It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

* Ocean in space *

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Comets that have water dont have the same isotopes as the vast majority of Earths water. Only a small percentage is due to comets. The real answer to the question as to where our water came from is that it was already here as the Earth was forming. Water is after all only a compund made from hydrogen and oxygen atoms and water can easily be made during the forming process. Think of the space shuttle liquid hydrgen and oxygen fuel and its exhaust is water vapour

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

remember all the bibles from all different religions sometimes relate to the same thing, it's just worded differently

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Aletheia007

well you might be right, but what if the isotopes change while the comet entered the earth atmosphere?? What if the rays of the sun change it also. Could be a great possibility.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by storm2012

Why I posted it...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

here is something you can take a look at that i have been trying to study, i figured it out 80% of it, but i will make a new thread on this topic, its really interesting.
www.japaretreats.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
everyone check this out:

and try to interpret it:
www.japaretreats.com...

I have my own interpretation on this subject
good luck

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

because if that was true than why has the Earth have two different types of water. Surely if it was true shouldnt we just see only one type of water on earth? You can get rocks that look dry and when u add heat to it in a test tube you will see water condensing as it is being released by the heat. So comets only brought a small amount the rest as i said was already here

edit on 4-11-2011 by Aletheia007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
one thing i dont understand is how can pure water exist in liquid form in absolute zero? the salt content in the oceans is mostly from the fish excrement(however you spell it). im not debunking this theory, i would just like to know if there is a way for water to be able to splash if its in liquid form at absolute zero?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Stars eject ocean.

Stars, contain all the elements for their children, the solar system.

Stars are also crystalline, as has been alluded to in some pdfs, and are like mirrors or input systems for this hologram.

Stars do it.

www.dailygalaxy.com...
Cosmic 'Water Fountains' Discovered in Milky Way

Three new water masers have been discovered in the Milky Way, including what could be one of the fastest ever found -- reaching speeds of up to 350 km per second –- and a rare ‘water fountain,' a special class of ‘masers’ -– large microwave lasers caused by high-mass dying stars or high-mass star formation regions. The high mass source spews out material including clouds of water that can travel at a couple of hundred kilomers per second.

www.cosmostv.org...
First icy star-disc hints at source of Earth's water

For the first time, astronomers have found a planet-forming disc around a star that is awash with frozen water. The discovery adds credence to the idea that Earth got its water from comets – especially as the disc seems to contain enough water to fill Earth's oceans thousands of times over.

Hot water vapour has previously been detected in the inner part of the planet-forming discs of nascent, alien solar systems. But this is too close to the central star to be incorporated into the forming planets.

edit on 4-11-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Scamzarilla

Okay as it says in the article i have posted, universe is divided into two parts water and other is space, just like on earth there is land and than half is water. look at the bottom link i posted, it shows there is not only one universe, there are many universes , each consisting of three gods, the creator , the destroyer and protector, each universe is formed from the pores of the god body. Imagine a bubble floating in the ocean, now imagine the bubble as a universe.
www.japaretreats.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

all I am saying is tracking back comets and where they exactly come from will reveal the source of life and no its not the kupier belt

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I don't think so. They are simply asteroids in elongated orbits. All matter comes via Stars.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

comets are not asteroids, if asteroids are like comets why don't they have a tail like comets do? Two of these are totally different, yes i agree they travel in space in similar ways, but that does not make them both the same. its like saying Jupiter is now Earth just bec its round. NO. Here is a link talking about comets and its a good source
www.universetoday.com...
edit on 4-11-2011 by storm2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
When comets are observed from afar, scientists report they are "dirty snowballs" made of ice, but the ones that have been intercepted at close range by spacecraft have been made of solid rock with virtually no ice or water. Scientists are puzzled by this conflicting evidence.

Scientists surprised about comet's ingredients
Stardust Surprised Scientists

The last three missions to comets have found that they are not "dirty snowballs" of ice as has been previously theorized, but instead they are made of rock with virtually no water (0.5% as an example).

