It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two lesbians raised a baby, and THIS is who they got

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
What we are really commenting on here is a form of selective breeding of humans. These women "got" what appears to be a level headed, good looking young man. Good for them, if that is what they intended to "get".
Depending upon the donor, they could have gotten worse depending upon genetics. Perhaps they could have bred a prodigy in music or science?
I know a gay couple (men) that have been raising an Asian boy (they are white) since birth. They believe, much to the amusement of many I know, that he is some sort of art prodigy. Perhaps he is, society will determine that. I don't think most here would consider him exceptional. But, the point is, in this case he is not being raised as a normal child, and in fact, he has difficulty relating to youth his age with these expectations place upon him by his "parents."
Humans are what they are. If this family is happy, who can fault that?

edit on 2-12-2011 by SurrealisticPillow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

Being Gay is not normal... It is a terrible thing for a kid to grow up without one biological parent. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar. America has always been about Family Values... Sadly this is fading away and is one of the biggest reason america is slowly drifting away from the constitution. The Family is what built America and made it great, without it the states would be nothing they are today.
edit on 2-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

Ok, I really thought I was done with this thread, but I really can't resist...

Being gay IS normal to a gay person. It's just not normal to a heterosexual person. There IS homosexuality in nature - nature created by God. So you're saying those animals are sinning - animals who know nothing of God?

What about kids who are adopted in loving homes who have grown up without either biological parent? So, they're doomed to hell, no matter how wonderful they've turned out?

Where's your proof that America has always been about "Family Values", whatever that means. Family is NOT what built America and made it great, industrialism in the 1800's is what built America and made it great; and greed is what is tearing it down.

Also, you do know why people from other countries came to America in the beginning, right? Freedom. Freedom of religion, freedom from persecution, separation of church and state. Those are the principles this country was founded on. Sadly, I don't see these principles followed much anymore, especially by "Christians" such as yourself.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
This kid is not really any better well spoken than a lot of other kids I know. Those who are wow'd by him must not be around many teens of average intelligence. I find the constant praise for this kids seeming brilliance distasteful.Your putting this kid on a pedestal he doesn't belong on.

That said, sure he got through his speech o.k... just as I'd expect someone of his age and education.

There are pros and cons to every issue. Look at that other lesbian couple who is illegally forcing the 10 year old kid to take hormones so the boy will not reach male maturity. This is criminal yet shockingly many of you are for it.

If this boy was not abused in such a manner by his "parents" then I applaud them for not being nut jobs.

What is this boy's sexual orientation and was it influenced by being raised by two gay women? That is not told.

I didn't hear, what was the final outcome of this vote? What exactly did the law declair concerning same sex marriages. stipulations, restrictions?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

Sexual Orientation and Marriage should NOT be discussed in schools.... That should be taught by the parents... Each individual human being has the inalienable creator-given right to choose their own life's path and that includes who they marry. The schools once again have taken it upon themselves to try an teach values to students ... this is the family role not the teacher role... I don't know if it's because the family is being broken down by the schools or by both parents working and children being raised in schools and day cares.... but I don't like it.

If only all our children of any set of parents were even half as intelligent of this kid right here...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

I'm adopted... Haven't a clue about my ethnic or medical background...

Does this make me less of a person? What if my biological father was a closet homosexual married to a mentally retarded woman for state benefits reasons only??? I don't really know, nor do I really care... I am not them. Just as each of us are not our parents. Just because your parents are gay doesn't make you gay, or straight parents make you automatically straight.... and the opposite of your parents would lead to misunderstandings obviously because we all fear what we don't understand.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Sex Education must be taught. We need to tell these 12-17 year olds, that if they make the choice to have sex, A condom is a MUST. Too young for birth control in my opinion, id want my kids to know how to use a RUBBER!!!

Don't be silly, ya only got one willy!

That is why sex education/ condom education is very important!! Lets prevent these teenage pregnancy's from even happening!

