It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Dems Jumping Off the Obama Bandwagon

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
reply to post by jdub297

Just Another Example of the Rats Leaving a Sinking Ship . The Democraps Will Pay Dearly come Nov. 2012 , Most of them who Currently Hold Public Office will be Gone...............

Voted out in favor of republican thugs that are just as corrupt.

The American populace is like a mongrel that is obsessed with chasing its own tail.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by KendraSins

You made a claim.

I asked for names.

You reply with rhetoric.

Still waiting on that list of dems that weren't ever with Obama.

*crickets*

Kucinich and Gravel?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

Thanks for a legitimate reply. I'll have to look them up.
Cheers

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

Voted out in favor of republican thugs that are just as corrupt.

Indeed, it's as if the collective memory resets once the election results are posted. It's the same in Canada. Party names mean nothing when both sides are bought and paid for by the same groups and follow the same polices.

I honestly think some people are clinging to their parties because of the name, and what it means for them, not what the party actually stands for.

Most of the complaints I hear about democrats would be fixed with someone like Ron Paul. Most of the complaints I hear about Republicans would be fixed with someone like Ron Paul.

I honestly wish Canadian politics could have someone like Paul in the running, we don't even have any viable third party candidates, well, not since Layton died at least.

P.S.

You guys are aware that the mods have been heavily enforcing the no political trolling policy right? Because there are so many posts that warrant an alert at this point, in this single thread, that it's alarming.

I'm not even gonna bother myself.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

reply to post by NadaCambia

Thanks for a legitimate reply. I'll have to look them up.
Cheers

They're basically the Dems answer to Ron Paul, I know Gravel was slamming Obama before he was elected. I'm certain Dennis K would have been doing the same but can't say 100%

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I don't know why Kendra is being flamed so hard. Is it because she's new to the website? Some sort of insult-initiation process? She just asked a question, and everybody's accusing her of being a troll for trying to have a discussion. That's not a very warm welcome to the website...

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

I don't know why Kendra is being flamed so hard. Is it because she's new to the website? Some sort of insult-initiation process? She just asked a question, and everybody's accusing her of being a troll for trying to have a discussion. That's not a very warm welcome to the website...

Well Pac, If Kendra wanted to talk about issues,she sure has a way of doing it............

Example:

Originally posted by KendraSins

So because lots of young people voted, all Democrats in office supported Obama?
Please explain that logic to me. How do you ascertain anything about who a politician supports by looking at young voter turnout?

Please enlighten me.

OPs title was and IS this.....

More Dems Jumping Off the Obama Bandwagon

Pretty broad stroke,but not 100%,or 50%,but just "Dems"...............

Kendras "assumptions",was just that,and yes,trying to draw me into her/his "version" of the discussion,when my post was obvious and straightforward about the ridiculous number of youth who supported Obama.

Nowhere in my original post was I talking about politicians,or Democrats in office supporting Obama. I was talking about voter turnout,and all the young people who voted for Obama.Coincidentally,I would like to think that many of those youth are now visiting OWS because "hope and change" didnt come as promised.MHO

Twisting words,for arguments sake isnt good discussion. Wanting "names" after three pages of discussion,when OP has already given those who are Jumping off Obama's bandwagon. Those that are voicing their displeasure.
edit on 25-11-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I would probably fall around the liberal end (hard to label really sort of a jack of all trades type) but have never considered myself Democrat. I did not support Obama in 2007 nor anytime after that. I saw the farce that it was. That year I voted Ron Paul (not sure if I would vote for him again) and I noticed as he was gaining traction on change, here comes Barrack over-night front runner Obama with a hope and change platform. Looked him up, noticed his vague voting record as a senator, saw that he attended the bilderberger meeting along with Hilary and knew the con game was being played. I honestly felt bad for all of the people that had their hopes crushed (after 8 long and hard years with GWB) that thought true change was in the works.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
One thing that I have noticed about Republicans/conservatives particularly is the ability to take "team mentality" us against them to the extreme. I freaking hate partisanship but at least the democrats are vocal at times against their own kind if they feel strongly against something. I can bet you have a much higher % of liberals/democrats that admit Obama is a failure (and some called it from the beginning) as opposed to the % of Republicans that admitted during GWB's term that he was a failure (2x). Completely and blindly following your party label or side and throwing out any possibility of seeing a candidate from another spectrum is beyond stubborn.
edit on 25-11-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

And Obama insisted he wouldn't seek contributions from the public if he got the nomination.
You cannot possibly be so gullible as to believe that a politician's denials about plans and agendas are to be taken as gospel.

