It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Magazine's December 5, 2011 | Vol. 178 No. 22 cover. Propaganda?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by smurfy

The cover itself is propaganda subliminal mind control. They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Now add a title to add suggestion. The cover is seen by millions who never even open the magazine.

For example the Doctors office. How many people look at the title and the cover picture but never open the magazine?

How about the magazine racks at the store?

Not to mention advertising.

I do believe I allowed for that in my post, and said so, regards possible propaganda. I think however subliminal mind control on the basis of (What, a different cover?) is way out there. There may be a specific cover that would attempt that, but not any of these examples. You seem to be treating it as if you are somehow immune, unlike the rest of us. First off, you make a thread about different covers with the rationale that TIME is trying to conceal stories from US readers, now the cover has become a subliminal message as well, how paranoid is that! Then you want to make us believe that we sit in a surgery staring at a cover of TIME magazine, that my friend is ridiculous. The reality is that I have never bought TIME magazine, but I have read it, for nothing, in a doctor's waiting room!

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by rexusdiablos

What propaganda?

I've shown that the story is written in the US version of the magazine as well as the other regions.

I've also shown that the different regions often run different covers.

And I've shown that a US edition of TIME will put something that the "asleep" would not normally think about on their cover whilst at the same time all the other regions get a cover with inventions...directly contradicting the premise of the OP.

You make it seem like a Cover is meaningless. It isn't.

Covers sell magazines.

Also, People look at the cover of a magazine, and think "that's the most important article in the magazine." So technically speaking, American's will pick up the "Anxiety issue" fully read the "Anxiety is good bs article" and perhaps skim the "Revolution Redux" since it wasn't cover worthy.

It's trite, but if your in a doctor's office chances are you'll skim the magazine, or just jump to the cover story.

It would interesting to check sales for the issue in the US vs World. It would also be interesting, if the cover curbed sales in the US in anyway, and if so why would Time want less sales? If I was editor, and was trying to sell magazines, I'd pick the Revolution Redux cover.

Also, the fact that there's an "Anxiety is good for you" cover is alarming considering the number of Pharmaceuticals out there prescribed to help Anxiety. Are they trying to get more people on pharmaceuticals?

Odd world.
edit on 26-11-2011 by squidboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

LOL, i haven't read a time magazine since grammar school

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logman
Negro pulease.

Up there with SatoriTheory's 9/11 Time cover.

Man, "time" to knock this site on the head.

Agreed, I don't even miss not coming to this site any more these days and threads like this prove why.

Do Americans really care about Egypt's second round of protests when they have their own issues to deal with? Should Europeans care when we have the Euro crisis going on and the possibility of more money having to be handed over to other countries when we have our own debts?

I'd understand if that alternate cover was for Africa and Asia only but it seems the Europe version doesn't have a localised story to appear on the cover so there we go.

I think many ATS members should wake up from their crazy sleep.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Time. Newsweek. _________ (fill in 'news' magazine of choice).
It's all propaganda. Check the words they use in the so called articles too.
Full loaded with the key words to support their agendas.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
already posted I see. but 'll add that by seeing it makes clear of time's intentions to distract American minds.

edit on 26-11-2011 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

holy toledo!

what the ....................
grrr.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I don't think of that US cover as propaganda. If anything, it is a dumbed down cover or perhaps an ethnocentric view of "worry about yourself, not others" kind of thing. I have to admit the cover would be completely unappealing for me. Thankfully they do include the Egypt story in smaller print letters on the top, but you'd have to be crazy to think that images didn't have a powerful effect on people.

Besides, if it really was propaganda for TPTB for some ultra sinister super secret NWO, wouldn't it make more sense to use the same cover on all the editions?

*Edit. Seeing multiple differences between US/world covers, I'm still leaning more towards my first paragraph. There's a reason the rest of the world views the US as ignorant, unfortunately ignorant citizens and a magazine just trying to make a buck both tie into it. Ethnocentrism FTW!
edit on 11/26/2011 by DrunkenDonuts because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DrunkenDonuts

i have a problem with this "there's a reason the rest of the world thinks the us is ignorant..."

dude, a huge portion of the world is flippin poor and alot of them can't even read because they don't have adequate education or are women who are hustled into early marriages and will be lucky if they can read the label on a bottle. . the only people with enough money to buy a time magazine or even care what it says (most are too busy just trying to survive) are governments that use the same spiel you're cranking out as a form of propaganda, or european nations who view the usa however britain or rome tells them too.

i aint buying it.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
It reminds me of when they tried to tell us that radiation was good for us.
I feel so much better now!

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

wow i hate to do it but...

edit on 26-11-2011 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

That's a damn good find friend, thanks for sharing OP!!! S&F, count yourself as not one of the sheep, keen eye!!

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I don't know what you guys call it, but I call it New World Order bull#.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

If people would wake up and nationalize petro and banking then there wouldn't be any messaging to go back to sleep sheep. Right now the Wast is owned by petro and banking. If the people owed those headwaters of a free market economy there would be no such type of censorship.

Wake up sheeple it's your oil and money. Standup and demand your property back, you own it.
edit on 26-11-2011 by LilDudeissocool because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Yep, pretty screwy. Telling us Americans that anxiety is good for us? While everywhere else, there is revolution in the streets? WTF??? Why can't we play the revolution card as well? Perhaps its time for a little bloodshed. That would get congress off its ass, the president off his, and everyone else back to work FOR us, not AGAINST us.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

I can't STAND Time Magazine. Total shills for the "elite" (inbreds is more like it).

They're goofs, the writers the editors, and what's worse they don't even have a clue, while intentionally leading people astray, what a combination.

I hate Time Magazine.

Glad someone picked up on this.

S&F

edit on 26-11-2011 by NewAgeMan because: word missing

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ThatGuy45

Ain't that the truth. I just helped my friend's brother move! He's 'disabled' because of his knee. He stood and watched his pregnant girlfriend, her dad, my 14 yo, and myself life a 400lbs couch! American males are becoming massive pussies!

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The average American can't handle a cold sore much less the truth or facts.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by traderjack
reply to post by ThatGuy45

Ain't that the truth. I just helped my friend's brother move! He's 'disabled' because of his knee. He stood and watched his pregnant girlfriend, her dad, my 14 yo, and myself life a 400lbs couch! American males are becoming massive pussies!

lolomg...i've had like 20 surgeries, and I have a deviated septum, and whatever else but that doesn't stop me from getting off my ass to do something. Just for that I want to get out and help someone, maybe change the status quo a bit.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Boil the frog slowly.

This way to the "showers" folks.

What doesn't kill me makes me stronger . . . uuuhhhhh . . . (flatline).

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

that's a very bigoted picture. might also be racist since it
isn't an equal opportunity bigoted piece.
edit on 26-11-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join