Abstinence works... Haha that was a lie.
edit on 2-12-2011 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

"So what you're voting here isn't to change us. It's not to change our families, it's to change how the law views us; how the law treats us."

It's hard to believe that people still have issues with gay people. It's really none of your business how others choose to live. They don't need your permission to live any particular way. It would be nice if the law treated them better than they do. They have few legal rights. He made a great point.

If you want to judge others, here's my 2 cents. I'm more bothered by heterosexual (usually married) men who sexually harass women and young girls. Ii've been harassed since I was 12 years old at gas stations, restaurants, by police and doctors. (If you're going to say I ask for it or deserve it...save your moldy breath.) They are so abundant and they hit on everyone and anyone. Sometimes us girls talk about how these creeps try to score. They often use the same scripts and tricks with each girl.

If that is a representation of heterosexual marriage, maybe that should be illegal. I truly hope and dream that the women they harass start filming the harassment and posting it publicly on sites like YouTube. Their wives wouldn't be happy. These men have an negative impact on society. Sure, your daughter might finance college giving sexual favors for money to dirty old men, but is that really a positive?

Would it be better to have sex with the married man and post your story on the Dirty (Ashton Kutcher) and try to get some money for your efforts? How about 'trophy wives' and rich men? That's obscene. Who wants their little girls to grow up to be gold diggers without their own life? Young girls are influenced by these dirty old men's presence one way or another. Obviously, if so many married men are cheating and border on child molestation to satisfy their 'needs', something is wrong with the institution of heterosexual marriage.

My point is, that no one has the right to judge anyone, regardless of what some book or their personal brand of religion says about it. In fact, the issue of law around gay marriage is only about how the law treats them.

America is a multi-faith country. We have Buddhists, Muslims, 7th Day Adventists, Hindu, B'ai, Wiccan and a myriad of other religions here. The Bible is not the end-all-be-all except for those who claim it is. Would you like a Muslim to lecture you about the immorality of not wearing a head scarf? Personal opinions about how to live properly in God's eyes should be saved for the shower.

Trust me, no one cares what a heterosexual person thinks about the morality of gay marriage. Heterosexual men definitely shouldn't throw stones. 95% of them are not wearing halos....they are wearing horns...thus the word: horny.
edit on 2/12/11 by RainbeauBleu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by blangger
reply to post by Indigo5

Go to church and be gay now that is wrong! Swear an oath to God at the same time defy him, now that is wrong. Hijacking the word GAY from the meaning of happiness, that is wrong.

You seem to be one of many who confuse "church" with "God".

God loves all of his children and in his omnipotence created both Straight and gay folks alike...perhaps to test and weed out false Christians with views like yourself?

Church?...well that is an institution who has had over 6,000 of their priesthood found guilty of child abuse and pedophilia.

Pedophilia is a mental disease created by stunting someone’s sexual development. You might be interested to know that the majority of Pedophiles are technically straight…they prefer the opposite sex in their own age range, but can sometimes pray on same sex children…because in their retarded sexual development that is the age they are. In orthodox churches that repress and villainize normal sexual development, and even more so in orthodox seminary, it essentially creates the perfect storm to stunt sexual development and create pedophiles.

Folks who claim to speak for God, like yourself, while at the same time condemning his children?...well I imagine God has a special place reserved for folks that show such arrogance, hatred, disrespect and vitriol toward his children…all while falsely claiming it is his will. If God's patience has limits, I imagine that is it.

Best of luck with your spirtual journey, I reccomend a little less of the earthly bible and a little more introspection and soul searching. God left his fingerprints upon you deep inside, you just need to have an open mind and search. The church sometimes gets in the way of that. Find a church that opens doors within you rather than tells you where to go.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
While I like and agree with what that kid said, I detest the fact that he had to say it. It's none of my business what gay people do in the privacy of their own homes, and it should be more so on the government level. I really don't like how the government is trying to "codify" and regulate every aspect of our lives.