Hillary would already be moving if she was going to challenge and she is not doing anything right now. Therefore it can be concluded she's not going to as she would have nowhere near the amount of time needed to raise funds at this point.

Besides
Hillary, I've seen a Russ Feingold/Eliz Warren ticket postulated, for starters.

I've seen a Voldemort/Cheney ticket too, at least that one is more realistic. neither name mentioned is a serious contender to Obama. You need money to run and I haven't seen either one out raising it. Warren is actually going to run for Senate. There is Dennis K., you have a better chance of being abducted by aliens than seeing him beat Obama, and there is Gavel, again he won't ever win. So who is there? No one. You can speculate all you want but at some point the reality is there to deal with-Obama will be the democratic nominee in 2012.

Most liberal members of ATS are unable to think or research for themselves, so they keep asking the opposition to tell them what is going on.

I didn't ask you to tell me what is going on. You took it upon yourself to tell me and considering your derision I'd just as well you'd never speak to me again. Poor thang, sorry to trouble you.

Pathetic.
You deserve what you got in the WH.

jw

Excuse me? You have no idea who I voted for let alone who I support. I simply made an observation on the speculation.

I'll tell you what will happen, if anything there will be a third party candidate to split the vote. It will be Romney V. Obama. That is all.
edit on 25-11-2011 by antonia because: forgot something

edit on 25-11-2011 by antonia because: rawr

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

" Voted out in favor of republican thugs that are just as corrupt."

You seem to be Unaware of Independent and Libetarian Candidtes running for Office . Many will get Elected for the first time in 2012 , all to the Chagrin of the Dems and the Repubs . The Political Climate is Changing in America , wake up and Smell the Coffee Friend.........

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit

" Voted out in favor of republican thugs that are just as corrupt."

You seem to be Unaware of Independent and Libetarian Candidtes running for Office . Many will get Elected for the first time in 2012 , all to the Chagrin of the Dems and the Repubs . The Political Climate is Changing in America , wake up and Smell the Coffee Friend.........

Agree,as an Independent........

LAKE JACKSON, Texas - In a new Public Policy Poll, 2012 Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul bests President Obama 48 to 39 percent among independent voters. The poll also showed Paul as the only Republican candidate leading President Obama among independents.

Ron Paul Leads Obama Among Independents, New Poll Shows

ORLANDO -- If anyone should worry President Barack Obama, it’s Marie Lane, a soft-spoken 27-year-old Walmart clerk with long brown hair and glasses. She voted for Obama in 2008, swept up by his exuberant promise to remake Washington, and the country. Now, unable to utilize her college degree, Lane is looking at Republicans. “If the economy can’t be stabilized, I won’t support him,” she said. “I want to. I like him.

Obama not swaying key independent voters

It will only get worse for Obama,as election time approaches.
edit on 25-11-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Sorry it took so long to get a list for you, today was our day for decorations/tree-trimming.

Here's a few I've seen mentioned in places like HuffPo, WaPo, Mother Jones, and others:

Hillary Rodham Clinton
Christopher Dodd
Mike Gravel
Wesley Clark
Dennis Kucinich
Tom Vilsack
Evan Bayh
Tim Kaine
Jim Webb
Al Gore
Tom Daschle
Mark Warner
Caroline Kennedy
Bill Richardson
Sarah Palin

Evan Bayh gave up a sure seat in the Senatr w/o explanation and Wesley Clark has the prior experience.

Not so sure about the last, but I heard Jonathan Chait or somebody on NPR one morning postulating tht if Palin switched parties and ran, she would create a terrible paradox in the election process. You'd have Independents and RINOs voting for Palin in a primary election, which would not necessarily bind them in the General.

There'd be little time for debates, if any, just a head-to-head with Obama at the polls.

If I come across more, I will supplement.

jw

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I think this is the beginning of the end of a two party system. What with the tea party and OWS it is evident that there are plenty of folks who have had enough of this antiquated system. A real revolution is needed for sure and it's happening gradually. It surely won't happen this election cycle but with technology so widespread, I can see it happening within my lifetime. Viable candidates with no party affiliation, running on their own merits. No more Us vs. Them. But it's really up to the people. If they want real change, they will have to educate themselves on the candidates and stop voting for their "team" straight down the line.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
reply to post by antonia

Sorry it took so long to get a list for you, today was our day for decorations/tree-trimming.

