It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Declares Cold War With China

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Because there's no need. Why would America attack countries it can already exploit legally?
edit on 29-11-2011 by NiNjABackflip because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Interesting post. One conundrum. Although I want to jump on board with everyone, I just want to point out an interesting flaw in the new source. After digging deeper into this particular article, I drew the conclusion that everyone jumped to concision.

Link Zero: U.S. Declares Cold War With China
Pakalert Press - 11/27/2011

Last week, President Barack Obama was in Asia to declare a cold war with China.

Second, China’s trade practices are undercutting American and regional allies’ economic influence. Obama said, “When it comes to their economic practices, there are a range of things [the Chinese] have done that disadvantage not just the U.S. but a whole host of their trading partners.” Obama expressed widespread frustration at an Asian news conference when he said, “The United States and other countries … feel that enough is enough.”

Link One: America's New Cold War With China
Huffington Post - 11/18/2011

By declaring that he will dispatch 2,500 Marines to Australia, President Obama has crossed a line, beginning a new Cold War with China, one based on military encirclement on sea and land, costing unknown trillions in defense dollars, and shoring up cheap labor markets in a free trade zone excluding China. An increased emphasis on China's systemic human rights violations will provide a liberal rationale for the new global competition.

Link Two: Cold War with China -- Time for Media to Admit It
Yahoo - 11/16/2011

When will the media start admitting we are in a new Cold War with China? With cyberespionage, mysterious grids appearing on satellite images and President Barack Obama shifting more troops to Australia due to an aggressive China, everything points to a new Cold War. Why is it, though, that everyone is afraid to use the term?

Only one problem with the original source for this thread.

Obama did not verbally declare a Cold War with China.

It was assumed through Obama's actions to send troops to Australia.

We are entering a trade war with China in which has to potential to become a Cold War.

China is crippling the world economically.

edit on 11/29/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
All I can say is, vote Ron Paul. If that fails? Well who knows, hopefully not an Obama second term.
I saw this coming after the little Australia incident. Lets Obamasize the world.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmoKeyHaZe
reply to post by SLAYER69

Police state..as in, America "policing" the world.

Or are you gonna tell me that that's horse crap, & the U.S are not bullies who like to start wars, abuse their power & interfere in other country's interests?

One thing people forget is that superpower do not have to be benevolent. Just look at past ones, USSR, England, Nazi Germany, France, etc.

Also, while I cannot disagree with the possibility of a new cold war, (Which defense contractors have to be salivating for as the war on terror loses its flavor) China is in no shape to really challenge the US. Even the PLA general has acknowledged this. He went on to say that Chinas military is not one that can or will challenge the US. They are more concerned with lifting 1.3 billion people out of poverty than they are with buying expensive weapon systems to challenge the US. But then again, the chinese are great at double speak. (so to is the US) So who knows...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Why declare any type of hostilities on them when we support their military via our spending habits?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

China is crippling the world economically.

I take it you dont really understand how the chinese economy works. It serves as nothing more than a scapegoat for politicians eager to skirt the blame. China does have an artificially low currency, but its when you actually look at the growth in China, we see nothing but massive debt (yes, massive debt) and out of control fixed investment with a massive non performing loan problem. (hence the debt)

See, Chinas "growth" is based purely on how many empty buildings China can build. We know them as "Ghost Cities", where 90% of these cities are virtually empty. Right now, China is ripe with bad investment growth schemes aimed at keeping production high. According to Jim Chanos, 60% of Chinas GDP today is based on fixed investments. This is MASSIVE and has often been labeled as "Dubaix1000!". Chinese consumption remains flat at 30% (which actually, is less than it was in the year 2000). So what we see out of China is very reminiscent of what we saw out of Japan in the late 80's early 90's. China is due for a correction..which will mean that the artificial growth and demand in raw resources (heavy metals, coal, oil, aluminum, etc) will experience a collapse in price. This will hurt export driven economies that rely on commodities like Australia, Brazil, etc.

