It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge William Adams beats daughter for using the Internet

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

No, what somewhat subdued people, and even those who love their parents but want it to end would do, is bring it up that they could always report them, and have some proof so don't ever do it again, kind of thing.

She released it after the statutory limits on criminal consequences were up I believe, so she really wants him to get better, and is scarred from this.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I was always told that the government has no business concerning what goes on in the bedroom. So am I to understand that this mantra no longer applies? If so, great, I hate hearing it repeated

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish614

you said obscene. I did not read that in the article.

Proof please. If it's just harassing, I need context. A, I don't think this punishment is over the top, and B, the reason was justified:laziness and not doing work.

So I need to understand how you get obscene out of harassment, and what defines harassment.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

No, what somewhat subdued people, and even those who love their parents but want it to end would do, is bring it up that they could always report them, and have some proof so don't ever do it again, kind of thing.

She released it after the statutory limits on criminal consequences were up I believe, so she really wants him to get better, and is scarred from this.

I think you are right unity...the girl hopes her father can get help-

Hillary, now 23, writes that she'd decided to post the footage - which she'd been 'holding onto until the right time' - after receiving 'a barrage of harassment' in a phone call from her father. From her Twitter account, she tweeted: 'Please spread the word that my father needs professional help and not hatred. We can offer him the tools to be a better person. 'It is my wish that people stop threatening my father and start offering professional help. That is what he really needs.' Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Scared from what? I'm told now by another poster that the father posted obscene things but cannot find proof. I wasn't scared by such things in childhood. Hell I don't exactly plan on being any different should my child turn out to be a sloth of the internet and neglecting his work.

Scares come from sexual abuse, abusing your child for your own problems, and various other things. Not from being punished for not doing your work.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Irish614

you said obscene. I did not read that in the article.

Proof please. If it's just harassing, I need context. A, I don't think this punishment is over the top, and B, the reason was justified:laziness and not doing work.

So I need to understand how you get obscene out of harassment, and what defines harassment.

The video shows abuse by most people's standards and the laws of my country. And its sickening.

I just read on another forum that when that poster was a teen and snuck out one night, he had everything but his bed and desk taken from his room, no tv, no computer, no cell phone. For over a month. Apparently it did the trick and I don't believe he has a fractured relationship with his parents either.

edit on 2-11-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Save your breath Ya'll. It has become obvious Muzzleflash isn't that interested in really discussing this. It must be much more fun to infuriate everyone instead.

**edit** Not that I think I deserve to be answered or replied to or anything, but I think I posed a couple very good questions to Muzzle trying to discuss subjective opinions on this matter but instead they are busy replying to the person that earlier claimed they would should muzzle in the face. So it is more important to be outraged by that percieved E-threat then to discuss actual things at hand. Maybe he is just really busy and hasn't gotten the time yet.
edit on 11/2/2011 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

**last edit** I apologized to Muzzle for jumping the gun and acting like a child. I apologize to rest of community too. I am embarrassed I made this post, but I won't delete it. I just wanted to clarify things.
edit on 11/2/2011 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

That is what people think of doing when they are being abused, is video it so they can stop the abuse.

She would have released it 7 years ago if it were to "stop" the punishment.

Instead, it appears she saved this for well beyond her 18th birthday as some form of leverage against her father.

or maybe she has finally had enough and just been able to summon up the courage to stand up to that beast.

link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

She has to reply "yes sir" and "yes ma'am"!!!!
If I was getting beatun up that way, there would quickly be a dead body in the house, either him or me.

"You don't f*cking deserve to be in this house"
Is that parental love??????

And her Mum trying to discharge herself (if that makes sense) in front of the dadm saying "I told her blablabla but she took a decision".
Simlpy disgusting parents.
edit on 2/11/2011 by KarmaComa because: added the comment about the mum (I had forgotten to write it down)

link   

you are wrong. we are all here to protect the children. Children are not the sole domain of parents with the rights to do anything to them they want - are you advocating child prostitution, child slavery, child murder (too expensive to feed)?? You need to take your thinking to the full circle and it clearly is not appropriate.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveandletlive
Most everyone is running to the “Childs” defense. My friend is a police officer. His 16 year old daughter back talks, sneaks out of the house at night, has sex with the local “thugs”, hangs out with drug attics and low life’s, skips school and is regularly brought home by the police. He doesn’t believe in “beating” children either by the way. She will be pregnant by 17, married twice by 25 and spend the rest of her life as a loser.
I’m sure the judge sees this sort of thing all the time. Everyone wants to defend a woman who has posted a 7 year old tape to make her father look like an ass. What’s her motivation? Any of you ever stop to consider that she is a smart mouth defiant little witch that continually disobeyed her parents and has a score to settle with her father? No No, she is a victim and he is an evil judge. Sounds better! I can easily imagine how frustrating it is to raise a defiant child.
Boundaries are critical in child development. Without them, children grow up to be disrespectful, selfish adults who think there owed something for nothing. Things that make you go hmmm….

She should be defiant, this young lady is old enough to decide what she does on the computer. I thank God I got a computer to do whatever I wanted on when I was young, it opened my eyes to the world.

And to your story- just because the cop doesn't beat her doesn't mean that's why she is like that. She is just reacting to the world she lives in her own way, thugs and drug dealers do a great deal of good to counter balance the police and governments control imo, and many of them are good and well intended people whether you want to believe it or not(there are a lot of really bad ones to, just like there are a lot of really bad judges).

