It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schools doing medical testing on children

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Big pharma is the most evil thing around this days and time, I just posted an article of what they have done in Africa and how they have gotten away with it.

I tell you, I know the DNA collecting is something that is been pushed in congress but because our laws is hard to legislate on it, but private companies that will be profiting from it will do anything to go around of any laws.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I'm not certain, but in regard to taking blood, I think it is probably the prick test used to check blood sugar levels. As mentioned earlier in the thread, these things are medical procedures, regardless of the quantity of blood taken. There are still concerns about even the prick test because of chances of infection. I am in no way discrediting the abilities of the school nurse, but these are things I feel should be done by her DOCTOR. As pointed out, it is very easy to use information like this as a statistic, and it is a violation of my child's privacy to use information obtained in this fashion without her and our permission.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I think we've figured out what is going on. Apparently they have changed some state laws concerning children that are covered under Medicaid. They are requiring children to be "recertified" and this includes test being done that include blood and urine samples. The school was asking permission to perform the testing due to an affiliation with the local health department. They we under the assumption that we had been notified by the state, but the state was slow in contacting us and we were not aware of the situation.

As to what laws have been changed and why they are requiring "recertification", I'm still researching. On a personal level I find it ignorant that children should have "testing" done to be "recertified" for Medicaid, but I don't agree with how our health care system is run anyway.

I sincerly thank everyone that has taken the time to respond and care for the wellbeing of our children!!! Your comments have been rather enlightening!!!
edit on 8-12-2011 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

you are correct, the medical treatment of a child should be directly related to the parents, not the education system, its just proving how tight the grip of the community and the future the illuminati want, you'll see, soon she'll come home telling you they want to microchip her for her "protection", we live in a new fascist state, worldwide..

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Uhmm. . recertification for medicaid is still an application.. Got mine yesterday mattor of fact.
Im in texas though. Also, my kids father pays for theirs. So idk..

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by browsey

I'd like to see them try to implant my child with a RFID microchip....If you think I'm a concerned parent because they want some blood or urine, just wait and see my reaction if they tried something like that.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by showintail

That's what I thought too. I'm far from done with this issue. I want to know the reasoning behind it....something still doesn't ring right with me.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

It reminds me of when i was a kid, in a small Nevada town, when they were doing all the nuke tests and still did not bother with any kind of safety. Our town was tiny and they started doing all kinds of tests at school and giving us stuff in cups to drink and pills to take. I don't remember any permission slips from parents, they just trusted the Gov back then and it seems like they just cared like a continuation of polio vaccinations and such. I have often wondered what they did to us.
I would never allow then to take blood or urine samples.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Urine/Blood testing = Invasion of ones personal privacy

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Do you smoke in the home/car... around your children??? The reason I ask is because I just received a notice in the mail from The State concerning smoke/nicotine-free environments on campus... and was shocked at how strict it was.
edit on 8-12-2011 by shushu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Your child is smarter than most folks. She already knows that the government has been stealing blood from children even from the hospitals when they are born. I would take your childs advice and not allow her to take blood samples. On top of the risks of disease and other things.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
indeed, everyday our school systems push it one step farther in determining 'what is right for YOUR child'

the vaccines are more than enough to STAND UP AND FIGHT AGAINST. if you do in depth research, (not too in depth, the answers are literally right in front of you) you can see that the chemicals inside these are toxic at any and every level. it comes down to, do you want to put toxic drugs inside your child? im a child myself, in school, and have to fight for the right to health? is there a right to health in this country? no, but you can get prescribed whatever you want to numb the pain.

anyways, the mercury and lead in vaccines are outrageous every parent should study this.

i think an all out end to the education system in america would be the best option. is it so hard to teach our own children. i know i'd do a better job than most teachers. ron paul talks about taking out the education system as one of his first acts as president. my question is, can we trust this guy? he IS just another man, promising change.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Seektruthalways1

It's odd that you mention taking blood since birth. I was discussing this stuff earlier and I didn't think that my daughter had to do any type of blood/urine test that is for the state, but I was reminded that she did at birth. The whole thing is a little concerning.

I think the problem I have with this issue is that regardless of any laws, bills, constitution, or any other type of "rule", the first and most important right is to be a human being as you see fit, and to not have things done to you against your will.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I would NEVER allow this testing by the schools on my children.

