It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran displays captured US drone

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins

Originally posted by cerebralassassins

Pentagon Confirms Iran's Possible Capture Of Missing US Stealth Drone, Fears Reverse Engineering

A $6 million stealth drone went missing this weekend on the Afghanistan-Iranian border, officials in Washington confirmed. Iran claimed to have shot down a drone Saturday.

www.huliq.com...

[snip]

edit on 8-12-2011 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

actual drone's crash site, the drone shown was not the Sentinel. U.S. officials previously confirmed that an RQ-170 did, in fact, crash land somewhere in Iran

www.businessinsider.com...

hi=res here theaviationist.com...

and yes, its the real deal....get over it, time to move on.

once again and for those who missed it... nice to see fellow clickers hard at work within this thread.

Officials Confirm Authenticity of Iranian TV Images Showing Lost U.S. Drone

U.S. officials have confirmed to Fox News that images aired by Iranian state television do in fact show the secret U.S. drone that went down last week in eastern Iran.

"Yep, that's it," one senior official told Fox News. "And it's intact."

U.S. officials had been expecting the video to appear. The footage, which shows the aircraft intact, confirms the Iranians have custody of the drone but appears to refute Iranian claims that it shot down the RQ-170 drone.

One official told Fox News on Thursday that the incident is a huge loss and makes the top-secret helicopter tail lost during the Usama bin Laden raid in Pakistan "look like a pittance."

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Now can we get over brainwashed ego's and learn to live with reality....what did everyone believe that Iranians are morons incapable of conducting warfare ? sheeez...some times i wonder why i even bother..!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Oh HAI Agent USA. Been a while since I've seen your own propaganda.

Well now, let's get straight to it.

How is it hypocracy?

Being a hypocrite means saying something is bad, then doing it. I don't see that here. What I see is a possible attempt to look better than you are. Something I feel you've had good experience in with the Libyan debates a few months ago. Not to insult you sir, but I want to ask you to justify how you an call it hypocracy.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

We heard this. And we also heard officials whom are unsure.

Until we have some more data we need more to go with.

Many have brought up important facts: No decals, seemingly joint-less parts randomly taken out int he video that ought to be sealed and not so easily removable, a lack of visible underbelly, the fact that the color is not standard, and that the craft is slightly not the same to the official designs for the class of ship. People involved with aerial designs have said it doesn't look right, and people with other specialties say it looks off.

The fact one official says something doesn't make him right. Officials have been wrong. Indeed, officials rarely make first-on accurate remarks. How do we know this official didn't analyze it enough. I imagine an actual person on the crew for the craft would be more connected than some distant overseer.
edit on 9-12-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
I dont see any damage ... how in hell did they capture it ?

Someone say it was hacked .. that would explain why it is intact

It's already been explained many times since the story broke... but the truth easily gets lost and ignored when there are pages of baseless accusations and assumptions.

- US sources originally claimed that they lost all communications with the craft over Iranian airspace.
- US sources said that in the event of simply losing communication with the craft, that it is programmed to return to base. However, the sources that I saw also said that if this programming was compromised (in other words, a system malfunction), then the shape and design of the drone was to allow it to glide to the ground to avoid serious damage such as would be the case in typical manned jets.
- Iranian sources have claimed from the start that their electronic warfare division "took down" the craft, and then recovered it on the ground. This makes sense considering that the US said they lost communication with the craft and it did not automatically RTB.

So it makes sense (to me, anyways) that some kind of electronic countermeasure, probably a signal jammer, was used to disable the Sentinel. I doubt that some Iranians on computers hacked into the craft's systems as some of the sensationalist claims imply.

And I do wish that someone would find information on what kind of terrain the Sentinel landed on. If it was desert or ocean, then it would only soften the fall compared to a mountain.

EDIT: It must also be noted that the Iranians have claimed to have downed at least a dozen hostile drones over its airspace since the US invasion of the region a decade ago. They probably learned a few things on how to deal with them over the last decade, such as how to recover them instead of simply intercepting them with missiles.
edit on 9-12-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

This is a more logical look on the situation that I can bite into.

