It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your children will work each and every day until they die.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
in a weakening economy with a growing amount of total money being collected in the hands of a few the next step would probably be to squeeze more out of all able-bodied citizens. citizens can be worth more if they work more or if they move up the ladder but people can't be allowed to move up now can they?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I'm 51 and work everyday. By working I mean being productive, active and earning or attaining something.
E.G.: knowledge, understanding, love, apprieciation or more earthly things like money, security, or things I want (I 'm always looking for Polaroid cameras, film and other neat old things. To play with and then sell.)
I've always been fully employed with something going one the side. At this point, when I retire from my 33yrs on the job, it looks like my on the side gig will become full time. I can't wait! 2 years 11 months 1 week and 4 days! (not that I'm counting)
I'm in a high risk profession. Retirement elegibility is 20 year or 55 which ever comes first. I'm sticking around a bit longer though. My choice

Not to work is the epitomy of non productivity and leads to decline, entrophy, atrophy, apathy, lack of zest for life, depression, resentment, death.
I don't see this gloomy future for my college student children (Got 2@FSU) myself or anyone else who looks to the future, plans their lives and lives their loves and passions.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow.
If you aren't you're not living right.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by gort51

The problem is that everyone wants to live like a plantation owner. People talk about how bad slavery was, but in truth maybe they are jealous.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
The conditioning of our race to seek the same paths that have lead us to destruction is laughable. The majority of the jobs that sustained us over the last 50 100 years are gone, through our own ingenuity and creativity, we have replaced them with computers and machines etc. Infinite growth capitalism is finished and it is not returning.

We dont have to accept the these ideolgy's anymore, mainly because they have become redundant and we are ready to take new steps together. Are we ready..... maybe, maybe not, but that wont stop our future as a race continuing full speed ahead.

A new age for us beckons and its on a knife edge which path it will flow. Either into the hands of those who seek unquestioned dictatorial control, or into a state of enlightenment and equality for all.

Not an uninteresting time to exist. Will our children work each day until their overworked hearts surrender to needs of society, I f**king hope not

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
That is a given in this hell hole we call Earth. The difference is whether they work for themselves or for someone else. As another poster tried to say, If can make your hobby into your profession then you will never work a day in your life.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by HillbillyHippie1

Well said that man, many more are finally starting to see this. This system needs to be killed and the sooner the better, we just need to think of something to replace it. For me lets do away with money this is the best example of a system that is used to make people feel that they are superior to other human beings because they can buy more crap or live in a bigger house. Clearly we need some new goals and morals to live by, money is about done unless you are a banker or enjoy being enslaved along with your children and childrens children. This system works this way because it was designed to keep the rich rich and the poor just that.

Now they want even more of the pie, but hey i am preachinug to the converted lol.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
yep,the perfect slavery is to work as long as you live and to live as long as you work.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Since the Average Lifespan is 76 and recently declining, I think working until one is 80 is probably not a very good goal!

I personally plan to retire at 55 or so, whether I can afford to or not, LOL! I might still work, I will probably do some kind of work until I die, but it won't be the typical daily grind. I'll put in 30 or so years in the rat race, but then I'm outta that and on to something less stressful and more rewarding. Once my kids are grown, I don't care if I can pay my bills or not, I'm living for me.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I remember seeing the 53% movement and thought to myself how it seems that most of those people are proud of their suffering and are literally gluttons for punishment. They are bragging about their struggles and the pain that they are being put through and are literally justifying their plight while worshiping at the alter of the American Dream. I guess they feel it somehow makes it right.

It really is unsettling, almost a form of Stockholm syndrome, to be held hostage but to cling to their captors while holding onto a false reality, a status-quo, a dream that will never come for most, regardless of how hard they work. To be disillusioned enough to defend the ones that are using and abusing you, that are destroying any future, all for the hope of someday profiting from a system that will eventually throw you, and your children away. To promote a system of generational slavery as a way to justify your current suffering, to make sense of it, to deal with it.

