It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*STOCK ALERT* *DOW DOWN 300 POINTS in 30 mins*

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
11/21/11 stock alert the Dow is down 300 points in first 30 minutes of open

Today may be the day people...

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Is it not certain that they will rally in order to keep those Christmas shoppers moving to the stores and malls over the next 4 weeks?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
My 401k has been taking a beating. Not sure the rope a dope strategy is working anymore.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

Prediction: Major manipulation to occur. Down -100 by end of day and rebounds tomorrow on some useless piece of news that has nothing to do with the true value of stocks.

Same ole' same ole'....

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

The day for what?

I'm really not sure what event we are supposed to be waiting for.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
It's ok, its just poorer people selling. Tomorrow, the rich will buy back those stocks at a discount and the market will be all better again!

EDIT: who knows? It might even be fixed by the end of the day.
edit on 21-11-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
were down 4 days in a row and thats with manipulation.

and Today may be the day that 50 years of printing unlimited moneys catches up to us.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact

Ditto ... the day for what?

I certainly hope there aren't folks that hope for a crash.
That'd mean a lot of VERY hungry people out there.
... Old folks who depend on their investments in order to survive.
.... Middle class America who has invested in order to have $$ to survive in retirement years.
.... Business that depend on investments - business that keep America employed.
etc etc etc

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I would think this is due to the "super committee" not being able to come to an agreement of reducing deficits.

Such a game! I would have to think something will save the day. I agree with the the earlier comment that they will probably figure out a way to save Christmas. The new year will be very ugly though.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The day all the politicians make a bunch of money and so will I. The debt comission failed as expected. They are blaming each other as expected and they are trying to find a way to go around the rules as expected . I won the bet and played it perfectly. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
If Congress passes a Bill annexing Mexico into the United States....all their debt problems go away.

Since 2005 +23 million illegals have gotten mortgages, since 2000...they've gotten new auto loans in America....and fled south of the border with Mega Trillions as they bought and sold homes between themselves then fled with the money....and brand new trucks and SUV's they never paid for.

Go git our money back Congress.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You're right. A crash would hurt a lot of people.

Anybody secretly hoping for it are no better than somebody who hopes for any kind of disaster.

Having poor people anywhere on this planet, one way or another, comes full circle and impacts everyone. If you pull the rug from under the fabric of our society, there'll be a world of hurt everywhere. This is on top of the hurt that's already there - which is almost unbearable. This is no different than the envrionmentalists who want to shut down the oil cartel. Doing that would cripple our economy and cause a lot of suffering. Rapid change is ... an explosion.

If you hope for change then hope for change that's a smooth transition.

With the least loss of life.

We can choose not to be Rome. We can also choose not to crash like Rome did.
edit on 21-11-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

link   
Now now, simmer down... The market is nervous because of the "Super Committee" not being so super. It wont stb till march or so. X-mas will carry the illusion for a bit but then kersplat.
edit on 21-11-2011 by BlastedCaddy because: dunno

link   
I know right...

How dare these politicians disrespect us and our country!
WHAT they couldn't "reach a deal"?!?
They had like 4 months! Ridiculous.

They should be fired. This isn't even Obamas fault. THIS is just POLITICS. Bi-Partisin bullscieße

We don't need a politician we need A LEADER.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I hope it crashes to ZERO.... enough of this messing around --- BOTH parties have failed the American people in a dire way... If they cannot agree on something this urgent, what the hell CAN they actually accomplish anymore? It's incredibly sad... Go to zero DJI... and the world will point at both the dems and the repubs..

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
As others have posted, the latest mind [snip] for investors is occurring vis-a-vis the "Super Committee". It's just a game to get the more panicky investors to sell out cheaply. Oh heavens, whatever will we do? The Super Committee is deadlocked! The end is nigh!!

Probably in the pre-market hours before tomorrow's open, many stocks will be picked up at bargain prices by the big money players, and there'll be some excuse as to why the market is soaring. The very unconstitutional Super Screw-ups will have saved the day.

More of the same roller coaster ride that is not for the faint of heart.

Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

edit on 21/11/11 by argentus because: snipped profanity/censor circumvention

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Stocks are in Free Fall

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I just now put CNBC on, and this guy on there was whining about "the fascist right" (in Europe) being a big force "at a time of great stress". Oh boohoo, maybe no globlism for the international banksters?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Uh oh.. is anybody else watching a Market Graph right now>??????? here is google finance..

www.google.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join