If your child was the only one in class required to do this, it's not likely that it has to do with free lunches. The reason I think this way is in a class of twenty, more than one child would be on free or reduced meals. Back when I was in elementary in the early/mid 90's, I know I wasn't the only one in my class with free lunches. There were many others, and I doubt this has changed much

reply to post by dumboooo

As for the Ron Paul comment, he only wants to do away with the Department of Education, not the whole education system. The Dept of Education is the Federal entity that sticks it's noses in local, public education. The state should make all decisions regarding public education, not the Fed gov't. The constitution gives them no such power.
This is Ron Pauls' stance on the matter. I hope this was informative. Sorry for going off topic.
edit on 8-12-2011 by lurker007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Well said, I concur 100%
Red flags...something is very wrong here.

reply to post by Destinyone

Yes on this too.
What ever happened to the purpose of the shcool teaching education,
everything but these days!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I completely agree with you. Schools are for gettin' good learnin...they learn'd me to read real quicklike. The only thing that I can understand about schools and some of the things they do, and I have mentioned this before, is that their actions are designed, seemingly above all else, to avoid lawsuits.

We are living, unfortunately in a nanny-litigation-nation, which is a term I coined just now only cause i getted gud learnin. When schools have to constantly worry about lawsuits for TRIVIAL crap, I can SOMETIMES understand where they are coming from.

For instance, the first thing I thought of in this case is that the school could get sued if someone got really sick, only because it could be claimed they took no preventative action. So where do I stand, since I am saying these things?

I stand here: the schools are still wrong, but the main problem lies in our nanny-nation as a whole. I grew up in a democratic household, but I would never even dream of the nanny-nation antics that are prevalent in the news everyday. For instance, prayer in schools, saying God in the pledge of allegiance, or saying happy holidays because merry Christmas contains the word Christ...Give me a frickin' break.

People are becoming TOO SENSITIVE. This is a bad thing, as common sense seems to go out the window. Please note OP that this is NOT directed at your situation, but at situations in general. I think you are spot-on, and although I understand both sides of the story, at least I think I do, I still side with you, if it matters, lol. Good thread any way you cut it. S&F!!!
edit on 12/8/11 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Wow how much do you wanna bet that the amount of people diagnosed with ADD will skyrocket very soon? Hahaha

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

She was worried that they were trying to steal her DNA
Haha, looks like your daughter is pretty smart for a 9 year old. It's amazing she has the ability to be suspicious of things like that. I bet most other kids her age don't suspect a thing, and they certainly wouldn't think anyone is trying to steal their DNA. Seems you've been teaching her well.

Now more on topic, I wouldn't sign that permission slip...what is the point? Do you think your daughter is sick? Do you think the school should have such personal information about your daughter? Do you really think they are doing this to test for things such as diabetes? Why don't we often hear of other schools doing this? I'll tell you why we don't hear of it, because it's completely absurd. The school has no legitimate reason to want urine and blood samples, they can take a hike. They are a school for teaching students, not conducting tests and research on the children. There's something sinister at work here, I can feel it in my bones.
edit on 8-12-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye
reply to post by Inquisitive1

From what I've been able to find out so far, it doesn't appear to be any type of drug testing program. For one, my daughter is nine and wouldn't have anything to do with any type of drugs. One question I have regarding this in light of drug testing in schools, is if this is something that schools will begin doing to our children so that later on when schools want blood or urine sample to do drug testing (like many schools are doing to school athletes), the kids don't question what the schools are doing.....the kids are already use to peeing in a cup.

The children at your daughters school are probably not the true target of the testing.

I know little of drug testing, but it stands to reason that the testing could be used to pick up any residual use that may be occurring in a household. Somewhat like second hand smoke, the effects of smoking could be detected by observing (i.e. the test being done) the non smokers of a house hold.

The fact that you said it seems to centered around the children receiving free lunches may suggest that the school thinks the parents/guardians suspect that drug use may be the cause of the need for the children s free lunch program use.

Now I don't know if this type of detection is even possible, just a hair brained conspiracy theory probably.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Sounds like to me they're collecting up DNA samples, and they'll go from school to school until each and every child is on the DNA database.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join