It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Spot Citizen Terrorists

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Firstly, Merry Christmas.

Just having an early morning coffee and went on to a few news channels this morning to see what's happening in the world and come across this article. At times you couldnt make it up.

Do you own flashlights? Or pay with cash instead of a credit card? And do grocery shopping for the week? I do. You probably do – and guess what, according to the Department of Homeland Security and the FBI, that could make both of us terrorists.

RT News
edit on 25-12-2011 by D8ncer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
How to spot citizen terrorists?.... look in the mirror , we're ALL terrorists now.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Your post and the article has taken the report highly out of context. To me if someone is demanding to pay with cash (remember its the hotel industry), or credit cards with different names I would find that suspicious.

Oh and merry christmas infidels!! Haha and a happy new year.

ALS

edit on 25-12-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by D8ncer

I keep reading the whole "One Week of Food" thing and I don't get it. You're okay if you buy several months worth of food ? But a week means your up to something ? And if you pay cash, you're up to something ? I don't get who the ret@rd is who sat there and came up with that. And yes, I say ret@rd. He's either ret@rded or an old man who's experience is limited to 1955.

Has it dawned on any of these old fashioned farts that millions of Americans still use cash because they don't have a bank account and they use the Check Cashing place to get their money ? Maybe they don't have a car so they borrow a friends and stock up for the week. What is the #ing problem with that ? I had to do that just recently because my car is acting like a piece of crap right now. So, am I a terrorist ?

I just hate the fact that really stupid people are in charge and making the rules. I hate stupid people.

edit on 25-12-2011 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
if you are against "Anti US truths" and suggest violence for a cause, then you must be a patriot..

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

I would have thought someone who is set in the ways of 1955 would rather people use cash than card.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
Your post and the article has taken the report highly out of context. To me if someone is demanding to pay with cash (remember its the hotel industry), or credit cards with different names I would find that suspicious.
***snip***

And the news article also shows some of the advice to be related to military surplus stores. I found those bits of advice very well thought out.

I also find it absurd that people with a healthy (???) interest in firearms for home protection should need a tripod.

Right-wing political tendencies can also land you in trouble.

Not to mention left-wing beliefs. McCarthy hasn't been forgotten and judging by some of the crap written on ATS, it is still suspect behaviour to be caring and considerate.

"- Being a veteran. Not that America has that many veterans, of course, having been recent history's the most peace-loving, non-invading, unbiased country."

That one really made made me laugh. Peace-loving - Non-invading?
If this is how Americans see themselves, there's a serious issue to be tackled right there.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
How to spot citizen terrorists
American flag
Knows the Constitution
Returning vet
Pays cash
Buys gold and silver
Buys food for longer than 3 days
The wife cans veggies
Has a well
Owns a gun ( or 4)
Places hand over heart when the national anthem is played
Gives to charity without being told to do so

Did I miss anything?

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

ALS

i wouldn't give a # if he was white, white people generally arn't islamist and therefore not terrorists so i see a guy who doesn't want to pay any charges to a theiving bank for the use of a credit card.

now i think every muslim is a potential terrorist because guess what !!!!!! they are

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
There was a memo that either DHS, FBI or DOJ circulated around law enforcement on how to id a terrorist at a traffic stop and can't find it now.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Also god forbid if you excercise your 1st amendment rights. Like for example take photographs in public.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Actually - there is a form of budgeting and spending control around using cash instead of plastic. The reasoning is it is easier to spend more with plastic because you can always just plop the plastic down. However, when you spend with just the cash in your pocket - its gone when you run out. So you have to watch what you buy more closely.

Go ahead and try it sometime. Spend with plastic a week. Then next week get some $ from the bank and that is your allowance for the week. All you can spend is that $ in your pocket.

You'll probably spend less, and as an added bonus you can now get suspected of being a terrorist too!

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Just a thought, but aren't the people who thought up this terrorist crap Americans too.How much more out of touch with real Americans could they possibly be? Are they really that ignorant, Or is there another agenda operating here.

