It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Much Blood is on Your Hands? See how you score!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

A 1 and a 3 make a 2.
In my opinion, that is a very good score.
A little effort to make the world better would easily wipe any blood stain away.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SurrealisticPillow

Come on out and support the blanket of freedom that you enjoy everyday, but instead you bad mouth the ones that provide you with that right...I just wish you would say thank you and then go away. Your welcome...by the way!!! If it wasn't for the people your bashing...you wouldn't ever think about saying anything...because your as spinless as a jellyfish and wanna try to feel better about your own worthless life....

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
none of those apply to me :/

I have friends in the military. I was in for a few months before dd214's. Didn't even get to ait. But still. I'm against war, but I don't blame my friends or any soldiers. No one wants war. All my pals joined to keep the usa safe and show their pride of their country. I joined to save lives, no matter what side, because I see an injured human, not an injured person from one country or another. Anyway, I pay taxes. Should probably look up what NATO means. I wish the wars would end, wish we'd finally agree to disagree, respect the worlds opinions and mind our own as a whole.

Never killed anyone, I cry when just thinking about anyone getting harmed. I'm very empathetic, etc.

Really don't know where I stand. I'm just human who cares about every other human in the world.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by BooKrackers

Boo buddy,
I appreciate your passion. In fact, I share your passion.
I wish I could change the world, but, I don't know what to do, so I leave it up to you.
Name the band, Boo.

The question may be, IF I have blood on my hands, how do I get it off? How can I cleanse myself?

Or, maybe we think GOD thinks we can do no wrong?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

Ferris,
It occurs to me that you have a false impression of me, based upon how I categorize people who have blood on their hands.
If you feel like you can improve on my model, tell me how.
But, don't try to read more into it than what is there. I would be willing to bet that you can find your number in MY model.
So, what is it Ferris? 0? 3?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

Yes, it counts.
As far your score, not present.
We cool?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Great score!
Keep in mind, if you work hard, someday you could become a zero!
Clear conscious. What a goal.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by yamammasamonkey

Okay.
How much blood is on your hands? Easy question.
Use your own words.
None? Some? Lots?
How dumb do I have to make it?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
A lot of Americans who don't have the privilege of the internet have blood on their hands, what are you going to say to them?

Oppression is the same if you are a King or if you are Al Qaeda.
edit on 1-1-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessiana

It is all relative.
If you go out of your way to be a better person, not basing your conscience on how others perceive you, but only by how you perceive yourself, then you are cleansing yourself of whatever blood stains you have acquired by participating in a corrupt society.
It is okay if you think you have done no wrong. It is okay if you think my model is bull#.
Say as much.
Otherwise, give me your score...0 to 5.
Elaborate if you wish.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I almost always vote...I've just never voted for the winner...not yet.

...So no blood on my hands there.

Jeez, I hope I don't jinx Doctor Paul...
edit on 1-1-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jimnuggits

Great point.
Perhaps I am trivializing the great burden that some men have placed upon themselves....but wait? What?
The great burden...what is that? Guilt?
...that they have placed upon themselves...

If you have a burden, I have not placed it upon you. I am merely words on a screen that you are reading. Your burden is yours alone. You may find others that can share your pain...that understand your burden.

The truth is a bit harder to comprehend. What is the cause of the burden? Why do I have the burden?

I don't trivialize your burden, YOU do. You don't value yourself enough to even understand the cause of your own pain, or the causes that pain mankind.

I only bring a measure whereby you can judge yourself.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
This thread is ignorance personified, do you realize that above top secretis suypposed to be about denying ignorance.

Come on, how do you use Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya as your arguments? Let's go with Ira for the moment, invading and getting rid of Saddam Hussein was the right thing no matter what. The world leaders allowing him to be in power without interferance was uncnscionable considering he was attempting mass genocide against the Kurds. We should have invaded a long time ago when we promised the Kurds that if they rose up we would support them. Instead the U.S. pulled back and they were killed in the hundreds of thousands.

If you want to blame someone blame leadership, having been in the military in a capacity where I had access to certain information I can attest to MANY times we should have intervened o help local populations when we did not. That was due to leadership, Like any country if that country was not going to benefit from offering assistance or getting rid of a tyrant the U.S. or NATO will not get involved.

Yes actual reasons to justify attacks are only used when they benefit the particular country involved or benefit NATO as a whole but every country in the world is guilty of the same thing. I wanted to help local populations in multiple occasions when extreme atrocities were being commited and I would have killed to help them against the evil that was obvious. Unfortunately I was only able to take part in helping people around the world when it was determined to be in our interest it seems.

Politicians are generally evil by nature, 100% of the time they are at least liars by nature. If not lying they only present the truth when it benefits them. Attempting to blame the military or NATO country citizens using Iraq, Afghanistant and Libya is complete ignornance at it's best.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

0 is a very good score.
But, as soon as you kill, you have blood on your hands.
At that point, you join most of the rest of us, so you have company.
How good that company is, is a whole nother subject.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
No worries, our affiliated mothers and fathers will pass, what will the next generation bring?

Remember just what generation this is, the generation of disaffected slackers, though they might just have a point.
edit on 1-1-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by locololo

Thank you for your passionate response.
A few words to remember, and you can google these words if you want.
Like, "blind patriotism", those are two good ones. Google those two. I haven't, but I bet YOU haven't either.
The difference between you and me, is I know what I will find if I google those two words. After you do, come back to the thread and we will talk.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
A 4 here. Fully realize the stain is permanent. It is what it is. Does carrying this stain mean someone was helped somewhere? Some freedom gained for someone that had none? Maybe food brought to a hungry area? Maybe helped you sleep a little safer? Sure hope so. But if not...No apologies and no regrets.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Well that's great. I have 0 blood on my hands.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
My number is mine, I fear no judgement.
I did however know a 5, he was one of the greatest guys I ever had the pleasure of working with.
He is no longer with us, but that was what he really wanted.
He served in every theatre from Panama to Iraq.
He lived and died the way he wanted, is there something wrong with that?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

Yes, I admit I am not without sin.
Perhaps, at some level, we are all blood brothers. The only difference between sinners other than the severity of the sin, is intent. Did you intend to do wrong? Did you relish the power you had over others less "fortunate"?
In other words, how much blood do you have on your hands?
Pretty basic stuff, really. You can find your place within 0 to 5.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join