It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help This Guy Answer the Questions of Life, the Universe and Everything!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I thought it would be interesting to hear all the verses from the Bible that we can find related to the big questions of the universe and physics. If you are a fellow believer, let's help this guy see clearly from the pages of scripture. List the verses you know and associate them to commonly held scientific theory. I'll start with Hebrews 11:3

3 By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible.

For me, this single verse says it all from the viewpoint of the quantum universe. More from my perspective can be read here. Quanta and Light - Evidence for the Physics of God

edit on 6-1-2012 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
The answer you seek is "42". Sorry, couldn't help myself. No one knows, so know one can tell you.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

DAMN IT YOU BEAT ME TO IT!

+1 star for you sir.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElOmen
Okay heres my thoughts #*$& the bible!

How scholarly and compelling is the case that you put in your post!

(Remember that this is a public forum. We will all make judgements about you & your views).

Please explain the reasons for your conclusion, otherwise posting what you did was a waste of our time and adds nothing to the thread.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

"By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible."

I think this passage claims that only by faith, and not evidence, can we believe that everything was created by God. It's basically saying:"Why ask any questions? You already know the answer!" This is completely contrary to science. Faith is not proof is what this passage means, and it's correct.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

I'd be glad too buddy....

something written In the past with no credibility which causes so much death and corruption in this world

I don't follow the bible because I can think for myself I don't need some book to tell me what to do

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Okay heres my thoughts #*$& the bible!

A harsh stance against some amazing truth. God loves all of us despite ourselves. Grace is offered and us unmerited. We can do nothing to earn his love. His truth lives; it move; it breathes. Science changes. God never changes. We are here because of his amazing love.

1 Colossians 1:

15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

"By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible."

I think this passage claims that only by faith, and not evidence, can we believe that everything was created by God. It's basically saying:"Why ask any questions? You already know the answer!" This is completely contrary to science. Faith is not proof is what this passage means, and it's correct.

Not proof for sure, but evidence is easy to come by. The proof comes from the changed life. We see face to face with God when His love transforms who we are. His love is evidenced in nature. It's not about us anyway. It's about Jesus. We're here to witness the wonder of it all. Faith is a willingness to hope for the evident truth we can clearly witness from life.

Read the comparison of Word and World. See how this relates to the fact that a Word is information. God spoke the universe with information, projected from energy. Light is both a particle and a wave. This is the duality of what brings quanta to form and mass. Word is information and spirit is consciousness. The verse below proclaims this projection of time, space, matter and energy. Laws cannot be present apart from purpose and information.

Psalm 19

1 The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
2 Day after day they pour forth speech;
night after night they reveal knowledge.
3 They have no speech, they use no words;
no sound is heard from them.
4 Yet their voice goes out into all the earth,
their words to the ends of the world.
In the heavens God has pitched a tent for the sun.
5 It is like a bridegroom coming out of his chamber,
like a champion rejoicing to run his course.
6 It rises at one end of the heavens
and makes its circuit to the other;
nothing is deprived of its warmth.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

something written In the past with no credibility which causes so much death and corruption in this world

I don't follow the bible because I can think for myself I don't need some book to tell me what to do

Einstein got to this one late in the game. Is Einstein credible?

Genesis 1:1
In the Beginning (Time), God created the heavens (Space) and the earth (Matter). Let there be light (Energy).

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I don't got anything against people that follow the bible...but I do with those trying to convince others that its either this or hell.

Kind of like in school when they say if u don't go to college ur gonna end up a nobody

See the resemblance?

They brainwash u into thinking like this..

Sorry about the first post nothing personal

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Gutenberg's Bible contained 42 lines per page. The Beast holds dominion over the earth for 42 months. Another number associated with the antichrist is 1260=30X42. Nimod is the spirit that the Antichrist will come in. In Hebrew gematria, Nimrod is 294=7X42. The number of generations between Abraham and Jesus is 42. The number of man (6) X God (7) is 42. Israel camped 42 times in the desert of the exodus. In Kabalistic tradition, 42 is the number that the universe was created with. The angle of the rainbow (Symbol of God's promise to man) always appears at 42 degrees.

Genesis 9:13-15 -- "I have set my bow in the clouds, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth. When I bring clouds over the earth and the bow is seen in the clouds, I will remember my covenant that is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh."

