It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick of being ridiculed....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonco6
In this day and age I find it easy to plant the idea in their head and water it you would not belive how fast it grows if you dont dump to much info( or water) at once. I mean just asking them what they belive about any givin subject will usually make them rethink their position on anysubject and with any internet search they will be brought into the wonderfull world of conspiracy theories on their own in time all you got to do is make them think I mean isnt that how most of us made it here.

100% on the mark here.

Very good post jonco6. I like what I am seeing very much!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I know im not wrong on this...people are not seeing alien ships...they are seeing Youtube partnerships and donations. They are seeing what they want to. A sense of belonging is the main reason people push this nonsense.

There is a VERY small group of people who believe that aliens have anally probed them, come to them in dreams, abducted them, took them to their home planet, visited us etc.....they believe, they already made up their mind what they were experiencing before thinking about it logically.

Its fairly evident when looking at UFO [PROOF] videos on youtube. The person uploads the video of a plane flying towards them at night...there are airports in the close proximity...they are under a well known flight path...but because they see a bright light they then assume its aliens in a spaceship...because they are blinded by their faith.

Everyone is free to their own opinion, but if it can be proven wrong then their opinion is void, and makes no sense. But everyone is free to believe whatever they wish, regardless of the lack of evidence. Damn...billions of people believe in one sky fairy or another without an ounce of proof. Its just human nature i suppose, some are wired slightly different to others. Without the believers i think this site would be pretty boring.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by hoonsince89

Well, for starters could you please explain your views and what you are telling these people?
Are you talking about aliens? UFO's? WTC being hoaxed? End of the World 2012?

Because it really depends on the subject that you try to 'bring' to these people you know. Another tip, don't be on ATS a lot, a week off will settle your mind and focus on imortant stuff in your life as well. Take it in moderation honestly.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

You are confused. Having a public persona is not lying at all. At the end of the day you are who you are. Just because I choose to live in the real world where you have to protect your public image (a very basic idea from both sociology and psychology) does not make me and less honest than you are. It just makes me more aware. Its really just part of growing up and maturing. You have to realize that everyone is not going to accept you for who you are. With this information you can either pout and be a nonconformist or just face the reality of how things work and move on with your life. I choose to do the latter.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

You are confused. Having a public persona is not lying at all. At the end of the day you are who you are. Just because I choose to live in the real world where you have to protect your public image (a very basic idea from both sociology and psychology) does not make me and less honest than you are. It just makes me more aware. Its really just part of growing up and maturing. You have to realize that everyone is not going to accept you for who you are. With this information you can either pout and be a nonconformist or just face the reality of how things work and move on with your life. I choose to do the latter.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
You should try and do what I do, turn the tables on those ridiculing. Ridicule those who don't think there is something really bad going down. After all, these people who ridicule and both denialists and just plain stupid. Many of which IMHO are even a little psychologically unbalanced. They litterally cannot process the truth because their small minds cannot handle the truth, their brains tend to shut down.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

I know im not wrong on this...people are not seeing alien ships...

Sadly you have made a critical mental mistake.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, this is entirely fallacious.

What is on or not on Youtube has no bearing on what may exist or not exist outside of it, this is a error of transposition. It is an incorrect inference

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
You should try and do what I do, turn the tables on those ridiculing. Ridicule those who don't think there is something really bad going down. After all, these people who ridicule and both denialists and just plain stupid. Many of which IMHO are even a little psychologically unbalanced. They litterally cannot process the truth because their small minds cannot handle the truth, their brains tend to shut down.

It's better than letting them run all over you, that's for sure!

Keep fighting the mind war!!!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

think of it this way the more people you tell that ridicule you
the more people will get to hear what you told them its a way
of getting your say of things to others
as those that ridicule are the ones that do alot of talking
behind your back so more get to hear
hope fully some of those they tell will take notice
hope that makes sense i think it does

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Yeah, usually the ones that are quick to shoot you down on things like ufo's, nde, paranormal etc are too busy rushing off to get their palm read, ring a clairvoyant, read their & their partners horoscope religiously, all for advice,lol!

