It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Reacts To Conan's Same-Sex Wedding News

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoNotForgetMe
The gaylesbianqueer fad is not for me......to decide whether it is right or wrong, that is for the Creator(s) to decide. My purpose is to give spread love to all walks of Life. I have read the Bible thrice and the one thing that sticks to my Mind is "he who is without sin, cast the first stone". I have never met ANYONE who has the right to do so.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Great... now it's a "fad"... kind of like pet rocks or hoola hoops? While I respect your apparent tollerance of the "sinners" I think the kind of ignorance you display with your comments is part of the problem. It's not a fad. It's pretty well documented that about 10% of any given population is gay, this would include previous or historical cultures as well. It's biological, plain and simple. Various hormone levels in the womb determine sexual preference... that's well researched and documented.
edit on 4-11-2011 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by oaf21

Yeah, I know, I'm sorry I brought it up too. I understand your point and I'll have to say that I may or may not agree that what someone does is right but I will never judge anyone for it even if I personally think its wrong.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by pngxp

Yeah, it's funny, most gays do act like that's all life is about. But my wife works with a guy who's gay and not everyone at work even knows it. He's only told a select few that work there that he is and he doesn't come off as a flamer. He's not hiding it or 'in the closet' but just thinks it's more professional that way. I like him for that.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ookie
reply to post by superman2012

You can't lose the gay because marriage is DEFINED as the union of a MAN and WOMAN in holy matrimony. So anything other than that must have a different name. If words mean what you want them to mean then all the dictionaries on Earth are pointless. Man and man or woman and woman can't marry by definition. Period.

Really? Is that from your Bible? Here is the actual meaning.

Marriage (or wedlock) is a social union or legal contract between people that creates kinship. It is an institution in which interpersonal relationships, usually intimate and sexual, are acknowledged in a variety of ways, depending on the culture or subculture in which it is found. Such a union, often formalized via a wedding ceremony, may also be called matrimony.

Nice try though.

ETA: I thought I heard a Bible opening!

edit on 4-11-2011 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by clearmind

That's definitely one of the main reasons I posted this to begin with: It's indeed an example that the media is controlled by some higher entity that's feeding each news outlet all of the stories. It's not like it's anything new to most of us on here. However, I had never seen it so cleanly edited together in such a way making it so blatantly obvious.

Indeed... things that make you go hmmmmm

I do, however, feel the message regarding same sex marriage to be equally important though... and Coco's support of it was really something quite nice to see (again... in my humble opinion!
)
edit on 4-11-2011 by oaf21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I need to mail him an envelope! >-<

Hahhahhahhahha. So he can push it

M.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Two pages in and i lost the will to live

and forgot what this thread was about...

im Glad people think Gay or lesbian is some kind of fad, i mean theres only recorded accounts of it openly occuring in both greek and roman societies,

im also glad some folk out there feel they can descide who other can love as it makes them feel uneasy... people who quote the bible make me feel uneasy, people who are needlessly religous make me feel uneasy, people who blame tv/computer games/books for any form of violence etc. make me uneasy but i dont enter every single thread whith a title that includes such information to put these people down!!

you know what makes me feel really uneasy...The fact there are some people who are so effected by the idea of a man and man loving each other or a woman and woman loving each other that they need to complain about it, like it makes me feel they are in some way unbalanced or there is somthing sinister with them... i never see any couple and think.. i bet they have sex.. or if they kiss that will turn my stomach, i mean i dont know how anyone can truley have any care about sucha silly subject!

Good on conan but alas things will never change as proven by these posts, Gays (or lesbians) will never fully be excepted by modern societies as they were in the past, people have been made to believe there is somthing evil about where one man puts his ding dong in another consenting adult....

im a straight man and my best mate is Gay, he was talking to me about how much he wants to adopt a child when him and his boyfriend get married, i support him 100% he will make a great father, sadly he will always have to fight negative backwards human programming, even though a look through history shows it pre dates the very religons in which it was decided it was wrong in.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by oaf21

Looks like Conan O'Brian may be about to push the envelope on late night television.

I hear he is about to push the onvelope.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
to get back to the original topic:

Who writes it? Where do these news scripts originate from?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Momus
to get back to the original topic:

Who writes it? Where do these news scripts originate from?

