It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran displays captured US drone

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pockets
Whatever the outcome, Iran will be making some BIG money'$ from this

Lines sorry

Can anyone translate this?

Translation - "Not shot down". Usually, when an aircraft gets shot down, it's all messed up.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

I don't believe it's U.S. I think it is something Israel made and sent into Iran and landed it. Iran played into that hand and said the "shot it down". If this theory is correct, then it is a design by Israel to get Iran to attack our Navy off the coast of Syria.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by banishedfromthisarea

Translation - "Not shot down". Usually, when an aircraft gets shot down, it's all messed up.

Yeah, looks to be in pretty good shape for something that was "brought down by hostile fire" like Iran claimed.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOdogg

This is why the Air Force cannot even consider reducing the human pilot program. Indeed there are risks, yes, human risks. However the SR-71, U-2, and Shuttle programs were all voluntary programs. Nobody put a gun to their heads to join. The brave and honorable, are always willing to sacrifice their lives for the freedom that they earn, and we enjoy.
Drones, are exactly that, drones. Jam them, or cut their tether, and they become nothing more or less, than another traitor.
May G_D bless our pilots
Go Blue, Go Air Force!

edit on 8-12-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
reply to post by Xtrozero

Iran has the capabilities to dectect satelite comes with the help of ESM detection systems. Iran have bought sophisticated ESM systems from the Ukraine (The Kolchuga) in 2004 and built some of their own system as well.

True they may have ESM (Electronic Surveillance Measures), but that does not mean they would have the technology capable of hijacking an encrypted telemetry system.

ESM is only used for monitoring and surveying electronic sigint (signal intelligence) not for transmissions of said information.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Here are some High Rez pictures. You can tell the wing ripped off, and the amateurishly taped it. And they blocked the belly cause of the crash.

cencio4.files.wordpress.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
If the Iranian story is true, then iran is a suprise package in its military capabilities. It isn't no Libya because they couldn't even scratch the choppers bombing them. Back to the drawing board then for Simi and Sam.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Maybe I'm alone here, but is anyone else asking Santa for their very own Drone this year???

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by tom.farnhill
reply to post by dplum517

what do you mean NO LOSS OF LIFE ? these things kill many inocent people , they may be nice and safe for the operators but when they blast some house that it is believed to be occupied by a perceived enemy.
all neighbouring homes and property including the occupants are killed and destroyed

This is not an attack drone...

This drone is for surveillance only, no weapons are on it.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
If you look really close, right near the air intake, written in English it says, "USA - we're Israel's bitch."

You have to look hard to see it though because it is written in logic absorptive paint.

Originally posted by hmdphantom
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

They have claimed that that drone has been out of control.

Then it justifies violating sovereign airspace.

But is said that :

“The RQ-170 has a RTB [Return to Base] feature,” Thompson said. “In the event of a loss of the command link, the aircraft will automatically return to its point of origin and land itself.”

source

Then it should have came back to base after malfunctioning but it didn't.

At last goof for Iran :

1. A high-tech drone
2. Much information will be taken out of that device.
3. US has violated Iran' s airspace , Iran took the drone down , intact.

edit on 8/12/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
Maybe I'm alone here, but is anyone else asking Santa for their very own Drone this year???

You are on your own on that one but a Christmas party for Russian and Chinese scientists is scheduled for the hanger where this little gift is located in a few days.

Oh, and Santa was killed on his way over Afghanistan last year but as usual a person would never know that watching the mainstream media.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
LOL i love the hypocrisy of the western media CNN is calling this is one a fake and there headline is it for real??

U.S. officials, analysts differ on whether drone in Iran TV video is real

CNN

Global and Mail is calling it a propaganda

In a propaganda coup, Iran displays downed U.S. drone

Talk about western hypocrisy.
edit on 9-12-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
It doesn't suprise me they hacked the controls. It's not even that hard to do anyway, aslong as you can press the original signal away, yet i think they had some sort of foreign help with the knowledge and technology.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

hypocrisy?
How so?

Analysts disagreeing on whether it's legitimate or not and the correct use of the phrase Propaganda.

Is not being hypocritical

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

edit on 9-12-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
I think they shot it down, then created this fabrication to say they captured it.

I am with you on that one... the color seems wrong too... and there are no markings... by that I mean no decals of any kind.

The US Military is notorious for decals for idiots like "Put gas here" "Don't step here" "Latch" etc. I see no marking like that at all

Kinda like this

edit on 9-12-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins

Pentagon Confirms Iran's Possible Capture Of Missing US Stealth Drone, Fears Reverse Engineering

A $6 million stealth drone went missing this weekend on the Afghanistan-Iranian border, officials in Washington confirmed. Iran claimed to have shot down a drone Saturday.

www.huliq.com...

[snip]

edit on 8-12-2011 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

actual drone's crash site, the drone shown was not the Sentinel. U.S. officials previously confirmed that an RQ-170 did, in fact, crash land somewhere in Iran

www.businessinsider.com...

hi=res here theaviationist.com...

and yes, its the real deal....get over it, time to move on.

once again and for those who missed it... nice to see fellow clickers hard at work within this thread.
edit on 9-12-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
My first thought of that Iran video. Good job on that mock up clay model. This looks to made by them ,also not to scale. There is not a scratch on this either, clean and white looking, I would expect some damage of sort that is visible; displaying where one of the 150,000 missiles they have hit it, oh wait it was taken over by there aerospace guard unit from Afghanistan. To many holes in this story, just like that they are not building nuclear weapons . They still have F-15's from the the late 1970's or 80's still there and they still cant get them to fly. what make everyone think they can electronically hijack a drone.
edit on 9-12-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I dont see any damage ... how in hell did they capture it ?

Someone say it was hacked .. that would explain why it is intact

Nice drone .. never see such advanced drone before
the ones they always show on tv are the ones with the big head

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

ah yes, true. However, do these show up on drones? Without the human factor, I ponder if they would gather of decals.

Though your point is relevant I feel. We simply need more data.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join