It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*STOCK ALERT* *DOW DOWN 300 POINTS in 30 mins*

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

It was going down in the night session....not a surprise opening. It is likely a case of "sell the rumor- buy the fact" on the fact of the Congressional Super Committee Super Failure for this week.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
In 29 the crash happened before the Christmas, Chanukah, and all the others around this time, shopping holidays, that was before our indebtedness to other countries so I predict that 'if' something were to go down it would be after the biggest shopping days of the US people.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
They really are trying to milk the holidays... Thats just not going to work when so many people don't have jobs and now MOST people don't enough money to splurge.

Inflation has effected everything... Remember back in like 2000? You could get so many things for 30 bucks.

HAH! now that can't get ya half a tank and a bagel.
edit on 21-11-2011 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pharyax
What Washington needs to fear is the middle class losing their 401k.. If the middle class see it, and KNOW there is no hope and no future in retirement, it'll make the 'OWS' look like a Sunday prayer vigil....

It's like that old saying, you'll never have a revolution whilst you have a comfortable middle class.

I hope all these cushy families start to experience real poverty. Then you'll see that the illusion they've all been hiding behind is about to vanish and they'll be hit with a big dose of reality.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Oh no, looks like it is going back up.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I hope all these cushy families start to experience real poverty.

Wow...how nice of you.

I guess misery really does love company.

And BTW...doesn't look like the crash all of you were hoping for happened today. Oh well...there is always tomorrow for you guys to hope for diaster on millions of people...never lose hope guys that someday you can jump for joy that other people have lost money. Or...you could always just go about living your own life and stop worrying about others....just a thought.
edit on 21-11-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doublemint
Oh no, looks like it is going back up.

Yes ... too bad. Looks like alll those old people and all the retired people who depend on their investments will actually be eating enough food for another day and have money to pay their oil bills. It's a shame .... wouldn't the world be a better place if all the old people starved and all the middle class people lost everything they have worked hard for ... and wouldn't it be such a better place if the market crashed and everyone lost their earnings so their kids couldn't go to college?? . (sarcasm) :shk:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Our government has been crashing along with our markets for a long time, is just that they don't dare to tell the American people how bad things really are to avoid riots and chaos in the street, actually those elderly and the littler children already lost their retirement and their future.

We got nothing but promises that everything is fine.

Wake up america.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

Wall Street is run by delusional people.

I don't care if it crashes, the current economic model has already failed.
The majority of people are just in denial about it.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

i dont think it is so much denial,certainly for some..but more a selfish self existance....the quotes are everywhere...."we worked hard to get here why should we give it away" ..."its not my fault their poor,they should have tried harder"...i could go on but what the point...some people are just so deluded by their material possesions

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Well, it looks like the stock market did not crash and the world did not end today.
Maybe tomorrow will be a better day!
Truthfully folks as long as you have made some provisions, and your priorities are straight it wont matter if the market crashes.
Sure there will be some idiot running willy nilly in the streets but markets have crashed before and humans still exist.
Yep, tomorrow will be a good day!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
Well, it looks like the stock market did not crash and the world did not end today.:

Yes things are ok and it once again proves some people are so easily freaked out because the
news posts something that sells airtime and ads..
Get a clue sheeple

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
You can pay now or pay later. The Republicans don't want any more taxes. The U.S. is probably going to get it's credit rating downgraded if there are no new revenues coming in. You can't have your cake and it eat it too. So like I say, pay now or pay later. If we could show the ratings agencies that we're serious about debt reduction, but we're not, so the stock market takes a hit. We need more tax revenue coming in. Probably going to get downgraded again.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
My 401k has been taking a beating. Not sure the rope a dope strategy is working anymore.

A lot of people don't know this, but most if not all 401k plans have a "fund" that is actually a savings account. They do their best to confuse you and hide it. You have to look at the fund details. Sure, you won't make imaginary money, but you won't have to watch your savings slowly evaporate.

You can move whatever you have there if you feel you will keep losing. I don't know what your situation is, and I do not intend to insult your intelligence by any means. Just trying to help.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I think the failure of the super committee and poor black Friday sales will cause a major crash in the coming weeks. I am thinking of getting completely out. Its hard to lock in all the losses to date, but I think future losses will be worse.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Credit rating agency Standard & Poor's says it will not downgrade the U.S. government's credit rating because a Congressional committee failed to come up with a plan to trim deficits by at least $1.2 trillion .

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
*UPDATE*

Markets have opened today on downward trend with 80 point losses to dow jones in the first 30 minutes of trade.

Im surprised it didn't take a worse hit from the congressional debt debate failure....

*update again*

two minutes after this was posted it lost another 20 points, as off 11 am est dow is down 80 points
edit on 22-11-2011 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The whole dedt comittee thing was a scam it's not going to kick in till Obummers gone anyway. Took time away from real issues

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
"I sit and ponder what it would take for one to dive out the window, like they did in 29, 11555 now would it be 955 tomorrow?, If so would you dive out the window? just before you hit 1095 is announced, it made a bounce, but you did not, sheepole do not bounce" ok a bit of off the wall contemporary poetry, in other words if you think it is bad it is not the end when things are down they do go up

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
edit on 22-11-2011 by truthinfact because: oops

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join