It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Bill Clinton Admitted to Hospital for Heart Condition & Surgery

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Former President Bill Clinton has reportedly been admitted to Columbia Presbyterian Hospital in New York City for tests related to a blockage near his heart following chest pains. He will reportedly undergo quadruple bypass surgery sometime in the coming days.

AP
Former president Bill Clinton, after experiencing chest pains, is to have heart surgery for a quadruple bypass, media reports said Friday.

CBS News and CNN reported that Clinton, a former Arkansas governor, had gone to Columbia Presbyterian hospital in Manhattan with complaints of chest discomfort. ABC News said the former president would have a quadruple bypass on Friday.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

President Clinton was examined at a hospital in Westchester, NY in the last day or so where tests revealed serious blockages. He was transferred to Columbia Presbyterian Hospital in NYC for further testing and possible surgery to correct the blockages. His condition was considered serious enough to warrant an immediate transfer.

Columbia Presbyterian is known as one of the best heart hospitals in the country.

Unconfirmed rumors and reports from the BBC indicate that President Clinton may have suffered a heart attack.

Details to follow . . .

[edit on 9-5-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Wasn't he in really good shape?

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indy

Yeah, but if you remember right, he also got quite a bit of coverage regarding the frequent stops at McDonalds.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
The Republicans did it! We'll see how long before that is added to the Liberal Mantra list. It's unfortunate, Bill Clinton has eschewed the heart healthy habits of George Bush and John Kerry, choosing to rely on "indoor activities" to provide cardiovascular stimulation. Just remember, philandering only seems like exercise, but dodging lamps thrown by Hillary is exercise.

Commence flame.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Sources indicate a heart attack

As of his condition.... I don't know right now.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
He's famed for eating fatty foods, theres probally some blockage in his arteries. I would'nt be too worried, he'll be fine.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
oh jesus everyone in there 50s has bypass. Its all that charbroiled meat they ate. He'll be fine. I hope he gets a hot nurse for the sponge baths..Lucky guy! YOu go Bill !!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
His notorious "response unit" hard at work.

No later than 12 hours after Pataki says "We're lucky, we get to win one for the Gipper..."

Bill ups the ante. He'll die to win this election for Kerry.

PS - He'll be fine. Media coverage not withstanding.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Wait... who in the hell cares? He may have thought he was above the laws of man but he's not above the laws of nature lol.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Drudge report has a link to a story stating ole' Bill will have a quad bypass today

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
ROFL RANT

*In Clinton Accent* Ah feel that it is ma duty as an American to do everathin ah can to help Jah Karrah win.

Bill better not die, I still have 50 bucks riding on him running against Hillary in 2008

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Godsent

Yeah, but if you remember right, he also got quite a bit of coverage regarding the frequent stops at McDonalds.

Well then im ovbiously toast

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
The Republicans did it! We'll see how long before that is added to the Liberal Mantra list.

LMAO. It was all those republican prayers that Cheney would have a heart attack so he could be replaced with McCain or Guiliani. The prayers worked - just on the wrong person.

[edit on 9/3/04 by Bleys]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Someone check his recent speeches...anything against the CIA? They sure like those heart attacks.....

There is no enemy anywhere - Lao Tse

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Godsent

Well then im ovbiously toast

That would be McToast.

I thought that was "ovbious".

[edit on 3/9/2004 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Its amazing how sudden these things can happen.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Well, I hope he's going to be alright. They've gotten really good at doing these though.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Wow, you guys are harsh. He is still a person you know. You may not like him, but this is very serious.

I for one like Clinton, I hope that he pulls through this with flying colors. Get well soon Bill!

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
He was admitted, released then re-admitted after the battery of tests was complete.

Hillary + Chelsea are at his bedside in New York.

Death probability is only 1%

He should be fine.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by fortunate1
Wait... who in the hell cares? He may have thought he was above the laws of man but he's not above the laws of nature lol.
Some response. who cares? I guess you dont. Well, the world cares. In spite of his faults, he is a great leader and did much to keep you free and protected without boogie woogie politics. Shame on you for your narrowmindedness and lack of caring.

<<   2 >>

join