If a parent needs to beat a child to force them to do things the way they want do them to, than the parent does not realize that their child is different than they are and it is a sad thing they can not respect that.

Shame on the Judge.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

wow, get a bible and get a conscious. if you were beaten as a child you would want someone to stop it.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

The statutory limits on this particular incident would be 6 months I believe.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

You said it was illegal. Directly.

No I didn't.

Is your argument that untenable that you have to tell a blatant, bare-faced lie to divert attention away from the shaky ground which you occupy ?

Here's my post in which you claimed that I lied:

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
Parents are responsible for the actions of their children, but they are not the authority who decides how they can or can't discipline their children. Children aren't property. Parents don't own their children. What's acceptable and non-acceptable treatment of a child is defined and authorised by society as a whole, not the parents.

If you logically follow the backward-ass arguments espoused by a staggeringly large number of posters on this thread, then it's perfectly ''acceptable'' for a parent to rape their child, if they decided that was the best ''correctional'' method. After all, it's not the gubmint's job to tell you how to raise your child, is it ?

Now please show me how I remotely - let alone ''directly'' - said that this was illegal ?

You won't be able to, because I never said it.

In addition, I had no idea that you were from Texas, so my donkey comment wasn't made as an ad hominem towards you.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

He's usually a really good poster, so it seems to me this relates to more of a concern for liberties being taken from us and NWO, though I don't want to second guess him. But there are many countries with higher standards of living than US, such as Sweden and Norway, that have more balance between freedom and cooperation/equality, but are not NWO, thats something beyond this case. However I understand feeling that this could be one of those "problem/reaction/solution" things. But its the wrong kind of case for that IMO.
edit on 2-11-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve
Save your breath Ya'll. It has become obvious Muzzleflash isn't that interested in really discussing this. It must be much more fun to infuriate everyone instead.

How is that? Please explain your position, why are you saying that?

I had no intention to infuriate anyone.

People choose their own anger and fury.

How can it be my fault others are angry, but yet it's not the kids fault for making the father angry at her?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
If it's not illegal, than I hope and believe justice will be taken in another way.

I'm am sure it is illegal though, it just depends what judge you ask I guess. (sorry for the pun)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Still clutching at straws I see.... There is a difference between threatening and telling you what would happen if you said you supported child beaters in person. Anyway quote it oh you can't because it was judged to only be off topic. So if I did threaten you, why am I still here?? So drop the i threatened you stance to gain stars. Though I should have known you would get scared easily by a person on the other side of the Pacific.

Anyway, you are so deluded and wrong about this whole thread it's not funny...

First let's start with your attack on my country and it's laws, by definition the father would be charged with child abuse with intent to cause physical harm, he hit her over 20 times with an object using excessive force.

Corporal punishment that results in bruising, marking or other injury lasting longer than a 24-hour period may be deemed to be "unreasonable" and thus classified as physical abuse. As an example, the New South Wales Crimes Act 1900 (NSW) establishes that corporal punishment is unreasonable if the force is applied to any part of the head or neck of a child or to any other part of the body of a child in such a way as to be likely to cause harm to a child that lasts for more than a short period. Corporal punishment that is unreasonable in the circumstances lead to intervention by police and/or child protection authorities.

Secondly you have no balls to tell your own kids that what you see in the video is appropriate and legal...

Shouldn't you teach them the law or are you that hypocritical that you just like to be fake here...

Thirdly.... You can't listen to me because I am right and I have continued to show you up for the last 7 hours now myself alone and along with many others. You look more and more out of league on this one as the debate rages on.

So really muzzleflash do you still support child beaters....?? Let's assess some of your famous quotes....

I am sorry but this kid in the video is the least of my worries. It's way over-blown.

I hope she's happy with herself. She is gonna regret this for the rest of her life.

she probably screamed and cried extra loud just for the camera to make it appear even worse.

Her releasing it on the internet 7 years later, a week after a huge argument with her dad on the phone (let me guess he cut her money off?) right before his election, shows the depth of her deceptiveness.

And last one is so stupid it makes me rage

She would have released it 7 years ago if it were to "stop" the punishment.

She couldn't release it because she was scared of her abusive father, which is further evidence of her fragile emotional state... And that he did continue to beat her...

She had cerebral palsy and he still abused her....

You are on such moral low ground right now... I do feel sorry for your kids.

edit on 2-11-2011 by OzTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
once again the below posts are alledgedly from the twitter account of the girl being attacked in the video;

shoeofallcosmos Hillary
Please spread the word that my father needs professional help and not hatred. We can offer him the tools to be a better person. #fb
3 minutes ago

Hillary
shoeofallcosmos Hillary
It is my wish that people stop threatening my father and start offering professional help. That is what he really needs.
6 minutes ago

twitter.com...#!/shoeofallcosmos

It's too late. She just signed her fathers death warrant.

I hope she's happy with herself. She is gonna regret this for the rest of her life.

People threatened me repetitively simply because I said wait, not so fast.
What do you think people will do to this man who was in the video?

He needs security for sure.
edit on 2-11-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

Yes he does now. I doubt her intent was to harm him. Just as I doubt his intent was to harm her. But, any judge has enemies, and she has just given them a powerful weapon against him. Unintended consequences abound....

Stay well.

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join