It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What If I Belive In God And Jesus But Dont Have A Religion

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by EPH612

The origins of Christianity were all rooted in knowledge or gnosis. Faith then had another meaning I think and represented the starting point of a psychological and spiritual transformation bearing fruit, which isn't faith in the end but the knowledge of experience. Jesus Christ himself was initiated into this knowledge, almost certainly by not only Jewish mysticism, but also Eastern Buddhism ie: the three wise men from the Orient, and the star of enlightenment over his "birth" as "the Christ". Early Christianity wasn't just a belief in, but an experience of the living Christ through a process of intitation into secret or estoric wisdom teachings aka the wisdom of the ages who Jesus came to personify and embody.

edit on 14-11-2011 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Jesus was not much on religion either, remember He tiped over tables in thee temple. organised religions are full of hypocrisy.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jondave

Jesus' reframe of God to the woman at the well is rather interesting..

www.christiancourier.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by group935

It seems to me that Christ was pretty hostile toward the

RELIGIOUS
INSTITUTIONS

of his dusty pathed days.

At least of the leaders and many duplicitous customs of such.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by 547000

Christ may well of commissioned his apostles to establish a church and make disciples of people in all nations but where are the ones who knew what Jesus was talking about? Jesus had a message about consciousness.
Jesus did not have a surname, the word christ means consciousness.
We all have to follow Gods way but some resist and get hurt. But most 'think' they can do it better and God lets them try.

edit on 14-11-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

Christ means annointed one. Also Jesus had a message of repentance.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Religion is an invention of humans. Our nature is to gather conscription in our beliefs with others. Leaders do this on a large scale and create for themselves power.

You can believe in Jesus and God without being a member of any "Religion".

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by EPH612

The reason I believe that it is a sin on the priests part is because a priest much like the pope believe they were granted the position by God and that they have the write to speak for you or humanity. Let me ask you, who the he'll hired them as our so called attorney to God? It's a sin because they place themselves between you and God. I believe that god is in you. Forgiveness due to the fact that all humans make mistakes.. We are imperfect in an imperfect world. I don't even think forgiveness is really a part of the picture. I think it's all about experience. That we are here to experience and make mistakes wheather good or terribly bad. And learn from these mistakes twords becoming reaching that absolute harmony with God. forgiveness may not even be a part of the picture.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by group935

What's wrong with your position? Belief that God exists, that Jesus really lived, that He died and God raised Him from the dead, that Jesus is God, and that He's your master is all that is required of one's faith. I'll say if you really believe the foregoing it should effect how you live. Of course you won't be perfect. I won't go into how imperfect I am.

I'm a Pentecostal but I see no Biblical requirement to be part of a formal religion or "church". As a matter of fact, the Church isn't a building or a religion, it's the body of all believers in Jesus Christ according to the Gospel. I'll also say that for the sake of growing the New Testament says we should meet together. Again, in that area I'm far from perfect.

Bob

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Enemyc0mbatant

Why is Peter the first pope and why did he list a successor? The church is their to teach men how to live and follow Jesus' words. Otherwise there would be no point in establishing a church.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by 547000

Why is Peter the first pope and why did he list a successor? The church is their to teach men how to live and follow Jesus' words. Otherwise there would be no point in establishing a church.

Sure there is a point... It's call power and control over the masses so to be able to guyide the world how they see fit.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by 547000

This is not what Christ told his disciples to do.

He told them to heal the sick, feed the poor, comfort those who mourn, give your wealth to the poor, etc. This is all the Church is supposed to do. Of course Christ had Peter build his church. What did he call Peter? Get behind me who?

Christ knew what would come to pass when he left. He warned about it. He detailed it. And all went as he said it would.

It is a great miracle.

No where did he say his church was to go and teach men how to live, but rather exemplify how to live that others would SEE it for themselves.

Let those who have eyes SEE.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by group935
Hello
I Definatly Belive In God Now But I Do Not Have A Religion Thank You

Then the LAMB sees your LIGHT

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I agree that it's not right, but I still wouldn't go quite so far as to call it a sin. I also agree that you should learn from your mistakes to reach "harmony with God" (which, I must say, is a GREAT way to describe the relationship you should have with God). However, I still don't quite agree that forgiveness "isn't a part of the picture". I see it as a BIG part of it. Once again I agree you don't need a priest. The forgiveness only needs to be between you and God, nobody else. Yet the fact remains, we have sinned, and need forgiveness. I believe God will forgive you if you genuinely confess your sins to Him, but I feel it is a HUGE mistake to assume you're forgiven if you never ask.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

God still has his faithful witnesses on earth. Christ means annointed, or chosen one.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
People always accuse me of following a set Religion but this is not the case at all.

I follow the word of the bible and believe in Jesus as the Christ.

Now does that make me a religious person?

I really could care less about religion, what I do care about is truth and my spiritual side as I know when I die there is a whole new beginning ahead of me.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

I liked what you said, except the Roman Catholic priests didn't come about until the 4th century. the gov couldn't keep the Christians down, so they adopted some of the doctrines of Christ, made up many more of their own as the pharisee's did, & embraced the Christian's by pretending that they believed the same, but without being obedient to the laws. Before they created the catholic church to control the masses, they used Roman soldiers. They had to keep killing the Christians because the true followers would not denounce Christ. Gov couldn't murder them all when more of them kept converting. If you can't beat them, join them, springs to mind.....

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Religions are simple additions by man to the WORD/GOD They are what man has invented through tradition or practice. Many religions have diverged and have been corrupted, and bear little resemblance to the true WORD.

By Word, we mean that, that God IS, that, that GOD created, all inclusive and in totality. His plan for You.

To believe in GOD and CHRIST is as it should be. There was much division's in the early churches as the 'Word' became miss used and used in agenda's, or manipulated to the needs of man., thus the epistles to the early churches. To leave religion out, and embrace the WORD is the purist form of worship to GOD, to not conform to mans teachings is obviously beneficial in your walk with god. Jesus said " where two or more are gathered in My Name, there am I also". Churches or religions, if held to the truths of God are beneficial to man, and man is fallible, thus some churches fall to some degree, therefore prayer and following Gods Word is imperative. Nothing designed by man is not fraught with corruption. So for you to talk and pray with God, is the beginning of wisdom, And He will lead you to a Church that is true, not a religion, a church..... there is a difference my friend. Be blessed.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
What I'm trying to say is, that some time after the death and resurrection of Jesus, the early Christians began to institute customs based on traditions, and in doing so added to or changed the meaning bit by bit until the true Word had been corrupted. That corruption exists to this day. It has been Satan's quest to try to destroy what ever truths of God he could, so that man might fall away from the truth, and be subject to his lies, thus depriving God his believers. That would be Satan's prize, or Satan's spoils. As I said earlier, Christ left a trump, and that was where He said, "Where two or more are gathered in My Name, there am I also. Seek the Lord first, and His Word will surely follow. From there you can come together with like minded individuals to worship God and to discuss and live His teachings. Church does not mean religion, the Church is the Body of Christ, the religion is mans definition of that church which includes symbolism and traditions, whether correct or subverted. Religion may not desire to run astray, but simply the interaction of infallible man makes it susceptible to false doctrine. That's where the 'two or more in my name' part comes in, in the seeking of like minded searchers of Gods Word, there combined, you will find truth.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
OP Are you for real?

Another and far too many gob/religion threads!!!

Ten a day! Done to death!

No proof!

Just blind foolish, niave faith!

Wake up all and get/experience a no crutch, no shackle life!!

Escape fom you jail of burden and insecurity!! When you die, toast!!!!!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join