See, Chinas growth is at the expense of a few things. First off, todays growth comes at the expense of tomorrows...meaning stagnant slow growth is in Chinas future. Secondly, this comes at the expense of the environment, which has taken quite a beating in China...and thirdly, fixed investment is a one time boom. China has been riding that boom for a while now, and now it seems that China has overstepped the point of no return with it. China now faces a massive non performing loan problem (sound familiar? It should, its what brought down western economies back in 2008, except it is much worse in China).

So while this post has been far longer than I had anticipated, you should get the just of it. China is NOT the threat that the media and government officials perceive it to be. A cold war would certainly boost government growth and more perceived hostilities. But in the grand scheme of it all, nothing of great value will be gained from it. Just more hate and violence. However, this "cold war" would be much different than the one from the 20th century.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

and people are tryin to swarm Dr. Ron Paul with the title of an Isolationist..... its not isolationism, its getting the F*@# away from war. Im not trying to endorse the Dr. but this world needs to wake up, we are apart of it, we should be making something happen, instead we sit at our comps after work and "think" about doing it. Lets work towards Peace and Prosperity. Let the free energy heal everyone.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by TheOracle

South China Sea is Chinese zone of influence, they have the power to take it, let them take it.

Nobody said a word when the US invaded, coerced, bullied countries for national interest.
I am no China or US supporter, I only dislike double standards.
edit on 29-11-2011 by TheOracle because: (no reason given)

Well then, those in Japan would have to differ with you,wouldn't they? They rely HEAVILY on the U.S. for defense,as does South Korea.

But who cares.....Let China "take" what they want,because you say so...........

I didn't say I agree, only pointing out the hypocrisy of the West. For centuries we bullied and took what we wanted and it helped our growth. But we don't like it when people across the globe do it?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I always wondered why America hasn't bullied,coerced and "TAKEN" Mexico,Canada,South America,Cuba,etc.....

Because its in "our" sphere of influence.

You really think the US doesn't meddle in Mexico politics?

The US and its economic weapon known as the IMF has a History of corruption in latin america. You also seem to forget Panama, Puerto Rico, post Chavez Venezuela ...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by xlb40
See, Chinas "growth" is based purely on how many empty buildings China can build. We know them as "Ghost Cities", where 90% of these cities are virtually empty. Right now, China is ripe with bad investment growth schemes aimed at keeping production high. According to Jim Chanos, 60% of Chinas GDP today is based on fixed investments. This is MASSIVE and has often been labeled as "Dubaix1000!".

Holy Crap! I forgot about this...

Link: The Ghost Towns of China
MailOnline - Dated: 12/18/2010

Elaborate public buildings and open spaces are completely unused, with the exception of a few government vehicles near communist authority offices.

Some estimates put the number of empty homes at as many as 64 million, with up to 20 new cities being built every year in the country's vast swathes of free land.

It was filled with office towers, administrative centres, museums, theatres and sports facilities as well as thousands of homes, but remains virtually deserted.

How the hell are they able to fake this one?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
It'll be Darwin, Hawaii, South Korea, or some other like place that gets hit if a nuke gets sent. It's not like the American mainland will see this action.

It further explains the posting of several thousand Marines in Darwin. The chinese might even use indonesia as a proxy, i'm sure indonesia would readily accept armaments from china to attack the people they've resented for so long.

Glad i live about as far away as you can get in Australia from all of this, but will it be enough?

Poor Darwin. the place is already haunted by the ghosts of the past (seriously that place has some spooky stuff go down, i've witnessed first hand) Bombed in WW2 then levelled by a hurricane a few decades later, now the possibility of being hit by tactical missiles. They really are a friendly people and only a tiny town, really small, like maybe 20,000 people at the most, they could fit in a football stadium.

South Korea doesn't need this kinda thing either, they've seen enough.

Hawaii isn't asking for it either..

But if it hit washington, well the civillians don't deserve it but everyone sitting in a giant white, domed building won't be missed.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Now i think about it. if this starts, Then Mr Ron Paul will be the worst choice as far as the REAL south Asia is concerned.

Obama will awaken the tiger then Paul will slink back to America and leave us all to be destroyed.

American Politics sure does have a knack for heavily influencing and destroying non american countries.

