It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick of being ridiculed....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Hello fellow ATS members.
I have been lurking around here for a few weeks and something has finally come to mind i think is worthy of its own post. Basically, i began awakening to the world current situations some time ago and my life has not stopped changing since. My interests have changed, along with my friends and even my personality is completely different (so my girlfriend says).
I have been trying to make people realize what they are doing and open their minds to certain events but that all seem so damn close minded.
I cant even go to work now without someone saying "oh don't listen to that guy", "him and his conspiracy's"
And even my mother "I told you those magic mushrooms would turn you into a spastic"

Don't get me wrong some people have considered some of the things I've said but 95% of the time i recieve negativity back almost like I'm being slandered by the government.
To be honest I'm over it, I am considering letting them all just live in "La La Land"

I am just interested on your thoughts and how you cope being a "conspiracy theorist" in general society???

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by hoonsince89

Yes it happens to many..

I think there are a few good threads that address this issue..

I suggest you do a quick search for them..

Personally I mostly keep my opinions to myself and only discuss things with people I consider to be open enough to listen..
Even then I take the "go slow" approach rather than rant and rave..

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
LOL @ what your Mum said! nice one Mum!

I think discretion is needed. I can kinda tell who is open to stuff and who isn't. I don't waste my time with the isnt.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Listen. Screw what other people think. Do what you can live with, try not to hurt people, and move on! Ignore the people living in whatever version of denial is! As long as you're open to new information, and really think you're doing right after considering the options...

you most likely are.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I guess it all depends on what kind of conspiracies you have been pushing on people.......

If youre telling them alien reptoids are pulling all their strings and if theyd just go to youtube and look, well yeah they might be looking at you pretty odd........

Care to share what youve been telling them?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I know that feeling xD talk to someone about aliens, 90% of people will tell you they have questions. if you go on to explain how antigravity works they probably do this --> O-o

the trouble is explaining things as such without sounding like a mentalist, i've learned that its better to let most of it go in 'normal' situations, if you get to do a presentation about something in college for example, instead of talking about your favourite car you could talk about the facts known about roswell, or even the mathematical formula which predicts millions of other species in the universe. most people are still going to dismiss it, and science tutors -_- need to actually do some homework themselves.

this isn't a specific example, simply some of the issues with the societal dogma against the supernatural. if its real its not supernatural, but its so bizzare people must be scared. I mean if jow blow admited aliens are real, I don't think people would drive at night. not until we got real answers.

anyways im done here, fear not the words of others, fear only the alternative if your wrong. its a logical step to wonder what if the other side of the coin is right aswell, neither should be ridiculed with great scrutiny, especially without fact or thought.

(the reason I say the above is that I heard a 'debate' about cesarian sections on the radio yesterday, and the host was ridiculing someone from the medical community, that 4 cesarians is a viable option for choice, and I was sat there thinking, wow. your a woman for one, and even I could tell you 4 operations of any kind by choice is stupid, less is better, one screw up and you could -die- >_> why shout at someone that they are incorrect before they can even get to the facts (cutting them off midsentance) im sick of those sorts of 'debates', its so biased that you give up caring about it and go about your day, instead of solving the issues.)
edit on 1/11/2011 by whatsinaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
I guess it all depends on what kind of conspiracies you have been pushing on people.......

If youre telling them alien reptoids are pulling all their strings and if theyd just go to youtube and look, well yeah they might be looking at you pretty odd........

Care to share what youve been telling them?

LOL nah nothing about reptoids!!

-Basically trying to get people to not agree in their existence but ponder the possibility of "aliens/ufo's" existing.
Example, a couple weeks ago we were talking about ufo's at work and their all like nah nah i don't believe in that stuff and 5 seconds later 1 flew past in the sky. it was quite funny, they still didn't believe it???

-That spirits exist, as i have been in contact with them many times.

-That the government is a corrupt money thieving demon that sucks the life out of you anyway possible.

-Fluoride is not in water to benefit your teeth.

And that's bout it really...

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Ah yes, haven´t we all been there.....and you´re late in the game, imagine the amount of ridicule and non belief one received talking about this stuff years back, when everything still seemed fine.

After a while you just have to give up on it, just try to release little tidbits and if people seem interested do your thing, if not abort, it will save you a lot of trouble.

Stuff like this makes you realize that the problem actually lies with the people, as long as they remain uninterested and willingly ignorant we will always be screwed by TPTB.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

I think you just need to censor yourself. I mean every thought you have is not meant for public consumption. Some things you keep to yourself until you can gauge how open they are to discuss whatever topic may be on your mind. Usually, if you are around someone enough they'll say something which can lead down the road to the more fringe topics, but even then you have to be careful not to go too deep or they'll think you're nuts. Which seems to be what happening now. If they have not done the research you cannot expect them to understand. Says nothing about you though, speaks volumes about them.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Most people learn better than to insult me, I will twist and turn their own words against them.

I could have been a lawyer, a good one. But instead I choose to do the right thing and search for the truth and help others find it, or thrust it upon them.