I personally know many that had the exact mentality that those in the 53% movement had. They worked hard, went to school, DID EVERYTHING RIGHT, and now they have been thrown away like trash by their corporate masters. They have lost everything and are unable now to provide for themselves or their families. Struggling to survive, their health deteriorating, and their future gone. By getting to this point, their eyes have been opened and they now know there is only an American Illusion, meant to enslave and pacify the masses while neutering the people of their power.

The Utopia that is constantly made fun of and attacked is possible with the technology of a decade ago. But the primal greed deep within the very soul of man is too strong, and will not allow a world free of pain, suffering, inequality, and intolerance. Instead, trading a world of prosperity, creativity, and love for one of personal wealth at the expense and suffering of a great multitude of others.

Sadly, the cost of the current path of our greed will ultimately lead to self destruction, as the excesses continue up until the final breath is exhaled from the last human in the universe.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Always used to be that you started work when your were 4 or 5 and stopped working when too ill or inform to do so any longer.

Nowadays we spend most of our lives watching TV. People even get given money if they don't work at all! (and in Britain what they get is often more than those of us who work 6 days a week - with no paid holiday - earn).

It's an easy life

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
80 may be the new 65 as far as retirement age, but health wise, 55 is the new 85.
The cancers I see in people in their 50s and 60s is what I use to see in 80-90 years old, and only SOME of those at that age. I hear about more people dying of cancer way before reaching the age of 80.

It's a joke on us, they tell us life spans are getting higher, but they aren't if you are following current trends and projected near future statistics due to increases in illnesses and lack of decent cures which are being suppressed for profits.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
The real question is....Have you worked closely with anyone that old? I personally work on a busy hospital floor. I can barely make it some days. I think the oldest nurse we have is in her 50s and she is having a hard time keeping up......I cant even imagine working my same field in my 60s, besides I foresee that people will not continue to live to ripe old ages anymore....That's my prediction.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Actually a Doc told me if you make it past 60 with no significant health problems, then you will probably make it to 80 or 90 pretty easily.

It seems a dividing line is developing where people either develop significant problems in their early to mid 50's, or they don't and they live a very long time.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric

I was hoping that in the future that no one would be required to work anymore,

That is super-lame. Who do you think is going to do things for you? Even if we had a bunch of robots to do our work, who is going to make the robots? Maybe they make themselves? How childish and ridiculous. I can't believe you actually think it is POSSIBLE that people would not have to work.

This is why our country is in trouble. Somehow we have completely failed our children by telling them how "special" they are. Guess what? Everyone is unique, but no one is "special". We ALL have to work. We should expect to work all of our lives.

I am going to start emphasizing to my children how GOOD it feels to work hard. Hopefully they won't turn out to be pathetic whiners.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Actually a Doc told me if you make it past 60 with no significant health problems, then you will probably make it to 80 or 90 pretty easily.

I think I could make it to 80 if I didn't have to work, but it's my job that's going to put me in an early grave, LOL!
I'm a little surprised I made it this far (50's)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Wow.
The replies in this thread are just depressing and sad. You can actually se people who truly have been brainwashed into being slaves to the machine. A machine that chews them up and spits them out. It's really incredibly sad and just reinforces the fact that you should never have any faith in humanity. They're just so easily manipulated.
You can convince the world is flat and that the sun revolves around the moon just as you can that working is good and great. So many sheep , So so many sheep.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Your children will work each and every day until they die.

unless you live in the UK, then your children wont be able to find a job to start with

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Reptius

Amen bro

~edit~

And it's only because they lack any sort of creativity or innovation, but then again that only explains why they work an regular 40-80 hour an week job and aren't the ones calling the shots and hiring employees. I for one am 21, going to a major university. No job. Infact havn't had one all year of 2011. Parents don't give me money. I just trade penny stocks. (Yea its risky, but hey I havn't worked a job since Jan!)
edit on 17-11-2011 by Slavich because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-11-2011 by Slavich because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Slavich

whats a penny stock, and how do i sign up lol

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

My children will never work.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join