It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nétanyahou "liar" - Obama-Sarkozy secret chat

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Nétanyahou "liar" - Obama-Sarkozy secret chat

www.arretsurimages.net

Microphones accidently left on after G20 meeting pick up private conversation between US, French presidents. Sarkozy admits he 'can't stand' Israeli premier. Obama: You're fed up with him? I have to deal with him every day!
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.arretsurimages.net
www.ynetnews.com

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Both leaders were in a side room before a speech when Obama made a remark that Sarkozy should have told him he intended to vote yes to the Palestinian UN bid. Then they go on about how annoyed they are at the Israeli premier.

Sarkozy : "I can't stand him anymore, he's a liar"

These comments were heard thru headphones by a few journalists (5-6). At first they decided not to report it because they thought it would be some kind of breach since the leaders weren't told that their mike boxes were on.
It went on for about 3 minutes before they realised their microphones were on.

I for one would like a full transcript of that chat, way more funny than the usual "communication.

www.arretsurimages.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Chrysalis

Obama: You're fed up with him? I have to deal with him every day!

Obama is the leader of the most powerful country in the world..
If he speaks to Nétanyahou everyday then It's because he wants to..
He could just tell him to bugger off which is what I'd do..

+27 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ipleadthe5th

Obama says he "has to" , that's a bit different, it implies he rather not, but that's how diplomacy goes.
We kinda know how the US politics have to bow down to Israel.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
The fact that there are some (many) world leaders/politicians who are liars does not come as a surprise to me, why should it come as a surprise to Sarkozy?

Anyone heard the joke?
How do you know when a politician is lying to you?
When his mouth starts moving

+17 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Maybe Obama is indeed the leader of the most powerful country in the world. But he is controlled by the most powerful people in the world. Which aren't... hummm... necessarily dedicated to this "most powerful country in the world"
Puppets act according to the strings being pulled, they do not have the choice of which, how, when and if.
edit on 8-11-2011 by trisvonbis because:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by AutomaticSlim

Of course, but the context here is pretty grim, we're talking world peace and maybe the unfolding of WW3.
This is about the palestinian UN bid. Israel puts pressure on Obama, then Obama puts pressure on Sarkozy.
Beyond that it poses the question of the UN credibility as a whole.

These guys have the fate of countless lives in their hands if things go south.

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ipleadthe5th

Obama: You're fed up with him? I have to deal with him every day!

Obama is the leader of the most powerful country in the world..
If he speaks to Nétanyahou everyday then It's because he wants to..
He could just tell him to bugger off which is what I'd do..

I read that a little differently, myself and it isn't a positive thing. If the PM of Israel (who is a busy man, we can assume) is talking daily with the U.S. President (Who is definitely a busy man) then there is a great deal happening behind the scenes here that the public is not aware of or being told about. Interesting...and more pieces to the puzzle we're staring at.

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Sarkozy admits he 'can't stand' Israeli premier. Obama: You're fed up with him? I have to deal with him every day!

LOL.

They sound like a couple of women bitching by the water cooler in the office !

Whatever happened to ''treating every microphone as if it were a live one'' ? Not very professional. Tut-tut.

edit on 8-11-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

They weren't told at first that the mikes were on.
That didn't stop a few curious journalists from listenning in. And that's why it wasn't reported at first, they felt that this info wasn't obtained fairly.

Of course I don't agree, these guys are politicians, public figures, at a public event.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Everybody in politics and media should treat all microphones as live, regardless of whether they believe them to be switched on or not. It's very unprofessional, and potentially damaging, for them not to.

If a microphone is physically present within the vicinity, then do not say anything that you wouldn't be happy to be recorded and replayed at a later date !

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Everybody in politics and media should treat all microphones as live, regardless of whether they believe them to be switched on or not.

Everybody in politics and media do treat the microphones as live.

You were meant to hear this.

This wasn't the only incident. Different conversations were mentioned as being 'accidently' picked up. None of it was very interesting and I was wondering why they mentioned this last week. Now we know.

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
it's all a big joke. meanwhile people are dying everyday because of the decisions these people make.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
funny.. obama cant stand netanyahu yet bends over playing puppet for netanyahu and israel..
Think time amerika got a leader with enough backbone to tell israel to piss off and behave or else... But we all know that will never happen..

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

this is now receiving worldwide coverage.

so was it to :

a) cut ties with Israel

or

b) drive the man mad and make him speed up his action against Iran.

(many have often claimed that the US actually takes its orders from Israel. We will now if that is true fairly soon as Obama would be out of a job in a couple of weeks after a quip like that about his boss.
)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Bunch of parasites talking about there parasitic agendas

I would love to see the briefing video they showd obama right aftter he won the election, the one that started his gray.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Stuff like this happens quite often. But I don't think it is the responsability of journalists to decide if it should be disclosed or not.

They should let the public decide that.

The media play a big part in the mess we are in. I really don't give a rat's fart about the 17 millions the Kardashian chick pulled off her media stunt.

This is news worthy, not the meaningless stuff we get spammed with everyday.

By not reporting stuff like that, journalists and all the editorial chain make themselves acomplices to the big lie.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
If it was really that sensitive I don't feel that we would have heard about it. All part of the puppet show IMO as if that remark had the potential to really damage any relations the secret service would be saying "what journalists?"

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Just made it top news on drudge :

TRASH TALK BEHIND ISRAELI LEADER'S BACK

edit on 8-11-2011 by Chrysalis because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-11-2011 by Chrysalis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
you would have thought the worlds leaders would have learnt from the "that woman" gaff by Gordon Brown as he drove off... so I can only assume this was meant to be heard... interesting conversation
and if they can report the numpty remarks by Gordo then Sarkozy and Obama certainly should not be off limits.. on or off, a mike is a mike is a mike

edit on 8/11/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join