But I would still beg to question the "designed to fall like a leaf" and actual on-site situations. It is nearly the midpoint of the year. Wind patterns shift, environments get kind of unpredictable, etc etc. I still think that this craft looks fake. That's not denying that they have the real thing, just saying that they may have made this look alike while they look into the actual craft. Who knows, maybe just to make the Americans confused as to where it is so they can destroy it.

Like I said a while ago, wouldn't be surprised to find some random explosion in Iran happening within the next 2 weeks. Not to mention the likelihood that some US worm might just corrupt all data they gather on it.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

We heard this. And we also heard officials whom are unsure.

Until we have some more data we need more to go with.

Many have brought up important facts: No decals, seemingly joint-less parts randomly taken out int he video that ought to be sealed and not so easily removable, a lack of visible underbelly, the fact that the color is not standard, and that the craft is slightly not the same to the official designs for the class of ship. People involved with aerial designs have said it doesn't look right, and people with other specialties say it looks off.

The fact one official says something doesn't make him right. Officials have been wrong. Indeed, officials rarely make first-on accurate remarks. How do we know this official didn't analyze it enough. I imagine an actual person on the crew for the craft would be more connected than some distant overseer.
edit on 9-12-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

Well pick up the phone and ask the name of the official on behalf of the U.S. gov who was quoted as saying so and YES, it is real, YES they do have downed drone's and YES they have been reverse engineering drones for a long time now and YES expect them to have their own at this level of tech in about 6 months. What you should be looking at is the next gen drones that will sprout from the merger of western and eastern tech.

Oh i don't know, i am a moron living in a cave but i suspect the high altitude drone platforms should be arriving or whispered about in 2012..oh..my did i access a secret area of my brain that was flushed by the nsa...

edit on 9-12-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

uh...what?

All I know is that we need more data. One official doesn't know everything.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

uh...what?

All I know is that we need more data. One official doesn't know everything.

hmm..me see's cyber .........

edit: let me try and pull transcripts from nato to pentagon and show you what they have been discussing since the " loss " of the drone

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Wind patterns mean nothing when considering how such an aerodynamic "leaf" design falls. It can free-fall for hours in the crossbreeze but the landing itself is not going to be any different depending on the descent path.

To be honest, I think people here are judging the authenticity of the story based on the external view of the craft in the photos. I'm more concerned about how the internal structure and systems of the craft made out after the crash.

It's like looking at a defenistrated body. The outside might look a little peculiar, but the inside is far from normal anatomy

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Originally posted by Ben81
I dont see any damage ... how in hell did they capture it ?

And I do wish that someone would find information on what kind of terrain the Sentinel landed on. If it was desert or ocean, then it would only soften the fall compared to a mountain.

The intelligence is out there, simply pick it up using regualr software found across the net and you can find its location.

> Kashmar, some 140 miles from the border with Afghanistan
> range of more than 600 miles far enough to reach Israel
> RQ-170 Sentinel, /// keep watch on Osama bin Laden's compound in Pakistan
> in July
> Fordo facility near the holy city of Qom

Here you can reach a more than precise point of origin destination and flight path. the " july and Fordo was the last downed drone so now you can triangulate positions. hope your cerebral level is upto the maths

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Dimitri, what you summed up is exactly what I had been thinking the very moment the story broke. I immediately thought that if communication was lost and it was unable to RTB, that it would fly circles and ultimately autopilot itself to the ground... I still am surprised at how much of the drone appears non-damaged. But the interior might be alot more damaged then the exterior.

