It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Germany, now Belgium: Nuclear energy to be phased out by 2015

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

We have medications against influenza and AIDS. People of today have much better chance to be cured / survive much longer with these conditions.

True enough; it's the least they could do. There are very good-hearted health professionals working on cures and solutions, others lobbying for death-medicines and pharaceuticals that have negligence built right in, and still others bio-engineering new diseases for humans. Considering the umbrella organization that covers everyone, it's like throwing wolves and sheep dogs in the same pen, and inviting the sheep to "dinner".

Then stop advocating return to renaissance lifestyle, curing by God or spiritual BS and similar nonsense.

One mans' nonsense is another mans' sense! Hush now or I'll tell some Mormons what you just spouted.

I dont believe it will be economical, not in foreseeable future. When you show me a modern (read: high energy usage per capita) post-oil economy reliably powered by renewables and/or your nonexistent quantum power plants, then I will be the first to advocate phasing out of nuclear. Not a second sooner.

The link I provided earlier was one proof of a quantum energy design being suppressed by political manouvering, that's not proof of it's non-existance. I'm reading some of the later objections/requests for private testing to be done on the E-cat design, but it's looking to me as though it's right around the corner. Oh look! Another thread on cold fusion that earned over a hundred flags amidst the hard-headed crowd on ATS!

One Mega Watt E-Cat Cold Fusion Device Test Successful!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's not going to be economical to switch to local/personal power sources for big business, extremely economical to switch to personal energy sources from a consumer pov. It also backfires. Do you know how fast energy rates are rising here in Ontario for example? Goodyear shut down their plant in my town because energy rates rose just under 300% within three years. The gloomy projections from Collus (our local provider) are indicating that rates will rise to double in the next five years. So I'll contend it's not economical for consumers to not think about switching to solar, wind, geo-thermal, magnetic energy, kinetic energy, and the design applications which will ensure homes maximize their energy conservation.

You may notice I haven't mentioned hydrogen engines : although not "free" energy, it is a renewable energy source. That's simply because there are already vast fresh water shortages, and until we start powering desalination plants with some free energy quantum generators, the process is a costly one. I would actually dread to see a mass switchover to hydrogen for it's flammability, and for the fact that fresh water would be in high demand.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Northwarden

You may notice I haven't mentioned hydrogen engines : although not "free" energy, it is a renewable energy source.

No, they are not an energy source. Hydrogen is an energy carrier, the energy source is a power plant.
edit on 8/11/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

You may notice I haven't mentioned hydrogen engines : although not "free" energy, it is a renewable energy source.

No, they are not an energy source. Hydrogen is an energy carrier, the energy source is a power plant.

You can convert water into hydrogen with five linked nine V batteries, a length of wire, a container, purified water, and two glasses to collect the hydrogen and oxygen. There are hundreds of conversion kits available for cars and trucks on the web. So no, the source is not an energy plant, and the energy is formed from the combustion of the hydrogen, complete with valves to prevent backfiring to the fuel source.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

You cannot extract more energy from combustion of oxyhydrogen than it takes to create it by electrolysis of the water in the first place. Thats conservation of energy. In fact, in practice it will always be less.

Hydrogen is an energy carrier, since there is no free hydrogen on Earth.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Okay, just to prove a point, you could incorporate or modify any of these designs to provide the electrolysis required to separate hydrogen and oxygen, then you have a cost-efficient method of producing your hydrogen.
It could be a portable system, where you pour water in the tank, or it could be a stationary source, from which you fill tanks with hydrogen.

Magnetic engines have been constructed which do not require fuel sources.

Once an engine is in operation, you can also hook up multiple alternators and charge batteries, the engine could run on that battery power, hydrogen, or any source and still perform it's primary s). The secondary s) of charging a battery equate to efficient use of the already operational engine. To tell us there's "no way on earth" this could happen is fallacy, it rather seems you're splitting hairs over some terminology I'm unfamiliar with.

(Ebook - Free Energy) Fuelless Engine 1-50Hp
www.4shared.com...

Technology Expected to produce Free Electricity
befreetech.com...

The Fuelless Engine
www.fuellesspower.com...
edit on 8-11-2011 by Northwarden because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

It looks like a classic scam internet is full of.
Have you built and tested it?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

No, it can't be done. I've said too much.
Move along now, nothing to see here.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Northwarden
The link I provided earlier was one proof of a quantum energy design being suppressed by political manouvering, that's not proof of it's non-existance.

You linked to an ATS thread which provided no sources.

I'm reading some of the later objections/requests for private testing to be done on the E-cat design, but it's looking to me as though it's right around the corner. Oh look! Another thread on cold fusion that earned over a hundred flags amidst the hard-headed crowd on ATS!

Um, cold fusion is nuclear power. Phasing out "nuclear power" would mean phasing out this too.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred

Originally posted by Northwarden
The link I provided earlier was one proof of a quantum energy design being suppressed by political manouvering, that's not proof of it's non-existance.

