It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

* Ocean in space *

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by storm2012

Hydrogen and oxygen are out there, conditions have to be within a certain 'goldilocks zone' for it to do any good. There are no voids, just areas void of favorable conditions. But like how I tried to illustrate in another thread that made it look like asteroids are dense and cramming us while showing an area larger than the orbit of Mars from above, I indicated that you wouldn't see anything but the sun, because for that illustration to be at scale, and the earth was one tiny pixel in that, the field of view would be around 4 hundred million pixels square, and if that pixel was one 10th of a millimeter in diameter, the image would be over 9 miles square.

So you don't need a lot of space in the void for life, and there is a lot of space out there. It's just hard to pinpoint the exact pixel that life is living.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Disintegration does not mean disappear and as such is an ambiguous term. Comet Elenin broke up but it is all still there. I hope you're not suggesting that water is the only thing that can be caused to "disintegrate" by the Sun's gravity. The only way to know for sure the makeup of any comet is to go and get physical samples.

Evidence shows that comets are not made of ice particles (water ice), gasses and some dust mixed in as you're suggesting but are rather more like asteroids. I would think that comets are like all the rest of the bodies in this solar system and are made of various materials.

My links are from a much earlier thread and are therefore old news. I have been down this road many times so, for the purpose of brevity, I simply pulled those from an earlier post I had made. The first is from ESA and the second, from WIKI, is actually sourced from NASA. I have also read similar evidence from JPL and other sources like New Scientists and Science Daily which I believe to be credible sources.

Beside the evidence that water is found everywhere in the solar system helps to bolster your theory. The dirty snowball theory is simply wrong and needs to be be corrected yet links like the one you posted keep regurgitating this same old garbage.

edit on 11/4/2011 by Devino because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Hydrogen and oxygen are out there, conditions have to be within a certain 'goldilocks zone' for it to do any good.
This is an old theory which has also been proven to be false. Several moons around Jupiter and Saturn have been found to have oceans of liquid water on them. These planets are outside of the "goldielocks" zone. I think that if we look we will find this also true for the moons around the planets Uranus and Neptune. It is also very likely that all four of the gas giants can have liquid water in their atmosphere.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
2.bp.blogspot.com...

COSMIC OCEAN

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Lord Vishnu

Lord Vishnu is one of the peace-loving and chief Hindu deities in Trinity (Trimurti) means the second god of as Preserver or Sustainer of the Universe worshiped as the protector as he represents mercy and goodness.

Hindu God Vishnu is the restorer of dharma (moral order) having resolute principles or order, truth and righteousness. Whenever the values are under terror or out of order, Lord Vishnu emerges out of his superiority to restore order and peace on the earth.

It is said that there was nothing in the existence before the creation of the universe expect water. Due to this Vishnu is said to be the “Cosmic ocean Nara” meaning water and also called as “Narayan”- one who moves on the water”.

Lord Vishnu is declared as supreme God-Parmeshwara and supreme soul-Paramatma according to Vishnu Sahasranama

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

SO FROM THE ABOVE POST, THERE WAS ONLY WATER IN EXISTENCE

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

edit on 4-11-2011 by Gridrebel because:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Devino

Which implies a 'goldilocks zone' I referred to in another thread I believe(speculate/question) about life in our solar system. Not to rephrase the whole idea I specifically mentioned Jupiter's moon Europa and Saturn's moon Enceladus as two of the best places in our solar system to look for life. Long story short they have tidal heating and outer ice shell radiation protection and indications of a tectonic activity to create thermal subsurface 'ocianic' vents (Observed at Enceladus by Cassini) that liquid water void of light could be just like our ocean depths here on earth, where I believe is one place that has spontaneously triggered the mineral to organic mutation, in a stable protected sunlit void environment, with liquid water, not effected by the volatile surface fluctuations we know about of early earth.

I'm not a killer of life elsewhere, I just don't think Venus and Mars ever had a chance at life sustaining environments ever.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

I dont disagree that something so distant must be open to interpretation. I shared the article because I thought it related to the OP and felt he might enjoy it.

For me there is plenty of room in the Universe for all to find whatever they might be looking for.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

Sorry, didn't mean to be snotty. I just feel we are sappy when we believe every thing NASA and all those other space "organizations" dish out at us. This little "fact" in the article:

"Perhaps even more surprising is that the colossal cosmic reservoir formed when the universe was a mere 1.6 billion years old." just blows it for me. Like they could figure THAT out.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

No hard feelings here, I've been having the worst day so I am trying real hard to spread a little kindness in hopes it might come back to me some day. So I appreciate that

Oh I just saw you removed your post It easy to come across stronger than you intend here in a post, it happens to me all the time so I dont take it personal at all. Actually I enjoy reading what other people think thats what I am here for.
edit on 11/4/2011 by iforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
When I had read the newstory about giant water cloud in space a couple months back it got me thinking.

