It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*STOCK ALERT* *DOW DOWN 300 POINTS in 30 mins*

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by satron
It's ok, its just poorer people selling. Tomorrow, the rich will buy back those stocks at a discount and the market will be all better again!

EDIT: who knows? It might even be fixed by the end of the day.
edit on 21-11-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

Kind of like a money pump - you can almost hear the sucking sound.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

ha i don't owe stocks, for your info this is done by their own greediness, half of the world don't own stocks, so who is crating this, again rich greedy people.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Noo!!! A 12,000 pt drop!!!... -11,352! orr INFINITY eveeennnn (using huckleberry hounds voice)

For our younger ATS members, no huckleberry hound IS NOT a new smart phone
hahahahaha god I kill me

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by revswirl

I still think it's wrong.

Humans seem stuck on either killing their enemy or collapsing it.

They seem unable to change their enemy through other means.

YES, I am a human! But I am feel ashamed.

Republicans let democrats fail or sabotage them. Democrats do the same thing. They hate each other. They both feed off of each others defeats with delight. In so doing, they effectively kill our country. We ALL do this individually. You're doing it right now. You want your country to be defeated because you disagree with it. You're no better than those people in congress right now who're letting their partisanship and anger cloud their judgment.
edit on 21-11-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by newkid

ha i don't owe stocks, for your info this is done by their own greediness, half of the world don't own stocks, so who is crating this, again rich greedy people.

Not all are 'greedy' bro... MANY middle class folks that have a good job have a 401k (Retirement plan), and the company will match what you put away, but depending on what they put stock in, the 401k can increase in money every quarter or decrease... after 9|11, through 2003, we lost $500+ dollars alone... doesn't sound like much, but its not increasing much lately... if it does crash, we lose out on our investments...

The Greedy people DO control the markets though.. don't ye doubt!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Shhhhhhh........TMBW.....everything it's OK....I don't see a cat chase a mouse!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Could all these massive shifts of stocks over the last few years really just be transfer of wealth from one generational elite to the next?

Would it surprise anyone that tomorrow the Dow goes up 300 points... or even more.

I've been wondering lately how the 20th century's mogul monies (Rockefeller, Carnegie, Morgan, Warburton, etc.) would be transferred to the 21st century's mogul's (Gates, Job's Estate, Zuckerburg, Beezo, etc). What if the Internet Barons were to get together and create a new banking system to operate under in our Information Age.

Perhaps that's all this large drop was today. In fact, I just noticed we're moving back up already... to be con't...

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
Shhhhhhh........TMBW.....everything it's OK....I don't see a cat chase a mouse!

Na.. but the Wall Street Bull is [snip] us all...

edit on 11/21/2011 by Pharyax because: (no reason given)

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

edit on 21/11/11 by argentus because: snipped profanity

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Oh boy the same old it down it up it down , the bottom is gonna fall out, yea well it must go below 10,000 form a high of 11,750 or above for it to do real loss damage for it is going back up www.marketwatch.com... but then its dow dow down again

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by truthinfact
Today may be the day people...

Ditto ... the day for what?

I certainly hope there aren't folks that hope for a crash.
That'd mean a lot of VERY hungry people out there.
... Old folks who depend on their investments in order to survive.
.... Middle class America who has invested in order to have $$ to survive in retirement years.
.... Business that depend on investments - business that keep America employed.

These very hungry people better be reaching out to those around them for help.

The kingdom of Mammon is in ruin. Get your # together and rekindle your relationships with your fellow man so you do not have to depend on the illusion of wealth.

All were warned NOT to store their treasures in this world!

All were warned these days would come.

All were warned to be ever watchful.

All were warned.

Those who wish to save their lives, will lose them.

With Love,

Your Brother

Final Warning

Can ya'll hear me now?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

If the stock market collapsed, there would be some initial pain, but the long term aspects afterwards would be better for all involved.

Humans have been on the earth millions of years and we have survived and gotten on just fine without Wall Street before.

Wall Street needs Main Street to survive and not the other way around, and they have forgotten that.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Americas market are an illusion since they became electronic, manipulation at its finest, if the markets are going down right now is because the real numbers are worst that shown.

It only takes a couple of clicks in the electronic boards to fix the problems and everything is back to happy numbers.

Liquidity in the markets are none existence.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
Oh boy the same old it down it up it down , the bottom is gonna fall out, yea well it must go below 10,000 form a high of 11,750 or above for it to do real loss damage for it is going back up www.marketwatch.com... but then its dow dow down again

Thanx for the link. We can watch the action live now. The page also gave me a thought. Anyone remember the Congressional Insider Trading thing from a week or so ago? Maybe we can watch which stocks rise and fall to determine some of the behind-closed-door meetings that Congress is having. Energy stocks are tanking... does that mean Israel is about to bomb Iran... maybe more clues are hidden...

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

www.usatoday.com...

we are going down,nothing is working, losses everywhere

just imagine that the economy is big heart and arteries is money and blood are humans. now what happens to the heart if you block all arteries , total collapse of the heart . the end

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Is two news right now that have some influences on the Markets,

The supercommitee no been able to come to terms on how to tackle the national debt, as Republicans contract of not raising taxes, and the JPMorgan, Goldman Sachs Sued for Alleged MF Global Misstatements, the lost money is not the 600 millions been talk about but more of 1.6 billion I believe.

This will make the markets edgy, plus the mess in Spain, Italy and Greece still growing.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
may continue to crash, but as I recall, due to the stop loss mechanisms and automatic shut downs that occur, it would take over a week for the stock market to fully crash... this being Thanksgiving week, it just won't happen. I predict the worst will be just above 10K... we won't go under 10K unless the EU breaks apart in a major manner or we have catastrophic lack of retail sales on Friday.. (which given reports of people already camping outside of stores, I don't see that happening)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Would a stock market crash to zero really hurt most multi-millionaires? They don't normally put all of their eggs in one basket (i.e. the stock market). They have millions invested in real estate, offshore accounts, cds, and other investment vehicles. I doubt they would even flinch. The people it would hurt would be the older middle class who rely upon their years of investment for retirement and cannot work for another 20 years to support themselves.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Well now it looks like the Market just had a very bad day... It can't keep posting losses like it has been the last 3 or 4 business days.

Basically people we are just stuck. Some things have got to happen one way or the other..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join