Whether you're gay or straight, you're going to have problems raising kids. There is no manual telling people how it's done. Every parent is in the same boat in that you have to take everything one day at a time. What makes it hard is that the social issues of a parents' generation are going to be vastly different from the social issues in the current generation. Being gay or straight has nothing to do with how you deal with that generational gap. How intelligent, open-minded, loving and patient you are, in my opinion, has everything to do with it. How on earth does the government think they can regulate something like that? It's insane.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Being Gay is not normal... It is a terrible thing for a kid to grow up without one biological parent. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar. America has always been about Family Values... Sadly this is fading away and is one of the biggest reason america is slowly drifting away from the constitution. The Family is what built America and made it great, without it the states would be nothing they are today.
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Being Gay is normal, denying it is not, to deny it is to live in hypocracy.

And its "terrible" to grow up without both biological parents? really? terrible? in all situations? All the adopted children out there are living a "terrible" life? When one parent dies their children are doomed to a "terrible" life?

Really???

Raising children in a stable and loving home is what family values are all about. That was clearly provided by the parents in the video.

Nuff said.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
This guy is very good at addressing a subject that is obviously very close to him, I can't say if this person is happy, sad, angry, a good person, a bad person or anything else from this video. For all we know he could be deeply unhappy but looking for a career path and wishes to get himself noticed. My opinion on the subject, the effects on the children are unknown in such an early stage to say for sure whether there is a difference made by having same sex parents. If this guy is everything he comes across as being, well done, but who knows? I think time will tell as this is relatively a new concept. I hope it does turn out that all you need is to have parental figures that will love and care for you, regardless of who those people are, but part of me still feels that there is a mother and a father for a reason, not that you would think it in today's world. However, is the lack of one to do with how a child progresses in to adulthood or is it more to do with other surrounding environmental factors or to do with the whole package? Again, I hope it works out for the best, whether good or bad, I think things always turn out for the best in the end, so again, time will tell.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Fine he gave a nice delivery of a well scripted speech.

I'm not very impressed.

Generally speaking, I think two females gay or not are better suited to raise a child.

Two gay men on the other hand? Forget it.

I think even two straight men would not do aswell as two women.

I bet he sucks at baseball or throws like a girl.(just kidding).

With that said, you are what you make yourself to be.

Parents are temporary and all too often are blamed by people who cannot face up to their own actions or failures in life.

Boohoo

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Very awesome thread and even more heartening to read and listen. Good stuff, too many times we get bogged down in the negatives of our world and this was a nice change.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Wow. Well spoken. Smart. Self assured. I'm sure his parents are VERY proud. I think we'll be seeing more of him in the future. At least, I hope so.
Good for him and his parents.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

Good for him, he's one out of the few that don't turn gay themselves. What makes me sick are these men who donate sperm, how could you sleep at night knowing your children are out there and you don't even know who they are?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

I sleep fine thank you. I did not donate, women just wanted my seed. This kid is one to be proud of. I'm all for lesbians raising kids, but they don't all turn out great. The ones I know are all screwed up from having two mothers, but so are many that had a traditional upbringing.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

What is this boy's sexual orientation and was it influenced by being raised by two gay women? That is not told.

I imagine he is heterosexual, like most people are. Do you honestly think the sexuality of one's parents affects that of the child? It has nothing to do with it. I am a homo and both of my parents were heterosexual. I am well aware that many people don't know this is always the case, which is why I am trying to remain civil in this reply.

It's the one's that refuse to believe it as though they are an authority on a subject they will never understand that I want to shake till they stop hating.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Interesting update: www.uuworld.org...

How my testimony went viral

Values I learned from my two moms and UU church led me to testify before the Iowa House.
By Zach Wahls
Winter 2011

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

Actually, statistics show that more people raised by straight parents are homosexual than people raised by homosexual parents.
And though I don't know if I would want to be a sperm donor, I'm sure they find a little comfort knowing that their sperm created so much happiness for someone else.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join