I am not a religious person, but most of the worlds religions have a similar account of a "great flood". So perhaps there was a period of time of great rain. In our current understanding the only way for there to be rain is from evaporation. So in order for there to be a long period of incredible rain, there would have to be a large heat source to cause all the evaporation, but the air still be cool enough that water vapor condenses and rains. Plus its still a cycle of a contained system, so you could have a bunch of rain coming down in one place but it would require a loss of water from another place.

So how do you get an enviornment cool enough to condense water and it rain all over the world so that cultures from all over the world relay a similar story?

Well this idea of the water cloud is a very probably cause. The Earth could have simply passed through a large cloud of water ice. As the ice entered the atmosphere it would gain heat (not from "burning up", but just from being in Earths atmosphere). The water vapor would then condense and rain would commence. This could also explain how great amounts of water could be added to the planet to flood out civilizations like Atlantis. Because otherwise such an idea doesn't make sense with our current closed loop water system.

With all the ice crystals surrounding the planet reflecting the sunlight this may have caused the people of the time to consider it similar to something that was shiny at the time which was quartz crystal or glass. This may have been the foundation for the idea of the Firmament as described in the bible. The idea, much like the flood, also transcends many cultures.

en.wikipedia.org...

Eventually the Earth passed through the Ice cloud and the shiny sky and constant rain went away. Science progressed and with no more "proof" available we simply wrote it off as whimsical tales of a primitive cultures.
edit on 4-11-2011 by westrock2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by westrock2000

Could be a possibility, i think if all humans put their taughts together we will have our answer. i personally think every human species have certain knowledge on life, when combined it can solve many great mysteries.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Like Oceans as big or bigger than suns or solar systems ?

that is awesome to think about, regardless if it's true or not.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
It is a very interesting article. According to Shri Prabhupada, Lord Vishu's Abode is not this physical world but Krishna Lokha( a higher plane). He incarnates to maintain Dharma and virtue among Jeevas(Life forms) of physical world. There are innumerate planets with a higher and lower vibration out there. Earth is neither a lower nor a higher vibration level.

In Bhagavat Gita, Vishnu describes his world as a non physical plane of existence which is not lit by a physical star or any of that sort. There are Devas(Aliens)d and they do have control over the physical aspects of this universe but theirs is limited. Prabhupada's books are full of inspiring information and I am reading one. It falls under the unknown unknown.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

There could be Ocean probably almost the half size of the universe that is based on one view, second view , or imagine our universe as just a planet in a universe that is made up of water or imagine tiny cells , each cell consist of a universe, each cell is born from god skin pores,so there is not one universe there is probably trillion universe,our universe is just one of it. lets hope asastronomer or scientist can figure it out.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

The thought that we could redefine the "goldielocks" zone to include the areas around the giant planets has come to mind. I have a problem with this and because of this I may have jumped to criticize your statement. The thought is that Earth is in the perfect location for life to exist, hence goldielocks zone, and no other planet is in this zone. Earth being at the center location for life sounds like 'the center of the Universe' thinking which I feel is a religious point of view and not scientific.

For far too long has science thought this way excluding the possibility of life existing out passed the goldielocks zone. It has been NASA's position to not look for life out there partly because of this 'it can't be there' mentality and this is what I am against, it limits our potential understanding. I think that water and the potential for life can be found just about everywhere in the Universe. Some locations are just better suited for life to muddle along than others.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I recall reading about other ancient flood myths from various locations around the world. The idea that a great ocean was once suspended above the Earth which fell causing a great flood I find to be very intriguing. The data showing what comets are makes this idea more interesting in my opinion and doesn't detract from it. This 'Great Ocean' could have inundated the moons around the gas giants in the same way as it did, according to myth, to Earth.

It appears, from collected data, that comets are not dirty snowballs, not even close, but rather are rocks of different compositions that interact with the Sun in such a way as to create a tail. Spectrum analysis of the Sun's light that passes through this tail reveals the presence of hydrogen and oxygen ions which therefore means water, right? Perhaps it is the interaction of the Sun's solar wind on this object that causes these readings and not the presence of water on, or in, the comet itself.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Devino

REMEBERING ATLANTIS , en.wikipedia.org...

IT SANK IN THE OCEAN IN A DAY, HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE, AND A CITY UNDER THE OCEAN DOES EXIST, SCIENTIST FOUND OUT A WHILE AGO.

THIS IS REALLY INTERSTING BECAUSE THE HINDU GOD KRISHNA CITY ALSO WENT UNDER WATER MANY YEARS BACK HERES A LINK krishna.org...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Devino

IN them not ON them, there is a difference. Inside of Europa and Enceladus is believed to be liquid water, on Enceladus when it surfaces through outgassing, it's lost to space.

Enceladus Tiger Stripes

Tidal forces create a 'goldilocks zone' within the moons protected from radiation and the vacuum of space by a thick outer crust of solid frozen 'ice'.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join