It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Nat Geo Photo

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+61 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Rivers forming tree-like figures on the desert of Baja California, Mexico. Photograph courtesy Adriana Franco/National Geographic Your Shot.

source

Nature can be downright beautiful and this is no exception. The water inching its way through the desert terrain and seeping into the sands has created a beautiful scene.

No story here, just wanted to share some of nature's beauty with my fellow ATS members, for you to enjoy as well.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Thank you so much for posting. Fractal patterns can be among nature's most stunning and beautiful, and this gorgeous photo is certainly an example of that.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

looks more like capillaries to me ... cool image

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
That would make beautiful body art.....Or jewelry....breathtakingly beautiful....

S&F

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Dude, that is awesome. I found this today as well:

birds-eye view of Camel shadows

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme

Rivers forming tree-like figures on the desert of Baja California, Mexico. Photograph courtesy Adriana Franco/National Geographic Your Shot.

source

Nature can be downright beautiful and this is no exception. The water inching its way through the desert terrain and seeping into the sands has created a beautiful scene.

No story here, just wanted to share some of nature's beauty with my fellow ATS members, for you to enjoy as well.

I wonder if that is the tree of life?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Communicationwillfreeus

Of course that's the tree of life and you will find the same structures in plant growth, their roots systems and our blood vessels.
Fractals are the blueprint of creation, possessed of a unique beauty inherent to all life forms.

Great pic! Thank you.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
instantly reminded me of 'the tree of life'

beautiful

ahh..

kudos to communication for noticing this as well

edit on 4-1-2012 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I love this photo. I showed it to my husband and he said he would love to have it in our home. I was wondering if you sell your work or if there was anyway we could get this image from you to frame? We wouldn't be able to pay much but I thought it couldn't hurt to ask. -Big fan of your work regardless!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Amazing. As stated above they do resemble trees and many other patterns throughout nature. Does this tell us that this is the fundamental pattern of which life flourishes? If so what other unique aspects does the pattern take on when thinking about emotion, habits, motive, health, spirituality, and other things that deal with "life" in general. If, after-all, these patterns do reveal the tree of life then every aspect of life should be taken into account, until proving otherwise.

Thanks for posting, .. there is nothing like seeing an aw-inspiring picture of something for the first time.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by minigoofy

I love this photo. I showed it to my husband and he said he would love to have it in our home. I was wondering if you sell your work or if there was anyway we could get this image from you to frame? We wouldn't be able to pay much but I thought it couldn't hurt to ask. -Big fan of your work regardless!

This picture wasnt taken by @youdidntseeme

This is a national geographic photo. Please go to the source provided in the OP for any more infomation.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Its no surprise it resembles a tree as both are an efficient way of channeling liquid.

Its all fractals

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
thanks for posting this! it´s awesome too that one of the camels, with their shadows they look bigger than they are!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Thank you for that. With all the doom and gloom in the world we need reminders like this to show how beautiful the world can be s+f for you and a big thank you for posting this

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
this is earthly evidence of a grand universal design.

the reason behind this river looking like a tree, and capallaries, and roots, and many microscopic organisms, is because they're all most specifically based upon the Golden Ratio.

Leonardo da Vinci's most famous "Vetruvian man" is wholly based on our human body's own Golden Ratio design.

The Golden Ratio is thusly a highly intriguing, and important subject of study in the ancient mystery schools and the most esoteric of secret societies today. It is the fascination of sacred geometry.

prepare for mind explosion courtesy of : A Little Book of Coincidence by John Martineau, also credit to Robin Heath's work:

Draw a circle, measure the perimeter to be 13 units in circumference. draw a perfect five pointed pentagram in that circle with each point touching the circle. using the same unit to measure the circle, the arms will then measure 12.364, the number of full moons in a year. An even more accurate way of doing this is to draw the second Pythagorean triangle, which just happens to be made of numerals 5, 12, and 13 again, interestingly also the numbers of the keyboard, and of Venus (page 26). Dividing the 5 side into its harmonic 2:3 gives a new length 12.369, the number of full moons in a year.

the moon seems to beckon to look further. we all know that six circles fit around one on a flat surface (giving the number six and seven). twelve spheres pack perfectly around one in our familiar three-dimensional space (our familiar 12 and 13). We seem to be moving up in sixes [when gaining a dimension]. Could eighteen time-spheres fit round one in a fourth dimension of time to give the numbers 18 & 19? incredibly, all of the current major time cycles of the sun-moon-earth system can be expressed as simple combinations of the numbers 18,.19, and the Golden Section.

the golden section is evident in the pentagram, the icosohedron, the dodecahedron, and all living things. the orvits of the four inner planets all display its presense. its values added to the magic number 18 produce 18, 18.618, 19, 19.618 and 20.618, which then multiply together as shown opposite. coincidence or biophysics?

18 years = the saros eclipse cycle
18.618 years = revolution of the moon nodes
19 years = the metonic cycle (if there is a full moon on your birthday this year, there will be another one on your birthday in 19 years.)
The time it takes for the sun to return to the same one of the moons nodes = "eclipse years" = 18.618 x 18.618 which is 18.618 days short of a solar year. there are 19 eclipse years in a saros.
12 full moons (lunar year) = 18.618 x 19 days
Our solar year = 18.618 x 19.618 days
13 full moons = 18.618 x 20.618 days. 13 full moons is another 18.619 days afoter the solar year.

edit on 1/4/12 by metalshredmetal because: sp & g

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Awesome!! I am going to snag this pic to add to my thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

It illustrates perfectly exactly what I was talking about in that thread!!

S&F thanks for the awesome pic!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

It reminds me of this plexiglass block thats had an electric discharge across its surface. They say the branching continue to a molecular level pretty cool. Fractal Geometry is a pretty cool subject once you learn about it you see it every were. I will never be able to look at a tree the same way.

conocimientosactivedevices.blogspot.com...
edit on 4-1-2012 by BriGuyTM90 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Wow. What a fantastic picture.

Good ol' mother Earth. Always puts on the best shows!

S&F!

ETA: Star for you to Realm52. Great picture of the camels!

Brightened up my windy day!
edit on 5-1-2012 by SilentE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

To the ancients all biology was considered astrobiology. This reminds me of the human nervous system.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Shame it takes NG 12 weeks to get your magazine subscription started

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join