It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge William Adams beats daughter for using the Internet

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I edited that post to clarify. Again I don't think I am special and deserve attention but I was trying hard to discuss this and the actual merits of subjectivity but you must have missed all of my posts. Start on page 34 if you care to skim, I don't care either way and have just been replying out of habit because I am certain we won't come to any agreement.

More edits today then ever in my career at ATS.

Muzzle, Im sorry I saw a reply that I had missed on page 36. I know this is flying by faster then anyone can keep up so I am sorry I acted like an asshole that you didn't reply to 'my' post. This is just an emotional topic, especially for parents. I let my emotions get the best of me and reacted in a way that I know regret. I completely disagree with you but there are no hard feelings. I deserve what ever ciriticism you throw at me should you decide to do that.
edit on 11/2/2011 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by impressme

the fact that people are justifying what this person did and supporting it in any way, proves them have similar mindsets as the judge. I hope they all get 'found out' one way or another. I was beaten, it did not teach me ethics. It taught me fear, repression and to hide everything about myself. That is not parenting. That is slavery and mental/physical/emotional abuse. I believe God wanted us to love, nurture and raise children with values. sure, go ahead and spank one or apply other negative behavior repercussions, but beating them is not okay.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Wow. I couldn't have said it better myself. Well done.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I cannot stand people ilke you that judge the abused. CHILDREN are not equipped to deal with adult perversion. What do you not get about that? Now it becomes the child's fault that they did not tell? wow, you are sick.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
reply to post by Epirus

Not my kids, not my responsibility.

It is my responsibility to hold the mob back from trying to strip parents of their rights to parent.

Who are you to say what is right for someone else's family?

The right to parent?..you really think that is effective parenting?

Neither of them are fit to parent in my opinion..and that child didn't ask to be born to them, but because she was.. she has to endure "the right' for them to parent any way they see fit?

Then we wonder about kids who grow up and kill their parents... and of course.. the blame is put on those terrible children..and how could anyone possibly want to kill their own parents, and they must be monsters.

What some children have had to endure from their parents is just inexcusable.. and you making some lame ass excuse that it is the rights of the parent and nobody elses business is not helping to alleviate the problems of child abuse.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by reeferman

wow, how about removing computer privileges instead of a beating? You obviously have never been beaten.

link   
this man is not a judge, he is a poor animal and gay bastard

link   
this guy clearly needs anger management, but he is not breaking any laws and its not really any of our business how parents choose to discipline children. If he is going too far, the daughter would make it known, or he would be brought to justice eventually.
edit on 2-11-2011 by Patchman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

muzzle, I have to say this is the first time I've probably disagreed with you.
Don't get me wrong, I strongly believe parents need to show their kids who's boss occasionally.
I went through it, we all did growing up, and I believe it made a positive impact in terms of respect.
However, whats going on in this video is pretty harsh for the circumstances.
There's a fine line between discipline and child abuse.

People should also keep in mind the study that was done in Dunedin, New Zealand that showed the epigenetic effects of child abuse could alter the Gene expression of certain individuals who had inherited a specific gene.
Which in turn made them more likely to be violent adults.

Link

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve
Save your breath Ya'll. It has become obvious Muzzleflash isn't that interested in really discussing this. It must be much more fun to infuriate everyone instead.

How is that? Please explain your position, why are you saying that?

I had no intention to infuriate anyone.

People choose their own anger and fury.

How can it be my fault others are angry, but yet it's not the kids fault for making the father angry at her?

Parents should get worried about kids, concerned, angry for them, but not angry at them(or too angry, it can be hard, I'm sure). What they do in reaction to the kids should be out of love, even to yell out them, but NOT out of anger, out of love. Idk, thats how my parents raised me, and I love them more than anything for that(they never beat me, they wouldn't even have have arguments with each other in front of me, nor do they get drunk around me, they respect me and I respect them).

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Irish614

you said obscene. I did not read that in the article.

Proof please. If it's just harassing, I need context. A, I don't think this punishment is over the top, and B, the reason was justified:laziness and not doing work.

So I need to understand how you get obscene out of harassment, and what defines harassment.

I can't agree with you that the punishment isn't over the top, if it was just one or 2 lashings sure, no big deal. The fact that it was19 from her Father +1 from her mother equaling 20 is a bigger deal. Sorry I was typing my other reply quickly. "Hillary, now 23, writes that she'd decided to post the footage - which she'd been 'holding onto until the right time' - after receiving 'a barrage of harassment' in a phone call from her father."

