It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Dems Jumping Off the Obama Bandwagon

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by KendraSins

Well, I think it depends on what you mean by "supported."

1) Yes, once he was the democratic nominee, most Democrats in office supported Obama. The exception was Joe Lieberman who darted over to McCain. This is pretty much expected, for a political party to support hteir nominee.

2) However a great many have broken with him on legislative issues.

Use of the generic term "support" is a little tricky.

if you expressly mean Democratic voters? of course not all supported him. After all, that 25% white voter surge that McCain got over every other republican in history had to some from somewhere. And there were of course the PUMA sorts, and the people who were expecting a dyed-red revolutionary, etc.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

Originally posted by KendraSins
reply to post by jdub297

Part of your premise is missing. That would be the part that shows all these people were on the bandwagon to begin with. Unlike Republicans, Democrats do not all rally around each other just because of party name. Plenty of Democrats were not on Obama's bandwagon and as interesting as this thread seems, without actually demonstrating any change in these people then this is just twisted propaganda to make it seem support is being lost when that support was likely never there. It is a neat way to paint someone negatively but a dishonest one.

Are you amnesiac? Do I really have to prove that Oprah Winfrey, Chris Matthews and Claire McAskill were supporters?

That would be 3 people and two of them are not in any office I know of.

You have no right to insinuate that I am a liar without first proferring evidence of the fact. Your post is obnoxious and ill-informed.

That all depends on what specifically I claim you lied about. Do you even know?

If you had taken the time to have a grown up read you the the 1st thread and links, you would see that you are completely off-base. Is that you, Barack?

jw

Actually I did read and you seem way off base. I simply asked to be shown where 100% of Democrats supported Obama or where these people who have jumped ship were on the ship. You have shown neither. Your link does nothing to prove to me that Oprah is looking over at Romney.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by KendraSins

Well, I think it depends on what you mean by "supported."

1) Yes, once he was the democratic nominee, most Democrats in office supported Obama. The exception was Joe Lieberman who darted over to McCain. This is pretty much expected, for a political party to support hteir nominee.

Which is exactly why I am asking what I am asking. Words like "most" do more to kill the OPs point than make it.

2) However a great many have broken with him on legislative issues.

Use of the generic term "support" is a little tricky.

Many have "broken with him on legislative issues" going on how long now? About 3 years? Right.

if you expressly mean Democratic voters? of course not all supported him. After all, that 25% white voter surge that McCain got over every other republican in history had to some from somewhere. And there were of course the PUMA sorts, and the people who were expecting a dyed-red revolutionary, etc.

You are asking specifically which section of this entire group I mean? You need to ask the OP who he means.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by jdub297

We've been criticizing him for three years.

He's STILL a better option than anything the other team can field, and so he's still going to win.

It doesn’t matter who endorses him, how many companies he’s taken bribes from, how many votes the party pays for, how bad TPTB want to keep their puppet, etc. The majority of the country has finally realized who this man is and he will face a devastating defeat in 2012. Nothing can save the Messiah from his fate. He will go down in history as the biggest loser in American politics.

ANY American with integrity, surrounded by good advisors who are not bought and paid for, could run the country better than your master. He is a disgusting, traitorous piece of excrement. The world knows it - It’s about time you face it.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
It doesn’t matter who endorses him, how many companies he’s taken bribes from, how many votes the party pays for, how bad TPTB want to keep their puppet, etc. The majority of the country has finally realized who this man is and he will face a devastating defeat in 2012.

Here is why I find this place so fascinating. He will be defeated by whom exactly?
Please name the person that is not all the evil things every president before him has been.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Can you be honest or sincere?

Do you honestly expect me to believe that a sane, rational person, with a grasp of reality is under the impression that 100% of all Democrats in office supported Obama?
Why would you think that?
Why would ANYONE think that?
If you want to be honest and have a conversation about reality that would be great. Apparently you just have your opinion and that is all that matters. OK.

I was never under the impression that 100% of Democrats in office supported Obama and have seen nothing to change that. Apparently you have some great information that sharing right now would do a great world of help to shut me up and show me the error of my ways. Where is it?

Can you even understsand what you read? Did you join this week just to troll?

No one here has even HINTED that "100% of Democrats in office supported Obama."
If you can't think rationally, maybe you should reconsider membership.

Is that you, Nancy?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

You reply with inane questions that you know are worthless to ask. Are you really asking me to name just one Democrat that did not support Obama before he was elected? Hillary Clinton. Done.

Obama wasn't elected......but wait!

Heres Hillary endorsing him!!!

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

It doesn’t matter who endorses him, how many companies he’s taken bribes from, how many votes the party pays for, how bad TPTB want to keep their puppet, etc. The majority of the country has finally realized who this man is and he will face a devastating defeat in 2012. Nothing can save the Messiah from his fate. He will go down in history as the biggest loser in American politics.

You know this is the same stuff we were saying about Bush back in 2004's election, right? Oops.

Obama is not anyone's dream president. Maybe he'd do better if half the legislature hadn't made their #1 priority scuttling him, instead of trying to fix the country, who knows. Point is, as "meh" as the dude is, there is no viable competition. As it stands, the only person who really has a chance at taking down Barack Obama is Barack Obama.