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

That's better, thank you.

Now, if I'm not being too bold, may I ask; why do you believe that the Bible is the cause of death and destruction and not other agencies? Can you cite specific instances?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I don't got anything against people that follow the bible...but I do with those trying to convince others that its either this or hell.

Kind of like in school when they say if u don't go to college ur gonna end up a nobody

See the resemblance?

How are they able to brainwash people into these beliefs when several government agencies have tried the same for years without appreciable success?

I could cite, for proof of my hypothesis, you, who obviously has not accepted what "they"have told you.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

See the resemblance?

Convincing is with evidence. Consider this verse.

1:27 So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

Realize this: You are viewing my consciousness right now in the form of an image. The image is created from energy and light. In is in time. I exist now, yet I wrote this in the past by your perspective. I am literally 'inside' the image of ATS. I am also in the image of the words I use to reveal my own existence and beliefs. The laws of programming set this in motion. Consider that God created us in the very same image of TIME, SPACE, MATTER and ENERGY.

Genesis 1:1
In the Beginning (Time), God created the heavens (Space) and the earth (Matter). Let there be light (Energy).

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Dear SuperiorEd,

I hope I understood your OP correctly. If I did, allow me to turn to one of my favorite books, Job. I'll stick with Chapter 38, but you know there is more.

4 “Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation?
Tell me, if you understand.
5 Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!
Who stretched a measuring line across it?
6 On what were its footings set,
or who laid its cornerstone—

8 “Who shut up the sea behind doors
when it burst forth from the womb,
9 when I made the clouds its garment
and wrapped it in thick darkness,
10 when I fixed limits for it
and set its doors and bars in place,
11 when I said, ‘This far you may come and no farther;
here is where your proud waves halt’?

14 The earth takes shape like clay under a seal;
its features stand out like those of a garment.

16 “Have you journeyed to the springs of the sea
or walked in the recesses of the deep?

31 “Can you bind the beautiful[c] Pleiades?
Can you loose the cords of Orion?
32 Can you bring forth the constellations in their seasons[d]
or lead out the Bear[e] with its cubs?
33 Do you know the laws of the heavens?
Can you set up God’s[f] dominion over the earth?

Geometry and surveying, oceanography, geology, astronomy, all here.

I find it especially interesting that Verse 16 talks about "the springs of the sea." I wonder how they knew there were springs in the sea?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
According to the Bible, Heaven contains many dwelling places made specifically for us. God prepares a new heavens and a new earth for us. Could the parallel universe of Dirac's equation suggest that Heaven is a twin to our own reality?

As stated by Paul Dirac's relativistic quantum mechanical wave equation, our universe is parallel to another universe in opposite. Our matter is anti-matter to this mirrored universe. The event horizon between these two universes represents the projection point of both.

John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

2 Peter 3:12 as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat.

Isaiah 65:17

"Behold, I will create new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Have you ever listened to Job all the way through? It's mind-blowing. Listening is different than reading. Try it. Here is chapter 38. LINK

Consider this verse.

Jeremiah 33:22
“As the host of heaven cannot be numbered, nor the sand of the sea measured, so will I multiply the descendants of David My servant and the Levites who minister to Me.”

There are 3000 visible stars. Science cannot number then, even today.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
1 Corinthians 15:41
There is one glory of the sun, another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for one star differs from another star in glory.

Stars all look alike to the naked eye. Do a spectral analysis and we now know that all stars are variations of intensity and atomic makeup.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Solar wind described.

Job 26:7
He stretches out the north over empty space;
He hangs the earth on nothing.

Ecclesiastes 1:6
The wind goes toward the south,
And turns around to the north;
The wind whirls about continually,
And comes again on its circuit.

Proverbs 8:27-29
When he established the heavens, I was there, when he drew a circle on the face of the deep, when he made firm the skies above, when he established the fountains of the deep, when he assigned to the sea its limit, so that the waters might not transgress his command, when he marked out the foundations of the earth,

Job 26:10
He has described a circle upon the face of the waters at the boundary between light and darkness.

1 Samuel 2:8
He raises up the poor from the dust; he lifts the needy from the ash heap, to make them sit with princes and inherit a seat of honor. For the pillars of the earth are the Lord's, and on them he has set the world.

The solar system is not flat. The Bible cosmology is right on.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join