It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skyrim - Bugged Quests!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeSpeaker

It is a shame but from a consumer point of view it is a win, win scenario.

Any game that I wish to play, I now wait at least 3 - 4 months before I purchase it.

Patches are always refined enough for a game at that stage and the price is always right.

If there is a game that makes me feel like this (extremely rare)...

Blockbuster rental.

edit on 18-11-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by sixswornsermon

Bethesda has killed 2 360s on me so far. I had an original launch 360... Oblivion RROD'd that at about 2 years old. M$ sent the coffin, 6 weeks later, rebuild arrived. Fallout 3 killed that one. Started getting horrible game freezes for a few days, then gor rge dreaded dirty disk error. Sent that back, got the rebuild. (That one died at the hands of my tech savvy preschoolers who tried to watch Monsters Inc. Nobody realized the damn thing was turned on when we left for the day. Came back late that night, heard the fan running hard, and knew right away that it was screwed.) I had it with sending crap to M$, so I now have an elite unit with the cooling system and usually play off hard drive installs.

Speaking of which, anybody with a 360 DO NOT INSTALL SKYRIM TO THE HDD AT THIS TIME! Most of the XBOX graphical glitches are being seen from installed games, not play from disk versions. Supposedly Bethesda is working on fixing that.

My only glitch, after about 40 hours game time is one incident of falling through the ground and about a dozen of those wonderfull "I can't climb out of this rocky crevice, and the ground I am on is too steep for the game to let me jump" spots which are the scourge of Bethesda game explorers like me who want to see the limits of the game world and try to do dumb stuff like figure out how to rock climb up to the top of a mountain. Nothing fast travel won't cure, thankfully.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I have managed to complete the Forsworn Conspiracy by doing the quest early in the morning. Later mid afternoon a NPC appears at the shrine were the quest is given this it seems is the glitch. So if you had the same problem, there's your answer.

Game on!!!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Bad, bad luck indeed.

According to a tech I talked to, the RROD is usually caused by the GPU heat sink pulling away from the chip due to warpage of the chip from heat. This makes sense if you take into account the lackluster cooling in the stock iteration of the 360.

Weird how F# had such a problem on both our 360s. I just assumed that it was excessive DVD -ROm access during loads when it first started happening.

I had the "cannot read disc" error with F3 also. I assumed it was the disk, bought another copy, and still had the problem! Only thing that fixed it was to uninstall/reinstall the game from the hard drive.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by sixswornsermon

Bad, bad luck indeed.

According to a tech I talked to, the RROD is usually caused by the GPU heat sink pulling away from the chip due to warpage of the chip from heat. This makes sense if you take into account the lackluster cooling in the stock iteration of the 360.

Weird how F# had such a problem on both our 360s. I just assumed that it was excessive DVD -ROm access during loads when it first started happening.

I had the "cannot read disc" error with F3 also. I assumed it was the disk, bought another copy, and still had the problem! Only thing that fixed it was to uninstall/reinstall the game from the hard drive.

I have a friend who fixes this by using some pennies as a way to press down on the heatsink. Don't ask me exactly how he does it but it does works and for 4 cents! LOL

It is only a temporary fix but will keep the box alive for a while longer.

I have abandoned consoles becuase of the RROD. I will forever now be pc based soley. Its superior in every way but price and that difference I can deal with to have true quality. The only thing I will miss will be playing with my friends who only have consoles.
edit on 21-11-2011 by FreeSpeaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Where there is a will, there is a way!

I wish I had a PC with a good GPU. I bet the graphics are amazing in Skyrim!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sixswornsermon

There sure is but its too bad we need the will to fix xbox's. It would be nicer if they lasted a little longer.

In reality a good gaming pc doesn't cost that much. Any of the cheapest hardware out there performs better than either console. There is no need for the best of the best becuase most games don't even use the full power of high end GPU's. I have dual GTX 580 3GBddr and they run a 40% max playing Skyrim becuase the game is a Xbox port and uses the CPU to make up for the box'x old GPU. You may of heard there are shadow problems with the game and thats because video cards are meant to do the shadows but they programmed the CPU to do it, hence the poor shadows in the game.

It does look great but for those of us with killer rigs we can only shake our heads and wish for a pc only version that actually uses the $1400 worth of GPU power some of us have assembled.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
blood and ice wont start for me either also the final jarl quest for riften is bugged i am unable to complete it even though i have fulfill all the requirements for it so cant buy house in riften either.s for forsworn conspiracy i managed to complete that one with no trouble. the most annoying thing ive found on the gameis when you kill a dragon and dont absorb its soul and that it lags more then an online game with bad connection does haha.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Haven't been plugged in to gaming much over the past few days, but my son did find a weird glitch in the river by one of the towns.