Yup sorry for ranting off topic,

I imagien Trump or Murdoch has somthing to do with it.. mainly because they control media.. and i imagine they have an or like to help others agenda

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The thing that is most disconcerting about this is that it is obvious they are all getting their copy from the same place. You don't need to look any further than this seemingly innocuous story to realize the amount of collusion going on to manipulate and guide you.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Personally i don't care. I will go so far as to say homosexuality isn't my cup of tea. Just be glad you live this day and age and not 2000 years ago or you would be stoned to death without any questions asked or even a trial. Islamic countries still practice this custom, so be glad you don't live there or you would likely be dead once they find out what you are.

Seems kinda counterproductive for men and women not to have sexual relations with one another, the male and female sexual organs are for having offspring and proliferating the species. It goes against nature to have same sex relations. Basically homosexuals are an abherration according to the natural order. As for those you who are going to say "who are you to say what is natural and what is not?" i say this, nature has already established that order or there wouldn't be such a thing as a penis or a vagina, we would all procreate asexually without the need for partners. Also, have you ever seen a man get another man pregnant or a woman get another woman pregnant? No and you will not and cloning doesn't count because that too is not "natural". Science fact folks.
edit on 4-11-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
didn't both the Greeks and the Romans become openly gay just before the end, I could be wrong on that.

gay unions should be allowed, Kardashian type weddings should be banned
Just saying

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
Uh-oh...I can feel everyone's Bible being opened and being mis-construed! I have no problems with gay marriage, just like I have no problems with gay lunch, gay cars, gay movies, gay socks, gay pencils, gay computers, etc. You see where I'm going with this right? It is just marriage, lose the "gay".

Gay... sex?
2nd.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
as marid, gonzo and momus have implied, i believe the focus of this thread should be the bizarre (and frightening) parroting that these puppet reports are iterating.

if these anchors are mindlessly repeating, word for word, the "push the envelope" copy, what else are they mindlessly repeating? Jon Stewart is quite good at exposing the same "ditto" effect that occurs often in the media, however he usually focuses his mirror on the biggies (fox, cnn, etc).

i find it interesting that this copy was repeated on both large and small outlets, and across the networks. is it just lazy writing? or a reliance on an associated press release? or is there an agenda?

i think most folk have found their camp on the gay marriage issue, and little can be done to sway their perspective.

i think the real issue is, how is MSM brainwashing us, 'cause the tactic has been blatantly exposed in the OPs video.

PS this ain't nothin' any of us good ol' paranoid conspirators haven't figured out long ago. it's just shocking to see it done so blatantly.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ookie
reply to post by superman2012

You can't lose the gay because marriage is DEFINED as the union of a MAN and WOMAN in holy matrimony. So anything other than that must have a different name. If words mean what you want them to mean then all the dictionaries on Earth are pointless. Man and man or woman and woman can't marry by definition. Period.

Unfortunately for you, we are about to change the definition so get ready to be bitch slapped by the civilized world.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Great Vid

I don't know about any of you guys.... But i really want to go out and buy a pack of envelopes after watching all those clips

edit on 4-11-2011 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
Uh-oh...I can feel everyone's Bible being opened and being mis-construed! I have no problems with gay marriage, just like I have no problems with gay lunch, gay cars, gay movies, gay socks, gay pencils, gay computers, etc. You see where I'm going with this right? It is just marriage, lose the "gay".

It is an abomination of God's gift to men!

Why did God bother to pull a rib out of Man to create Woman?

Why not just make Man's back flex a little more so he didn't need a Woman?

Had you going huh?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marid Audran
The thing that is most disconcerting about this is that it is obvious they are all getting their copy from the same place. You don't need to look any further than this seemingly innocuous story to realize the amount of collusion going on to manipulate and guide you.

Very well said. This should have been the point of discussion in this thread.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I will go so far as to say homosexuality isn't my cup of tea. Just be glad you live this day and age and not 2000 years ago or you would be stoned to death without any questions asked or even a trial.

I used to think you actually supported the "deny ignorance" slogan. Oh well, *sigh*.

Ancient Greece

Ancient Rome

Here is a brief history lesson for you.

You weren't kidding when you said it wasn't your cup of tea. You make it seem like that is the only reason why people would be stoned to death...I think you have stones in your head.

ETA: Not just people too: From Discover Magazine:

500 Number of animal species in which homosexual behavior has been documented. A 2009 analy­sis of same-sex animal romance notes, among other things, that half of all sexual interactions by male bottlenose dolphins occur with male partners, and male-male pairings account for up to 26 percent of bearded vulture mountings. Conversely, a four-year study in Hawaii found that 31 percent of Laysan albatross pairs there consist of two females; one such couple has been observed together for 19 years.
edit on 4-11-2011 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join