You linked to an ATS thread which provided no sources.

As explained, the source is now missing. "If a tree falls in the forest ..." ... look at the thread, if you will, and you'll catch the gist of it. It still happened.

I'm reading some of the later objections/requests for private testing to be done on the E-cat design, but it's looking to me as though it's right around the corner. Oh look! Another thread on cold fusion that earned over a hundred flags amidst the hard-headed crowd on ATS!

Um, cold fusion is nuclear power. Phasing out "nuclear power" would mean phasing out this too.

No, this is slated for phasing in :

Early this year Andrea Rossi announced his plans to construct and test the world's first one megawatt cold fusion plant. The plant would utilize his E-Cat (Energy Catalyzer) technology that utilizes tiny quantities of nickel powder and hydrogen gas as fuel, while producing large amounts of energy in the form of heat. Importantly, the energy is produced without emitting any pollution, utilizing any radioactive materials, or producing any nuclear waste.

pesn.com...

Your source: pesn.com...

Cold Fusion #1 Claims NASA Chief

A Chief NASA scientist, Dennis Bushnell has came out in support of Andrea Rossi's E-Cat technology, but denies any type of nuclear fusion is taking place, saying it is probably beta decay per the Widom Larson Theory. Repackaging the terminology to avoid embarrassment will not erase over twenty years of suppression and the reality of cold fusion!

He is right: No nuclear fusion, but transmutation of the nucleii.
In fact, there is No Neutron emission. And this is GOOD! VERY GOOD!

edit on 8-11-2011 by Northwarden because: editing quotes

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Berekely caught lying again. 700%, this time. In Kansas.

enenews.com... evels-reported-by-uc-berekely

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
northwarden has inspired an idea that has gotten off track, given the OP... and that is: is nuclear power worth the trouble ?

part of the answer that has not even been touched is what are we using it for , and how long before it's millennial level pollution makes these standards of living unsustainable ?.

Moreover it takes HUGE , HUGE amount of stainless steel and aluminum ( and concrete and plastic and copper and , and and and ) to build a reactor (which cost billions) and it's attendant SFP's and cold storage facillities so the waste production is there in amounts so far out of proportion to ANY other energy production source the MORON trying to equate total pollution to output earlier in this post should start a "bad science" blog because long turds float better

for example if a sidewinder plows into a solar farm , there are a few weeks of watching the winds in a localized area , but if a sidewinder plows into a nuker then we have immediate kill zones and decades of wind watching and huge and ever expanding areas of "effection"

Not to mention that one of the waste products of aluminum production is fluoride, which use to be used as a pesticide and rodent killer , and was being dumped into rivers in commercial quantities until the levels were high enough to kill off massive amounts of fish, then the 'government ' was persuaded to add fluoride to water as an anti cavity device and the toxic dumping problem was solved ...it was put into millions of ambulatory dispersion and aeration devices other wise known as people . Perhaps radio-nucleotides will prove as helpful , yes

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

Moreover it takes HUGE , HUGE amount of stainless steel and aluminum ( and concrete and plastic and copper and , and and and ) to build a reactor (which cost billions) and it's attendant SFP's and cold storage facillities

1. Some reactor designs need a lot less material than conventional designs.

2. It is false. Why do you think renewables are so pricey? Its because it takes a huge amount of materials and resources for every TWh produced. Nuclear has an advantage here, not a disadvantage. Nuclear plant does not need much more materials than conventional fossil fuel plants.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Readings from LA.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Same guy seven hours later.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I hope more countries follow.
We shouldn't be using something we can't fully control and can cause catastrophic consequences

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSandman
We shouldn't be using something we can't fully control and can cause catastrophic consequences

We certainly can't control our extraction of oil -- look at the Exxon Valdez and the recent Gulf Oil spill.

And "catastrophic consequences"!!??

* How many oil damaged beaches and dead wildlife from this pollution are still around as the result of these disasters?
    * How much acid rain comes down every day, generated from the hydrocarbon-pollution technology?
    * How out-of-kilter is our climate becoming, driven by the excess of hydrocarbon combustion?
    * How many people -- Americans and others -- have been killed over the past 30 years as a result of American foreign policy as we continue to try to feed our oil addiction?

Don't you have a problem with this kind of lack of control and 'catastrophic consequences'?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

You heard him guys. Ban fire!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

You heard him guys. Ban fire!

Might as well ban water while you're at it if those are the requirements.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Lots to take in on health effects.

www.veteranstoday.com...
And the latest video from Arnie Gundersen.
vimeo.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

www.veteranstoday.com...
And the latest video from Arnie Gundersen.
vimeo.com...

Completely useless.

Increased deaths? ... From what established average? Statistics cannot be used in the manner you are attempting to use them.

Go spam your nonsense somewhere else.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join