I was talking with my dad the other day, and he made the point that what if the drone was intentionally grounded by US in Iran? What if even now it is collecting data around itself and relaying in back to base... A trojan horse of sorts? Would the Iranians pass up an opportunity to parade it about? Perhaps show it to the Chinese? Maybe it is some way to gauge Iran/China ability to backwards engineer the technology or something.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by wonderboy2402
Dimitri, what you summed up is exactly what I had been thinking the very moment the story broke. I immediately thought that if communication was lost and it was unable to RTB, that it would fly circles and ultimately autopilot itself to the ground.

yes..but its gps should have back tracked its path to its point of origin, its a fail safe prog used to inorder to prevent such losses but this time its obvious that it was far more than a system failure as all indications do point to a complete and utter take over of drones software and hadware. If that is the case, then you are looking at the very real possibility that satellite encryption has been compromised. Forget the 6 million dollar toy and the well landed news feeds and forum discussion, look at what isnt been asked and covered. The sat encryption that are always used at this level.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by wonderboy2402
I was talking with my dad the other day, and he made the point that what if the drone was intentionally grounded by US in Iran? What if even now it is collecting data around itself and relaying in back to base... A trojan horse of sorts?

Yes, this is in fact something that I theorized also right after the story first broke.

Think about it: what would Iran do after seizing this drone? The assumption is that the Iranian authorities would transfer it to some top secret research and development facilities. This would, in fact, have Iranian targeting its own facilities if the Sentinel was still sending locational data to the CIA.

If this is the case, even though I haven't seen anything but speculation of it, then the most ironic thing that could happen is if Iran has realized this and has actually only moved the Sentinel to a fake facility that they want targeted. If the facility then happens to have an "accident", then it would be proof of the whole "trojan horse" theory and the US would be in serious hot water.

Aren't intelligence games fun?

edit on 9-12-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
So they showed the drone in full, unharmed.

Pretty much I think they hacked into the signal and took over control of the drone, would be my opinion. That's how they downed it.

The company who makes the drone should be getting thier arses kicked about now due to lack of security measures.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Well now, let's get straight to it.

How is it hypocracy?

Being a hypocrite means saying something is bad, then doing it. I don't see that here. What I see is a possible attempt to look better than you are. Something I feel you've had good experience in with the Libyan debates a few months ago. Not to insult you sir, but I want to ask you to justify how you an call it hypocracy.

Here he comes again with the insults

Something I feel you've had good experience in with the Libyan debates

I was right about the libyan conflict now that the NATO backed rebels, Mecs whatever you want to call them they now have there sharia law in place and are protecting western oil interests.

but I want to ask you to justify how you an call it hypocracy

And it isnt it? when the western mainstream talks of other countries criticism and attacks the western media gets a bit upsets and they start attacking them for there criticism.

But when someone shuts down there military units let be it an F117, or a drone they denounced it by claiming its unture its a propaganda play.

Isnt interesting though? The Mainstream major news networks protecting the military industrial complex interests.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Isnt interesting though? The Mainstream major news networks protecting the military industrial complex interests.

not protecting, projecting. they are the mouth piece of the military. the flow of information is in their hands.
what we hear is what we need to hear at that time. they are integrated within the military complex as a psychological tool for mass opinion. /tinfoil hat on?
edit on 9-12-2011 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

No, it isn't interesting. You act like an a-hole by calling death onto others, and you get called out. Be that on Iran by politicians here, or on Israel by politicians there. What's the difference? It's an a-hole calling on death to another for political gain.

Also I believe you are confusing Egypt with Libya. And all the same, why do you have the right to say others have to govern a certain way? I thought you were all for what the people want.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
just another boring day at the office

oh lol..forgot to black out the writing on the wall...oops me badz lulz..

oh well its been fun, time to teach the chimps how to communicate

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I find it strange that it appears to be displayed inside a basketball court/ school gymnasium of sorts, but then again maybe it is being stored in a high school for "safety" reasons. Does anyone know what the signs behind the craft say?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brotherman
I find it strange that it appears to be displayed inside a basketball court/ school gymnasium of sorts, but then again maybe it is being stored in a high school for "safety" reasons. Does anyone know what the signs behind the craft say?

i imagine it would be along the lines of

own3d

pwn3d

epic fail

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join