The water texture would disappear, and swimming animations would cease, but you were still holding your breath.

Kinda odd!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
i have had a few quests that i cannot complete, speak to greta about the temple of divines is one, i spoke to her and got the amulet from her dead brother and it finished the quest, but then later it reappeared in my journal and it says to speak to greta again, but there is no option to speak any ferther with her.

i have had a few mission complete and then add themselves back into the journal, it makes it a pain to keep track of what i have done and have not done yet.

there was another mission for the mages college, the joining mission, half way through the tour a dragon attacked whilst outside and the npc who was giving the tour started to attack the dragon, so i killed it, but the mission became stuck at that part she would not continue the tour and the white arrow showing the next step was still above her head.

however this did correct itself once i located the next step after being given the tour, once i got to where the next step after the tour was it instantly updated the next part even though there was no arrow at the location of the next step.

this occured on another mission, it was bugged but sorted itself out once i found the next step (which can be difficult if it is not giving you the location). so some quest bugs are worth checking online for the mission walkthroughs so you can find the next step and then see if going to the next step works.
edit on 29-11-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Due to the immense size and complexity of this game do you feel there is a 100% fool proof way to QC this program? Not to mention the multitude of platform this software performs on? I say the game is pretty damn good, flaws included.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Doom and Gloom

Agreed. I'm actually finding the bugs rather funny.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Well after my first playthrough here are the biggest problems I ended up with.

Cannot buy the house in Windhelm. The Fire on Ice quest will not start.

Cannot get married. The corpse of the idiot I sacrificed to Boethia shows up at my wedding and ruins it all.

I have a inventory full of completed quest items that cannot be removed even though the quests are complete.

Horses are a hinderence and I killed the last one myself in a fit of frustration. Horses should not attack everything in sight.

Someone dropped the ball on alchemy. I tested to see just how many potions one must make to get to 100 alchemy and its over 4500. That is not realistic and needs adjusting.

That damn force shout in latter levels has Drueger Lords blowing you off mountain tops. Not cool!

I also cannot get the achievment for having a bounty of 1000 in all 9 holds.

That is all.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I came across this anagram for the Skyrim cover today and remembered this post.
www.wired.com...

Seriously what are the odds.

Here's the entire story: www.wired.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Have not come across any bugged unfinishable quests yet, and the bugs I have come across are few really..I seem to get a lot of this bug, once you kill a creature anything from the regular thugs, to even dragons, there body disappears before you get a chance to see what they have on them.

And I also got once a weird glitch were in the middle of a battle my freaking sword just disappeared, and i was stuck with my first or magic only.

Other then that and a few others and the slow down you get once in a while, I have not really experienced any game killing glitches...Oh and I have turned off my PS3 online connection so I don't get the update question, i am still playing the game without any updates.

If anything the updates till they get it finalized always fix one problem but make others, so it might be best to just play in its original version till they get it finalized.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I was one of the lucky guys who's X box 360 broke right on the dot after the date expired on sending it to microsoft to get it fixed for free. So I messed with it till it worked, and eventually I got the black screen of death.

I opened my X box up when it RROD on me, and messed around with the heat sink till it started working again...But then eventually some months latter it RROD on me again, so I just did the towel trick were you overheat the heatsink so it stick back down to the chip.

And after it worked again, then my freaking cd drive would not spin and it would not read the disk...So I opened it up, and found out that the thing is so cheep, it literally cost them like 1 dollar or something for production. And to get a new drive it would of cost me like 20$ to over 50$ or something, then when I looked at it I seen that the top was about a millimeter off, so when you stick the CD in, it pushes it to the top to catch the plastic rotator cup thing...And it would not go up all the way so it would not spin because it had no pressure on it from the top....So I just banged that # down a little then it worked.

After than my freaking lazer reader broke for some reason, so I switched it with one I got from a friends RROD X box....And then when it finanly died was months after that, one day out of the blue I got a black screen with an error....I forgot what the error number was, but basically it was something either in the software, or more cheep harware problems.

Thats when i said # it, and got a PS3, the X box 360 is still sitting in my closet in pieces.

I am not sure if Microsoft put some virus or something in there to make it brake, but i would not put it past them.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join