I didn't ask you for a list. You should talk to the person who asked you for the list.

Hillary Rodham Clinton

I already answered this, but let me say it again-She's not out raising money. If she was going to run she would be doing that right now otherwise she wouldn't have enough. It's way too late to enter that game right now.

Christopher Dodd

All sources say no, if he does run he is unlikely to win. His highest showing was sixth in the Iowa caucus in 2008.

Mike Gravel

Sure he'll run, but he won't win.

Wesley Clark

Nope, not happening although there is some talk of him for VP instead of Biden (long shot) or for Secretary of State since Clinton is leaving (more likely).

Dennis Kucinich

Again he'll run, but he won't win.

Tom Vilsack

The Secretary of Agriculture? He hasn't left his job nor has he discussed running for office.

Evan Bayh

www.politico.com...
Not running.

Tim Kaine

www.huffingtonpost.com...
Running for Senate

Jim Webb

Jim has said he won't commit to endorsing Obama in 2012, but he isn't saying that he won't. I do know he is retiring from the Senate however so perhaps he will try to mount a run, but then you'd see his PAC's already.

Al Gore

newhampshireprimary.blogspot.com...
Gore says he supports Obama and he should be renominated.

Tom Daschle

He says he supports Obama too, furthermore the man left amid scandal after failure to pay taxes. He couldn't win.

Mark Warner

He's on the list of people to replace Biden but he hasn't said he's running. All signs are that supports Obama.

Caroline Kennedy

Endorsing Obama.

Bill Richardson

This is the only person on the list besides Clinton who has a shot in hell. I doubt he's going to run though.
www.politico.com...

Sarah Palin

Is that some kind of joke? The Democrats are more likely to nominate Satan himself than that woman.

Again, I didn't ask you for names, you should go talk to the person who asked. Of all these names only two could even win. Face it, there is no action on the Democratic side. The GOP is where the fighting is at the moment, you are better off watching that one. It's gonna be Obama v. Romney with a third party candidate splitting the vote. I don't think it's going to be Nader this year. It might be a Tea Party candidate.
edit on 26-11-2011 by antonia because: opps

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

reply to post by jdub297

Nice thread!

It seems that the bloom has fallen off Obama's rose.

I also think that this further illustrates the lack of principles and values that politicans have today. That they are so willing to sacrifice one of their own for political expediency.

Caveat; this goes for both sides of the aisle!

Yes, NBC pushed Obama into the White House. Now Chris Matthews has joined the team to
pull him out.

It looks like Hillary Clinton will be drafted in January 2012. Her VP will probably be John Kerry.

Obama will be camping out on the golf course as a spectator.

------------
Of course, if the Dems pull Hillary Clinton out of their hat then the Republicans will have
to bring out their big gun. -- Gov. Sarah Palin --

Lets see the polling data on that match up.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hahachacha
And where are the dems going to go?

Who's bandwagon next?

There are no credible candidates.

Or maybe they want Hillary?

Is there some kind of rule that women in politics have to look absolutely bat crap crazy?

Clinton? Pelosi? Bachmann? Palin? good lord what a crew.

Apparently they do want Hills. I already saw people talking about it on Fox, they were discussing how it never happens that an incumbent rarely is asked to step down, but they did name a couple. I bet POTUS has not got the memo yet though as he's been campaigning like crazy. Maybe he's really trying to sell himself to the people because he knows the party is fed up.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Don't worry BO will not suffer. He made that 85 mil deal with the BP Oil stock. That is how politicians are bought and paid for. Maybe they had to do that because he was straying too far of the CFR plan and acting too radical. They need centrist types to fool the people.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms
One thing that I have noticed about Republicans/conservatives particularly is the ability to take "team mentality" us against them to the extreme. I freaking hate partisanship but at least the democrats are vocal at times against their own kind if they feel strongly against something. I can bet you have a much higher % of liberals/democrats that admit Obama is a failure (and some called it from the beginning) as opposed to the % of Republicans that admitted during GWB's term that he was a failure (2x). Completely and blindly following your party label or side and throwing out any possibility of seeing a candidate from another spectrum is beyond stubborn.
edit on 25-11-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

I told Bush campaigners I was mad at the Republicans over the PATRIOT ACT and the wars. So just because I didn't yell it from the rooftops for Chris Matthews to hear doesn't mean I was speechless. I would still take BUSH now over a Marxist though, and that would include Hillary.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join