ANY American with integrity, surrounded by good advisors who are not bought and paid for, could run the country better than your master. He is a disgusting, traitorous piece of excrement. The world knows it - It’s about time you face it.

There. Do you feel better?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

Can you even understsand what you read? Did you join this week just to troll?

Just the personal attack then?

No one here has even HINTED that "100% of Democrats in office supported Obama."

Actually that is the undeniable premise presented here. A democrat criticized Obama, you call it "jumping ship." You go on about how Democrats are "jumping ship" without ever

A-Proving they were on the ship
B-Sufficiently showing anyone jumping any ship.

You cannot claim that Democrats are now finally starting to not support Obama unless you want us to believe that at one point ALL OF THEM DID.

If you can't think rationally, maybe you should reconsider membership.

Is that you, Nancy?

Nancy?

If you cannot properly frame a thought, perhaps this is not the site for me.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

So because lots of young people voted, all Democrats in office supported Obama?
Please explain that logic to me. How do you ascertain anything about who a politician supports by looking at young voter turnout?

Please enlighten me.

Its not just politicians,did you read the OP?
Did you read the title???????

Where does it say Politicians only????

Dems voted Obama in!

edit on 25-11-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

He wasn't?
Please clear that up.

Hllary endorsing him!!!

And that proves....?
Oh that proves that a Democrat at some point went from not being on the ship to jumping aboard. Great argument. Yes I know she changed her tune. The point is JUMPING SHIP, right? She started off on the dock. What do you not get?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

reply to post by jdub297

Part of your premise is missing. That would be the part that shows all these people were on the bandwagon to begin with.

And I asked who wasn't. You implied that there were those in the democratic party that weren't on board with Obama.
You then changed the narritive by redefining when (prior to the election) democrats "got" on board with Obama and his policies.

Weak. Backtracking.

But typical of supporters of Obama.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Its not just politicians,did you read the OP?
Did you read the title???????

Where does it say Politicians only????

Dems voted Obama in!

edit on 25-11-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

Thank you for making my case. If it is not relegated to just those in office, then it is a bigger crock of crap. I know tons of Democrats the NEVER supported Obama. This OP would then hear something they said today and characterize that as "jumping ship" when that is false.

But let's look at those nonpolitical examples, shant we?
Is Oprah still an Obama supporter or not?
Has Chris Matthews ever criticized Obama before, like in the first year?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

He wasn't?
Please clear that up.

Hllary endorsing him!!!

And that proves....?
Oh that proves that a Democrat at some point went from not being on the ship to jumping aboard. Great argument. Yes I know she changed her tune. The point is JUMPING SHIP, right? She started off on the dock. What do you not get?

YOU ASKED

Are you really asking me to name just one Democrat that did not support Obama before he was elected? Hillary Clinton. Done.

I showed you he WASNT elected at the time,and Hillery endorsed him........

You were wrong.............

You didnt even take the time to listen to her...........................you just posted.

I dont pull out the "troll" card often,but......................................

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Here is why I find this place so fascinating. He will be defeated by whom exactly?
Please name the person that is not all the evil things every president before him has been.

Any of the candidates would be a change for the better; ANY OF THEM!

The real power lies in congress! When the congress is replaced next year with people who are there to handle the business of the Americans who sent them there, it won’t matter who the POTUS is anyway. Whoever it is will either be on board or be a lame duck.

The mission of the next Congress will be to remove corporate influence, repeal Obummercare, cut, cap and balance the damn budget, and work for the people who sent them there to fix this mess.

If that doesn’t happen we’re screwed anyway, so it won’t matter who sits in the Oval Office! All the protests in the world won’t fix it at that point!

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Thankyou..........

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
missing. That would be the part that shows all these people were on the bandwagon to begin with.

And I asked who wasn't. You implied that there were those in the democratic party that weren't on board with Obama.

No. Please try and keep up because repeating myself is boring.

THE OP IMPLIED THAT 100% OF DEMOCRATS SUPPORTED OBAMA. You, by asking me to prove otherwise, confirm his claim.

Now you both made claims neither of you can back up.
The best you can do is "but then I asked you something so there!!!!!"

grow up.

You then changed the narritive by redefining when (prior to the election) democrats "got" on board with Obama and his policies.

No I changed nothing. I am not sure what part of English gives you the most trouble but I said the exact same thing each time. I am sorry that you cannot understand.

Weak. Backtracking.

If it were, it would be. Instead it is just your weak attempt to claim I need to answer for something someone else claimed and then apparently did not even understand me enough to get what I said the first time since you thought it was different the second time.

But typical of supporters of Obama.

Sounds pretty typical of the type of people that stereotype and listen to their own opinions too much.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   

I showed you he WASNT elected at the time,and Hillery endorsed him........

You were wrong.............

Not even by a little. Are you trying to tell me that there was not time before the election when Hillary was not endorsing Obama? Please say yes. PLEASE.

You didnt even take the time to listen to her...........................you just posted.

I dont pull out the "troll" card often,but......................................

I do not need to listen to her. I know she endorsed Obama. I also know that before that, and BEFORE THE ELECTION, she was actually runing against him. I am sorry you missed that.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Let's try something easy for all of you.
The op says Democrats are jumping ship.

Who?
Name them.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Any of the candidates would be a change for the better; ANY OF THEM!

That just about ends any meaningful conversation about to had here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join