we all going to take the easy way out and assume it's affiliated with that marketing site?

HM2012 could be the person's initials and their favorite conspiracy year 2012. I know A TON of people with their initials with 2012 emails. I think we need to get off this HM2012.CA bandwagon and keep looking for answers.

Someone email [email protected] and post their reply here.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

www.sciencephoto.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

i was just curious if any of you experts now when this photo was taken? very high res. an a damn good looking pic.

well the pic gives the age away, and imo this pic is older than the video and the picture looks way better and has 530 resolution. so saying that is impossible in the 80's is way wrong. i believe this is an older video. but i am not willing to go out on a limb and say the man is correct concerning 2012.

on the contrary i believe he is wrong about 2012. but i guess time will tell.

good find op

i would also like to say, from the comments i have seen in this thread. i doubt very many of you where even past the age of 10 or even alive in the 80's. we are not talking the 1800's here people. we are talking about when cd's came out, thx, computers went mainstream and many other things that you use in everyday life came into exitance in the 80's. cell phones?
edit on 06/02/2010 by letscit because: to add

Oh my.

Television / video technology was far behind photograhic / still technology.

This picture of the shuttle was taken probably with a Hassleblad hi format camera direct to film.

You can not even come close to comparing film stills to video in 1980. Film was LIGHT YEARS ahead of video at that point in time.

And, I was 15 in 1980, and remember things quite well, thank you. While the CD was invented in 1986, it was not common until the early 90's. It was too expensive to make, and very FEW people had a CD player at that time.

Even in 1994, a BLANK recordable CDr cost over $100 each. Yes, I was there.

And as far as "when this photo was taken" is obviously a silly question, especially if the pics foot notes by NASA are correct, LOL.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I have already done so. Awaiting a reply.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

I heard of some predictions. People not being able to taste there food. Loss of the sense of taste. Also, many , many people going BLIND. The End....

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamCorrect
If you go to time index 2:50 there is something that resembles a compact disk (cd) case just in front of the yellow Carousel box.

cds created in mid to late 70's, cds commercially available in 1982

He could for sure have had one, especially with the kodak stuff he might be into audio and video

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Audiokat
My vote is FAKE.

There's a dog that comes up in the video and sniffs around the guys leg. Dogs weren't invented until 1987.

Priceless LMFAO

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
It is labeled 1980 right on the video. So basically we have a video labeled as 1980 but have a cd jewel case that didn't become commercially available until October, 1982?
edit on 10-1-2012 by IamCorrect because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by SrWingCommander

No one was talking about 2012 back in the 80's. we may have been speculating about what the year 2000 may bring and we were wondering if 2001 would be like the movie. I was in my 20's in the 80's so I remember much about the time frame.
The relationship between Russia and the US was actually getting pretty cozy. We were introduced to a new Russian word back then. Datant. ( I am sure that is not spelled correctly but....) It meant to trust but with verification. The releationship between Ronald Regan and Gorbechev was pretty strong and so seeing the collapse of the soviet union was probably not too far of a stretch.

While probably off topic, the relationship between Reagan and Gorby was NOT strong at all in 1980. President Reagan had just taken office, and the threat from USSR was scary as hell. We were still having bomb drills at school -- hiding under our desks. It wasnt until 1983-84 that things began to simmer between the two.

Mr. Gobachev -- Tear Down These Walls! -- 1987

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamCorrect

CDs were a new technology in the late 70s that didn't take off until the mid to late 80s commercially but that doesn't mean they weren't sold then.

1980 in the UK or anywhere would've had the same fashions as the 70s as well as the newer trends.

Debating the fashion, the objects around him or the quality of the actual video is pointless, the only way to prove this is a fake or a real video is to find the source of the upload and then research further into how that person got this video.

Looking at a man's glasses as proof is amateur and laughable.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
I agree on the fake part. It looks like a movie set, planting one '80's piece' as 'evidence' but then they forget to use a real clock (look at it, it says 8:20 in the beginning and 6 minutes later it's still the same time).
The actor is acting, his body language, looking away from the camera, that's not natural.

And the video looks too good for a 1980's video tape. They may have added some film grain, but in 1080p it looks just too perfect and new.

The clock not working makes a lot of sense.That would be at the time you could buy those faux clocks
that used a AAA battery.I have four triple A battery powered clocks and three of them need new batteries.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by satellite1
On top of the album/book shelf to his left, next to the grey case thing . .. is that a CD? When did CD's come out??

Sorry if someone else pointed that out already . .

The quality does look too "Now" as opposed to 1980 IMO

Peace

1980. But were not commercially available until 1982.

For him to have a Compact Disc in 1980, he would have to had been VERY rich to afford it, and a thief as well, because Sony didn't produce one commercially available for another 2 years.

GREAT CATCH!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I'd say people that think this is real are being idiots.

The frame rate of the camera is too high, the picture is too crisp, the audio is too clear, ect. He's clearly reading from a script, his acting is horrible and there's something up with the reflection in his glasses. Either fake glasses or a modern camera would give that effect.

Here's a sample of recording quality in 1980. And this is from a TV studio which one would assume would have some decent cameras.

edit on 10-1-2012 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

link   
Just a quick comment....everyone says that the jeans this man is wearing is proof that the video could not have been made in 1980. Well, if he were wearing jeans you probably would be right. The pants that he was are not jeans. They are similar in color to the style of jeans that we wear today, so I can see where the error could easily be made.

I was a teenager when this video was allegedly made, and the style of clothing etc is accurate for the era.

As far as the furniture looking "worn" in the video, I can't say that I see that because the quality of the video does not really give a clear image of the fabric/texture of the chair that the interviewee is sitting in, so it is hard to tell.

I'm still on the fence about this because I have yet to see any "proof" that cannot be explained by modern devices that can convert video. Everything seems legit. My only problem with the whole of the video is the lacking of a name for the interviewee, which is why I am still on the fence.

link   

Originally posted by phantomjack
And, I was 15 in 1980, and remember things quite well, thank you. While the CD was invented in 1986, it was not common until the early 90's.

This is so wrong

The Audio Compact Disc was invented in the 1970's, publicly demonstrated between 1979 and 1981. The first album commercially released on CD was Billy Joel's 52nd Street in 1982 at the same time Sony released the first stand-alone CD Players to the market. And by 1985 a lot of people already had a CD-Player as proven by the album Brothers in Arms from Dire Straits, the first album that reached 1 million sales after it's release (and that was still in 1985) and in 1988 they already pressed over 400 million CD records for the consumer market.
I guess CDs weren't common until the early 90's in third world market or in some american Ghettos and Trailer Parks but everywhere else it was.

And i don't think the case in the background of the video is a CD case, that would really be a stupid mistake. It could be a plastic case for other things. I can't make it out, but it doesn't really look like a CD case.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

okay, once again proof that video from this era can still look good. it is not that long ago. it is the 80's. if you where born then you still are not even old enough to run for president. just saying. but here is a video from 1981 and i think the quality looks great.

also if ya watch the video it looks as if it was filmed yesterday. go figure. another thing i noticed in the video. at least 2 guys in the crowd are wearing the same style and color pants as the man in prediction video. also if ya asked me to date this crowd i would have said 70's. not everyone was wearing parachute pants and listening to micheal jackson in the 80's.

That would likely be because NASA had the best equipment?

I hardly think this bogus psychic in a living room had the same quality stuff to play with
edit on 10-1-2012 by Garfee because: because I wanted too, that's why

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join