It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New youtube look and icon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

New youtube look and icon

We've given YouTube a refresh. When you login, you'll be greeted with recent activity from your subscriptions. You can also browse and add new Channels to your homepage. Connect with Google+ and Facebook to share your favorites with friends. There's plenty to discover, so login and give it a spin.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 1-12-2011 by IDKWTB because: wrong website

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Looks like Youtube has changed a bunch of stuff on their site. Now instead of a youtube symbol, there is a "play button". I wonder what prompted them to make such a drastic change to their site. Although I do like the way it looks. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section or it has already been covered. Just thought it was interesting.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Couldn't really care less to be honest.

Websites change all the time. Every minute of every day.

Nothing really to it..they just change.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I hate it. connecting to facebook and google+? this is an orwellian dream.
no poll, no opinion, just change, don't care how it affects anyones computers. just change, but for you.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by IDKWTB

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section or it has already been covered. Just thought it was interesting.

I don't think youtube changing it's layout qualifies as breaking news. Website sites always try to change their look to make things more user friendly.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Google (gmail) just recently had an overhaul too. Are they owned by the same people?

Ya know?....in a constantly changing world, I would love to have some stability, familiarity and loyalty somewhere!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by taws6

Originally posted by IDKWTB

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section or it has already been covered. Just thought it was interesting.

I don't think youtube changing it's layout qualifies as breaking news. Website sites always try to change their look to make things more user friendly.

I guess it's been moved already, that was quick

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Yeah sorry about that. It's just that these sites are constantly changing and it gets annoying. Youtube was one site that stayed relatively the same for many years, so i felt it worth mentioning at least.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
double post.. sorry
edit on 1-12-2011 by IDKWTB because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Google took over youtube years ago.

I wonder if and when anything will come along to knock Google off it's pedestal.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by IDKWTB

Google basically kept YouTube with it's original look ever since purchase, besides a few changes over the period it owned YouTube. They gave it a new look so it has that Google+ feel to it. I personally don't like it much, but I'll get use to it.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AeonStorm

I think google has the torch for the foreseeable future. I could be wrong but intuition tells me otherwise.

Fidelity, yes we will all of course have to get used to it, whether we like it or not. Facebook is such a crazy example of how websites constantly change and never give us the ability to keep it to the settings we prefer.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

Couldn't really care less to be honest.
BS.

If that were true. then why did you open this thread?
The title is not misleading. It is clear and straight to the point.

If that comment is not BS, then does that mean that you opened this thread for no reason other than to 'troll'?

new topics

top topics

join