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuminousCosmos

My only wish? That somebody would've called those "Nazi" police when my mom started the sexual abuse.

So why didn't you?

Are you not capable of pressing a simple 9-1-1 on the phone?

Call me confused.

Are you serious? All your posts I have this question: Are you serious? This one above all displays how MORONIC you are. Do you have any semblance of knowledge on battered person syndrome? Do you look any deeper than the surface problems?

To say "ignore whats happening to a defenseless child, no matter the harm coming to them, as long as its from their parents" is the most idiotic, non-human thing I've ever seen on these forums. You CANNOT advocate in one post against the bombing of children in countries all over the world, and then sit here and say "when that man rapes his 5 year old daughter, its none of my business".

You are a TERRIBLE person. WOW!

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
If the sixteen year old girl broke the house rules then she deserved the beating. Plus it will toughen her up for life in the real world. Besides the belt whipping did not look that harsh anyway, she's just a big crybaby.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
I think the girl videotaped it. You see her going to the computer as soon as he leaves the room saying do not touch the computer, and in the end you see her look rite into the webcam. I think she did not turn over, because she knew it would enrage the father, and wanted it on webcam. Also notice she only cried when the parents were in the room.

bs..she was crying when they weren't in there as well..a more quiet sob..

if she video taped it..so what?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
What a complete f*****g parasite, I'd love him to try that on me, complete scum, I'm absolutely raging after seeing that. I'm all for disciplining kids but that's just way OTT.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
So some people are saying they don't agree with this guy, but that he has the RIGHT to beat his daughter? Are you serious? She didn't make the choice to be his daughter, and she shouldn't have her personal liberties stripped from her because of it.

This is a violation of her rights as a person, and if you don't see that, then I don't understand you. How is this not criminal? Just because it is his child DOESN'T mean this is not a crime. It is. And when a crime occurs anywhere else in the country, what happens? You can be sentenced to death, and if that can happen, why can't someone tell you what not to do to your children?

It IS NOT about telling people what to do with their kids, it is about telling them what they CAN'T do. You CAN'T beat them, plain and simple. AND, I highly doubt this judge can control his anger against the people he tries in his courtroom, and I am sure there have been some excessive sentences because of his moral deficiency.

I suppose the girl filmed it...Probably, as that is the only valid explanation. If she felt she needed to film it, then it has probably happened before. She could want out of the home, as I know I would if I were getting beaten all the time. She could have uploaded it to the internet because she didn't know what else to do...? Or didn't have a way to go straight to the police, as maybe she doesn't drive. I doubt she could use the phone either, considering the Nazis she lives with.

It is obvious that there is not any love towards her in that house. How can someone see their daughter suffering like that, and just keep beating her. He knew he was doing more than spanking her, as he said, "I will keep beating you, if you dont"...So he is beating her into compliance. She obviously couldn't comply, and not do it again, right then and there, so why keep beating her? This is just disgusting.
edit on 11/2/11 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

How can it be my fault others are angry, but yet it's not the kids fault for making the father angry at her?

Nobody said it wasn't the kids fault that her father was angry. What ordinary and decent people are saying, which you're failing to understand, is that even if he's the angriest man in the world it wouldn't justify his response.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by annecares
reply to post by reeferman

wow, how about removing computer privileges instead of a beating? You obviously have never been beaten.

Exactly!!! There are many other ways of effectively disciplining your child than beating them.. and taking away privileges is one of them.

I really think beating a child is LAZY parenting, and only is helping them get out their aggression. The father in this video obviously wanted to hit her more..because he was enraged..and it felt good for him.. it wasn't about discipline at all.

These type parents care more about dealing with how they feel, than trying to spend the time to watch for and monitor privileges being taken away.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Epirus

Not my kids, not my responsibility.

It is my responsibility to hold the mob back from trying to strip parents of their rights to parent.

Who are you to say what is right for someone else's family?

How the hell is it your responsibility to "hold the mob back"? Who charged you as the holy crusader for tolerating torture in the guise of discipline. Man, I've read your posts on this thread and I have to say your views on child rearing are twisted. Just because you decide to have a kid doesn't mean you can do absolutely anything you see fit with that child. You earn yourself the opportunity to be a parent when you reproduce, but if you fail and or abuse that power, you should be held responsible and stripped of your parental rights until you learn a little respect for life.

I'll bet anything the girl being smacked around in the video put it out here, and that she was hoping it find its way to someone a little more socially responsible than you.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

Leeds Rhino's!

my cousin in you're avatar!

OP:

This video is fkin wrong. . i hope he gets arrested & bumbed in prison

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join