Thats when they're not watching vampires/wizards etc..

unless...............
You are a shill for the government!! (Hey your new & I'm paranoid!)
In that case, my ideas are ALWAYS well received, well respected & I can single-handedly change the opinions of EVERY unaware person that I meet.
My facebook page carries my influential power to the masses.
They all share my views now.....

edit on 1-11-2011 by jewells because: coz I thought he might be a shill! ; )

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I've been ridiculed for some of my conspiracy theories as well.

Most of the time, like many others, I will just avoid talking about such things with people I know will not be open minded enough to have a decent conversation.

However, I have been approached by people at work that I wouldn't normally talk to about ATS-type stuff who ask me up front about things like paranormal activity, UFOs, and government conspiracies. I actually had a great conversation with a coworker about GMOs most recently, and he was impressed by my knowledge about the various conspiracy theories. When discussing it with people I'm not too familiar with I'll give them a short version of what they want to know, throw in some facts and/or theories I've come across along the way and try not to push any ideas that might be outside their comfort zone.

I usually don't get any ridicule from others using that approach, and I can talk about 'crazy' subjects like aliens without my co-workers thinking I'm insane. They might think I'm a bit eccentric and laugh it off, but the fact is they listened to the information I gave them. If they are really interested, they'll look it up.

edit on 11/1/2011 by martianmallow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
The quick and ready solution is to simply keep your mouth shut.

That advice sounds cruel, right? But it is the best advice I can give. As a UFO abductee of many decades ago, I've learned that most people don't want to hear something they either don't understand or don't agree with.

I'll wager that if they all started spouting to you what they intensely believe about some subject, you would be turned off by their interest in their topics in most instances.

Yes, you may be a newly enlightened one. But get over the need to preach to others about what you have discovered. And as you reflect upon your need to do such preaching and why you are disturbed by the rejection of others, you may reflect upon whether it is their problem or your own. Looking at the statistical odds of that situation, I believe you would find that you were the one with the problem (which is outside of the "problem" you report.).

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Have you ever wondered where 'conspiracy theorists' get all their information from??

Have you ever wondered why we were given the internet??

It's such a clever twist that the very people who are going around trying to 'wake people up' are the very ones with their eyes closed. They are the ones who the elite are relying on to give them their revolution. So who are the 'sheeple' now?? I completely understand how you feel but the answer is to not try to 'wake people up' at all. That will cause more damage than you realise and you are playing into the elite's hands. The only thing we can do is do the opposite of what they want. So encourage people to throw away their televisions and all books and music made after 1936, educate their children at home, respect Christianity and their Muslim neighbours. The clever thing is you don't need to explain the plan for the New World Order to get them to do that.

The transcript of an interrogation of a Russian Bolshevik called 'Red Symphony' tells all about Communism and Capitalism and how both were created to make revolutions, I strongly recommend it to everybody.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
The one I get ridiculed most for is the idea of alternative cures. People are so entrenched in the medical/pharma industry.
They love their visits to the doctor and they really love talking about and comparing their prescriptions.
We own a small business in a small town and everyone knows everyone and I see this all the time.
I get funny looks all the time, but they seem more open to ET landing than the idea that in a lot of cases we can heal ourselves.

On the other hand, I'm pleasantly surprised sometimes. Usually by the older folks. I'm 50, so I do mean older. These people have kids my age.
I went out to smoke at work the other night and I was joined by one of older customers. I was looking at the sky and he asked me what I was looking at and I said "I'm waiting for my ride" and he immediately started telling me about the huge UFO he saw when he was young.

Another day, an older lady walked in and started talking about how weird the weather had been. Then she looked right at me and asked "Do you know about HAARP?"

One other example is an older gentleman who gripes about the FED and bankers, chemtrails, depopulation and several other topics and sounds like he could be posting on some of these sites.

Of course, these folks are the minority and the rest of the time I get to listen to sheeple-speak until I could throw up, but the aware are out there and sometimes they're the ones we least suspect.

