It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*STOCK ALERT* *DOW DOWN 300 POINTS in 30 mins*

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
hmmmm.....I smell war....!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

I smell Warren Buffett manipulating the stock market again.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I smell $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

and more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Well it all smells like bull schieße to me.

I think if it starts to get close to 400 point losses the Fed will have no choice but to close the market early.. 500-600 point losses in a market like this could really be fatal..

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Yes but to be truth they must double this with other events,and they will...you will see!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
More like the market anticipating that the Debt Super Committe has come up with squat.

Let's not jump to conclusions here folks, there have been way bigger jumps and falls of the DOW in shorter ammounts of time when big news is expected.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Half of people in congress are millonaires.

How about getting some more people in there that're more like average people.

But then again I know that's asking too much. If 1% own up to 40% of wealth and 20% own up to 85% and 40% own up to 95% then this would mean that, if there were 100 people in congress, 1 person would rule 40 seats, 19 would rule 45 seats, 20 would rule 10 seats, 60 would rule 5 seats. Is this what our representative government actually is representing?

If I got my numbers right, there're 8 million millionaires in the US. There're about 307,000,000 people. That's 2.6% of the population. Yet about 50% of congressmen are millionaires?

Does that sound right?

Without jobs for lower income, especially students, how will they pay for school? With most of the lower income jobs being offshored to other countries, lower-income workers in the US are empty-handed. I don't think the service sector can supply enough jobs for them since there're so many. Besides, service sector can also hire somebody from India who'll work for a smaller wage and the company can get reduced taxes. The end result of all this is either the US limits its dealings with other countries or the US lowers its taxes and lowers its wages to compete with other countries or it figures out how to get everyone a college education so they're not lower-income.
edit on 21-11-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I stopped paying attention the the Dow as an economic indicator once News Corp bought em out a few years ago: www.bloomberg.com...

See, News Corp now owns Wall Street Journal. Their editorial board is the group who assigns the 30 companies to the Dow Jones Industrial Average... that thing that just dropped 300 points. Only those 30 companies make up that magical number at the bottom right of the MSM's TV screen. Now, just for fun look here at who those 30 companies are: en.wikipedia.org...

After that, see how many are Council on Foreign Relations corporate members:
www.cfr.org...

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to put those dots together. CFR and the FED and Int'l Bankers have been running this show for the last 100 years. Their pyramid scheme is about to crash out and I'm not sure anything can be done about it. Let's just watch and when it's over we'll build a new civilization in the forest where we can live on squirrel meat and wild berries

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact
This isn't even Obamas fault. .

Actually ... he's to blame just as much as the rest. He's supposed to be leading and making deals, not passing this off on to 12 people in DC and then running off to go golfing. The committee was a bad idea. Obama's lack of leadership and lack of ability to get things done that need doing are a big part of the problem of it being a bad idea.

Originally posted by Pharyax
I hope it crashes to ZERO....

So you've got enough money to be able to feed all the seniors in this country who won't even have enough money to buy a loaf of bread when it crashes? All those people who have worked so hard .. been frugal and saved for retirement ... you want them wiped out and dirt poor .... glad to know you can support them all.

Originally posted by SunnyDee
I would think this is due to the "super committee" not being able to come to an agreement of reducing deficits.

Exactly.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
What Washington needs to fear is the middle class losing their 401k.. If the middle class see it, and KNOW there is no hope and no future in retirement, it'll make the 'OWS' look like a Sunday prayer vigil....

Then again, the stock markets get spooked when a poor colored Blue Jay flies over Wall Street... or if the Humidity isn't what it should be.. lol.. or someone's gas smells really bad... I could go on...

edit on 11/21/2011 by Pharyax because: (no reason given)

link   
great opp to get long good stocks here as folks like this site has...panic

link   
reply to post by revswirl

Yes, That is what I said. look at Warren Buffett's stock portfolio 2011. he owns the top 30.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

What Washington needs to fear is the middle class losing their 401k.. If they see it, and KNOW there is no hope and no future in retirement, it'll make the 'OWS' look like a Sunday prayer vigil....

Then again, the stock markets get spooked when a poor colored Blue Jay flies over Wall Street... or if the Humidity isn't what it should be.. lol.. or someone's gas smells really bad... I could go on...
Yes but 404 not found!!!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
It will double before the end of the day

i predict a 600 pts drop

and before the week finish

TWO THOUSAND PTS DROP

investor are realising that washington are REALLY out of mind

Have they gone nuts in Washington?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I hope it crashes to ZERO....

So you've got enough money to be able to feed all the seniors in this country who won't even have enough money to buy a loaf of bread when it crashes? All those people who have worked so hard .. been frugal and saved for retirement ... you want them wiped out and dirt poor .... glad to know you can support them all.

Of course I don't. I'd be there with them... soon..
.. Just so sick of Washington dicking around with OUR future... Both are guilty.. I just don't see them "getting that" any time soon...

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

i predict a 600 pts drop

TWO THOUSAND PTS DROP

WOW why not 12000 will be minus ....how much...the world?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

You're a sick person if you wnat to see it all crash. I do not.

This is equivalent to stopping ALL oil/gas contracts and shutting down anybody who emits CO2 all in the name of combating AGW. You realize how many people would be hurting if we did that? Our economy is running on CO2 emissions right now and CANNOT stop on a dime.

We can't make abrupt changes, no matter how much we want to see our enemies hurt. Because when we do, it inevitably hurts EVERYONE. We cannot let vengeance rule our minds. I can see doing this in a existential scenario where there's no doubt, but otherwise, it's futile (to me). This is why I do not agree with the pre-emptive doctrine of the bush years and which is touted even in military circles. This is the same thought pattern we can see in avid environmentalists and activist groups that're willing to take extreme chances because of what MIGHT happen.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkipperJohn

Yes, That is what I said. look at Warren Buffett's stock portfolio 2011. he owns the top 30.

Warren has one 20 sided and 10 sided dice.. rolls them and which ever number it hits, he plays with for that hour... I can see him giggling on the top floor of his suite.. laying on the ground, and playing DnD.. lol.. sad old man he is... Bet he owns all to good old MtG cards too....

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite

You're a sick person if you wnat to see it all crash. I do not.

This is equivalent to stopping ALL oil/gas contracts and shutting down anybody who emits CO2 all in the name of combating AGW. You realize how many people would be hurting if we did that? Our economy is running on CO2 emissions right now and CANNOT stop on a dime.

We can't make abrupt changes, no matter how much we want to see our enemies hurt. Because when we do, it inevitably hurts EVERYONE. We cannot let vengeance rule our minds.

Actually, jonnywhite, I wanted to see it crash back in 2008. I was against the bailout because I foresaw (and I guess was right) that Washington's bailout was really just a payback for all those nice contributions over the years.

If it had crashed out back then, maybe some new, innovative companies would have emerged. But they didn't, because the gov't allowed failing and failed companies to survive. What if Congress had subsidized the horse and carriage industry when the automobile came out? How would that have been progress?

I don't want to see anyone starve. I want to see the ugly Lego ship taken apart, analyzed, and rebuilt in a way where the economic playing field is under a set of rules where anyone can go from nothing to top of the world.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith

Originally posted by Ben81

i predict a 600 pts drop

TWO THOUSAND PTS DROP

WOW why not 12000 will be minus ....how much...the world?

Noo!!! A 12,000 pt drop!!!... -11,352! orr INFINITY eveeennnn (using huckleberry hounds voice)

Oops... meant Snagglepuss I think.. If I remember right...
edit on 11/21/2011 by Pharyax because: correction!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join