Comet Borrelli: Dry and Hot
Comet Temple 1: Deep Impact Was a Dust-up, Not a Gusher
Comet Wild-2: Rockhard Stardust

Although it may not matter if comets are made of rock or of ice, since even if we did assume that comets are made entirely of ice, according to the US Geologic Survey, our planet contains over 1,338,000,000 cubic kilometers of water. Does it seem feasible that over 1,338,000,000 comets as large as a kilometer each have struck Earth to form our oceans?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The 10 most abundant elements in the Universe, number indicates parts per billion.

Hydrogen-739,000

Helium-240,000

Oxygen-10,700

Carbon-4,600

Neon-1,340

Iron-1,090

Nitrogen-970

Silicon-650

Magnesium-580

Sulphur-440

10 most abundant elements in earth's crust.

Hydrogen was the first and only element to form in the universe until fusion became possible mostly by stars, everything comes from stars, we didn't need tiny comets to put water on the earth, hydrogen and oxygen are the two most abundant elements that make up our planet, and you.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Chronon

well than how come they just confirmed water came from comets on Earth? explain me that, i do belive some comets as they approach the sun disengrate bec of the temp incrase, thats probably the reason, we cant find water on some of the comets, it evaporates, just as when it rains on Earth it evaporates. Okay than how come comet elenin disengrate and you said comets are not ice but they are rocks, so what happ to the rock ???? did it also dissolve cant be. here are link where astronomer and scientist confirming water came from comets.

www.ibtimes.com...

www.universetoday.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

The only problem here is that comets are not dirty snowballs. Of the few comets that have been closely analyzed by spacecraft almost no water has been found.

"We discovered that a comet is not really a 'dirty snowball' since dirt is dominant, not ice," said Horst Uwe Keller..."Instead of being spherical like a warm snowball, a comet nucleus is elongated. The physical structure of a comet's interior is defined by its dust content rather than its ice content."
Source

...comet Borrelly exhibits distinct jets, yet has a hot, dry surface. The assumption that comets contain water and other ices led Dr. Laurence Soderblom of the U.S. Geological Survey to say, "The spectrum suggests that the surface is hot and dry. It is surprising that we saw no traces of water ice." However, he goes on to suggest that the ice is probably hidden below the crust as "either the surface has been dried out by solar heating and maturation or perhaps the very dark soot-like material that covers Borrelly's surface masks any trace of surface ice".
Source -Wiki

The evidence in this case disagrees with the theory that comets contain water and have therefore contributed to Earth's oceans. Comets are asteroids that come from the outer solar system and therefore have a tail.

Samples of Comet Wild 2 suggest it is made of rocky material, like an asteroid, rather than the fluffy dust expected of a comet....Wild 2 should still be considered a comet, she adds, because it is throwing off gas and dust [it still has a tail] as ice on its surface evaporates in sunlight. But she says the new findings bolster the view that there is no sharp dividing line between comets and asteroids.

Furthermore water has been found just about everywhere in space except for comets. Talk about irony.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I know you weren't talking to me and it is clear that comets and asteroids formed in different parts of the accretion disk, which is why their makeup is different, but ALL of earth's water didn't come from comets, most of our water is already in the stuff that earth is made of, the conditions, (pressure, radiation protection, temperature) is why earth was able to keep its water whereas for Venus and Mars for instance, have two different reasons why they lost their water to space. Venus too hot, Mars too small and cold and tectonic low activity, simplistically but covers the majority of it.

Earth is placed in a position favorable to keep the water within it, and most importantly, on it.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Devino

okay explain me than what happen to comet elenin why did it disengrated. What happ to it being a asteroid, a rock would not just melt liek that. Comets are made up of ice particles and are made up of gases and with rock and dust mixed in it from traveling in space for some time. By the way wikipedia is not a good source

sourc:www.scholastic.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

yes I agree with you about that earth has some water also does mars ( north and south pole ), but its really interesting that water came on Earth from some source out in space. If its really true that a comet brought water on earth than there is deff life out there. It solves alot of questions. If there is a source of water than imagine how many earth like planet exist
lets hope there is

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join