As for the ridicule. I don't care. I don't push my beliefs, but if someone brings something up, I tell them exactly what I think or know and they can take it or leave it.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MagentaRose

Eventually you either convert them, or shut them down. But you can get the label if you push it on everyone. Whatever works for you. If you're strong enough maybe you'll find more people like yourself and then it will be more than you talking. Who knows. Good luck in any case.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoonsince89

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
I guess it all depends on what kind of conspiracies you have been pushing on people.......

If youre telling them alien reptoids are pulling all their strings and if theyd just go to youtube and look, well yeah they might be looking at you pretty odd........

Care to share what youve been telling them?

LOL nah nothing about reptoids!!

-Basically trying to get people to not agree in their existence but ponder the possibility of "aliens/ufo's" existing.
Example, a couple weeks ago we were talking about ufo's at work and their all like nah nah i don't believe in that stuff and 5 seconds later 1 flew past in the sky. it was quite funny, they still didn't believe it???

-That spirits exist, as i have been in contact with them many times.

-That the government is a corrupt money thieving demon that sucks the life out of you anyway possible.

-Fluoride is not in water to benefit your teeth.

And that's bout it really...

haha those are the most reasonable topics i think everyone should be aware about. But it makes me glad reading this knowing im not alone... seriously ive gotten to a point amongst my friends where they almost always pull the "oh no not the conspiracies again" card. And im just like ... are you serious?

Do you know how bad were getting *&%$ed over and if i were to throw on some dumb chick flick you would pay attention for hours. Sad but true... at least it seems the tides are slowly turning... i can feel it in the air, and the OWS movement is just one of the signs. IMO patience is key: we are in the quiet before the storm and soon all will be revealed for everyone to see the truth
edit on 1-11-2011 by seenavv because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

It comes with the territory. If you're going to talk about crazy theories with no foundation in evidence, people are going to treat you like a crazy, irrational person. Rightly so, doesn't anyone appreciate logic and the scientific method anymore?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I don't believe every conspiracy. That's my first way of coping. I only believe the ones that I research myself and find evidence for.

Then I discuss it. Sure.

And no one believes me. Sure.
And I'm a nut. Sure.

Then in 6 months or a year or two, when what I said would happen - happens. I say "Well you know I told you so."

OR, people stop me in the grocery store and apologize to me "I am so sorry, I owe you an apology. When you said that cell phones could get viruses I thought you were a total nut job lunatic. Then my cell phone got one and it ruined it but I felt guilty for thinking you were crazy the whole week and I've wanted to tell you I'm sorry, I wasn't fair to you."

Really, people I barely know apologizing to me or saying "I should have listened to you" happens to me every month or two.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Oh I know what will help you. Someone made an awesome thread and youtube vid that they use as an aid to show the sheeple or MSM [main stream media] people what is really going on.

I’ll try looking for it for you, though Im no good with search, if someone else remembers the thread can you link it for the OP please.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Let's do the checklist here:

1) Money is more important than anything else - check
2) Wearing a mask is good because conformity is good - check.
3) What others think of you matters more than what you think - check.
4) You can be a totally different person when you are at home - check.

Sounds like case of multiple personality disorder to me. A severe mental illness. It's made even worse by all of the excuses and reinforcements applied to protect it.

Your cocky ego has overstepped its boundaries here I'm afraid. A "case" of multiple personality disorder, which is now called Dissociative Identity Disorder is, quite frankly, nothing like what you've listed here. The symptoms of D.I.D. include:

• the presence of two or more distinct identities
• all of these identities exhibit individual control of the personality
• the loss of the ability to recall basic personal information
• multiple variations on memories of events
• severe physical, sexual, or emotional trauma as a child

Now, compare this diagnosis to your diagnosis. Money having importance... not at all a symptom of D.I.D. Wanting to conform to societal standard... not a symptom. Giving the opinion of others' equal weight to your own... not a symptom. Having a social, working, and private life which all feature different factors... not a symptom of D.I.D.

You, Muzzelflash, are wrong. I find your obvious ignorance of the medical condition which you purport to diagnose very telling. In short, you don't know what you're talking about, so instead of being civil about it you decide to try and accuse another user of grave mental disabilities. Then you fall on your face when it comes to properly diagnosing them.

Way to go!

~ Wandering Scribe

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join