Like i've said before, us 'other' countries should get a vote for american president seeing as it affects us almost as much as anyone living in America.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

I am getting bored with all this war and warmongering, it is making the world a sick place. Why dont they have a warm war instead. Where they send each other Valentines presents and stockpile big boxes of chocolates..

Because that would be incredibly gay (not in the sexual orintation sense of the word mind)
And we'd all die from dehydration after vomitting so much.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I always wondered why America hasn't bullied,coerced and "TAKEN" Mexico,Canada,South America,Cuba,etc.....

Because its in "our" sphere of influence.

You mean this whole time Chavez and Venezuelan oil has been ripe for the pickings too?

Mexico,and its unstable Government,and Cubas declining Communist leadership...........................

Canada cant even control its waterfalls!!!!!!

Its ripe for the taking !

HAHA, funny, waterfalls.
Seriously though. If America 'invaded' and took by force, Canada then every other ally they have that is also a part of the commonwealth would immediatly turn their back on America. Which would hurt, pretty badly.
infact, every other 'Western' ally they have would become very untrusting of America and begin to back away from the crazy person.

As for mexico.... honestly don't think anyone other then mexico would really care. It would still be of concern though.

For America to openly annex any other nation, in a territory-grab manner would raise eyebrows and the words 'Hitler' and 'Nazi germany' would be thrown about in the media.
It's not cool to expand your borders nowadays, only truly evil nations would do this..... Can YOU think of a nation or 'State' that is currently doing this?

What about you SemperFortis? can you think of a nation or State that is doing this?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmoKeyHaZe
reply to post by seabag

America is unfortunately the police state of the world..

& you know how people generally feel towards police.

Especially police that abuse their powers..

So get used to the bashin'.

But I don't have much love for China either, who're throwing their weight around..& have one of the worst human rights record.

Well said.

It's hardly surprising that China would assert some degree of concern over what goes on in the sea that laps its shores. If the tables were turned, what would the U.S. and U.K. be saying?
edit on 11/30/2011 by dubiousone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
I didn't say I agree, only pointing out the hypocrisy of the West. For centuries we bullied and took what we wanted and it helped our growth. But we don't like it when people across the globe do it?

Be careful what you wish for.

If you think the West has been exploitive, just wait until the Chinese are in charge!

You ain't seen nothing yet.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

TextI would think blowing yourself up,and collateral damage is just the same also. They have NO problem doing it to themselves,now do they?

I dont think its the same at all. I remember watching the news a short time after 911 and seeing they were bombing government buildings trying to take out Saddam and I was thinking hmm,there would be innocent people in that area. Why doesnt anyone care? The US hasnt looked back since. I am constantly shocked by the people that cheer them on.
edit on 30-11-2011 by theovermensch because: typo

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

The amount of AID we send to other country's is staggering. I have yet to see ONE nation giving America aid,on a yearly basis. ONE. We also have the UN with its task of policing the world. Have they done there job at it? Here is some Irony.................Where was China when Pol Pot was killing in Cambodia? Along with the US and UK giving him aid. The UN recognized him as Cambodia's leader. China supplied him with the weapons. Nothing is perfect in the world,nor is any country. To hold a country to some moral standard is one of the hardest things to do. America,as a Country,has given the world more though,then has taken from it. Many here want to just bash America,and fault it for "meddling",or "policing". Its the easiest thing to do.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by theovermensch

It IS the same. Loss of life,whoever,or however is loss of life.Collateral damage ? Those who are dead,have no voice in that argument,do they.
edit on 30-11-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

TextWell then, those in Japan would have to differ with you,wouldn't they? They rely HEAVILY on the U.S. for defense,as does South Korea. But who cares.....Let China "take" what they want,because you say so...........

Japan and South Korea are forced protectorates of the United States. Did you see all the protesters from South Korea venting their hostility for the US because of US trade deal? We are all sick of you. You rely on these "piss ant" contries not the other way around. If they all cut you off you would be in a heck of alot of trouble and your government knows it. So would you if you werent eating up US propaganda your whole life. The US would love to turn Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya into protectorates like South Korea and Japan but its not gonna happen. The US only protects its protectorates so they can control them.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join