Yes, I know this is designed for martial law being imposed. One mans terrorist is another mans patriot.

To do things this stupid they must really be afraid of us.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Since it was mentioned, here is some material that is more on topic.
What say you?

8 Signs- Video

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by akapapasmurf

Doesnt matter what colour, if someone tried to pay with a card that wasnt in there name I would be suspicious.

ALS

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Spotting terrorists is easy just watch CSPAN while congress is in session you'll see hundreds of them...

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

ALS

I wish I lived where you do.
I wish I was so rich I could not fathom someone paying by cash.

In my reality, I would assume that they had no Credit cards, maybe due to this horrible economy, and recent unemployment surge... or maybe they were extended because he had to survive the real estate fiasco that crippled America and left many homeless.

but I guess people as rich as you, think these things are strange and suspicious.

Oh yeah...
Can you get me a job where you work?

I guess now bad credit means you are a Terrorist?

WTF?

All you need is bad credit,..say you lost your job,.. and bam.
There goes the CC's.

Bounce 1 check? unpaid bank fees? Dispute of unfair bank charges?
No new bank accounts without a co signer.
No credit.. no bank account,.. TERRORIST!

This is a way to target the poor plain and simple.
Class discrimination at it's finest.

edit on 12/25/1111 by BadNinja68 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Jihad - or 5GW - is the new norm.

Taking the First World down, and amalgamating it to a concept of constant struggle via Marxism or Jihadism (5GW) is a state that is being promoted to be internalized throughout all populations.

You are starting to live in a state of non-stop Jihad. While those with the counter-jihad groups are being made to look crazy even though the fact is that everyone is being set up to live in a state of incessant Jihad even if it is being called something else.

Who is the enemy?

You and me. The people who want a boundary between those who want to live in the state of perpetual warfare, and the people who don't. You not accepting the new state of perpetual warfare, or you being forced to accept another's warfare upon you, makes you an enemy of the attempt at an amalgamated human-story which is based on this model as a lifestyle.

Their natural partners, the one that some of you fall into - Armageddonists, who accept that this is the way to their goal too.

Every piece of what makes your systems great is a gap. Common Law. Tolerance. Peace. Charity.

What makes us great, is the thing they are going to beat us to death with.
edit on 2011/12/25 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by BadNinja68

Haha you wanna be me? Hairy muff. Let's trade places. You can take mine, bottle feeds at 6 each mornin, scraping by on £200 a week, barely enOugh time to tell your soul mate you love her.

In facted I wouldn't swap it for the the world, well Maybe for one nights kip!!

ALS

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

There is fundamental problems with that video hence why it's no longer being aired.

1. Any idiot who may think an intel op is active really isn't trained in how to correctly spot a threat!
2. The report an immediate threat to local law enforcement is flat out wrong. If you have a confirmation or a suspicion of an active cell surveying a potential target what you do is bust out your camera phone and call your local DHS or FBI office as local is really not equipped to tackle a threat.
3. Info in it is outdated!
4. The newspaper deal I am keenly on the lookout for. If I see a newspaper left I will remove it because it will be something as simple as a newspaper that will be left in a specific spot as no one is monitoring the position of newspapers, find one, read it, remove it and discard. That action alone can stop a surveillance operation cold. Everyone's looking for abandoned boxes, abandon luggage but no one is paying attention to a abandoned morning paper.

I was on a PATH (Port Authority Trans Hudson) Train from 33rd Street NYC to Journal Square stations a couple years back, found a piece of the chassis of the train inside the car, took temporary possession of the part and brought it to the attention of The Port Authority of NY/NJ Police Department, informed them of the train number and told him to order that car grounded until they could ascertain where the part went to and they took the car out of service, they sent it to a mechanic and they discovered it went to the chassis and thanked me for bringing this up to their attention and later found out that it was apart of the brake mechanism. If you are on the PATH and find a suspicious item or package you do not report it to local PD, you report it to PAPD!
edit on 25-12-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join