I guess I still am an attorney in a way, but I represent the unrepresented, I stand for those who cannot stand, and I will speak for those who have no voice. I charge nothing for my deeds, because I am aware that my actions will bring benefits to not just me, but to everyone down on their luck, which will double or quadruple my own benefits and improve my own luck.

You would be amazed how easy it is to turn everything upside down on folks who don't give a crap about the world around them or turn a blind eye to the suffering of their fellow man.

The truth is ultimate, and no matter how many ways they can try to discredit it, there are always 100 ways to defeat their petty attempts.

Know this. Think quickly and apply wit. Twist their own words against them. Show them how they contradict themselves.

Sure, the person you are scolding may not realize what is happening, but those around you will see that you have your act together, make good points, and use facts to back it up.

At the very least, they would think twice before insulting you to your face. They may still insult you, but will keep it private and in whispers, due to the severe repercussions they would face such as embarrassment, which is the worst possible punishment to people in this sick and selfish 'society'.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal

I think you just need to censor yourself. I mean every thought you have is not meant for public consumption. Some things you keep to yourself until you can gauge how open they are to discuss whatever topic may be on your mind. Usually, if you are around someone enough they'll say something which can lead down the road to the more fringe topics, but even then you have to be careful not to go too deep or they'll think you're nuts. Which seems to be what happening now. If they have not done the research you cannot expect them to understand. Says nothing about you though, speaks volumes about them.

Who cares if people think you are nuts? It's easily provable scientifically that they are nuts too! And we could label them with a dozen fictitious disorders (that the ignorant believe in), this battle is easily won. That's pointless however .

I do agree that you should observe others, question them, and gauge their personality/ideology before you start telling them things, but this works for virtually all social contact you will ever have in life. You have to think things through a bit, sure.

But I would never agree that anyone should censor themselves of incredibly important subjects like these discussed here. Ever.

That's what they want us to do, feel so afraid of ridicule that we will close our mouths and shut up till we die!
It's a trap, 100%.

Seriously who cares what other people think about you? They are already so misinformed and brain dead that they don't even really have opinions to begin with, so the credibility of their insults is nil.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Oooh yea we are all scared of you dude

You couldnt possibly be wrong could you lol :p

Twist it anyway you like

ON TOPIC..to the OP

.....most of the population dont believe in aliens visiting, the reason being...there is no proof

I can debunk most UFO videos/pictures, and if i cant there are plenty of other people who can. For some, a plane at night is a UFO...for others its a crane with lights on that they call UFO's.

I find it funny when people present footage of a "ufo" without doing a bit of research into the video. This is the downfall for most believers (those with faith).

Im sure when you are on your death bed there will still be NO proof of ET visitations. Its a good money spinner, and its good entertainment...but its far from fact.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

People don't want to be part of a one sided conversation. You need to be slightly open to an idea before you take another persons opinion, especially when it contradicts mainstream belief. More important how ''colorful'' you present your speculations may be off-putting, people generally don't like opinions shoved down their throats (unless they asked, in which case they actually want to know what you have to say). I suggest reading people at face value before you talk about something not everyone may be willing to believe. (no matter how correct you may be.)

If people don't want to evaluate what happens around them, o well let it go, not worth your time anyway. Very valiant of you, but you can't save the world.....take ATS (or any site with a comments section) for example. You can talk about something completely true, with fact, sources,ect. yet some troll still finds you and bashes your comments with absolutely nadda to back them up.(Mind you the people on here are self proclaimed ''open minded'' yet you still see alot of jackholes clogging up the works of an otherwise good conversation)
edit on 1-11-2011 by PutAQuarterIn because: Thought of more to write.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
If you're interested in bothering OP.

Drop hints, like "What do you think of the economy?" or "What do you think of education?" or "What's with all the people getting cancer and diabetes?"

Then you slowly bring out the ideas, small at first, until you get the "WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!?" response. Then you stop. It's gradual.

I realize time is short, but it's the best method especially vs. the public.
edit on 1-11-2011 by thejlxc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Meh, well I will put it this way. I live in a world where I need to make a living. Part of me making a living hinges upon me having a positive public image. I mean if I went into my place of work and started talking about aliens outside of the common topic of "do you think they exist" it would probably ruin my career. If I went into work and started telling everyone how I believe religions are stupid, it would probably ruin my career. You do not broadcast everything that you believe to everyone you meet.

You have your public image which is the mask you wear day to day. And then you have who you really are which only your closest friends and family should be privy to. I mean this is a very basic lesson which most people learn in high school. The way people judge each other pretty much stays the same from that point on and for the rest of your life. If you want to make something out of yourself through the conventional means you dont go around telling random people everything you think. Thats just life.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

Twist it anyway you like

Being wrong or right about a specific isn't really that central of a point.

The point is what are you made of? Are you callous and disrespectful to other humans? Or do you actually care about people who are totally screwed?

Are you open to information, investigation, and can you accept the facts when they finally reveal themselves? Or are you here just to push an agenda to prop up your own ego?

You can shoot my ego all you want, in fact I'll shoot it with you just to show you how to do it right.

Nothing wrong with being wrong friend. What's wrong is when people who won't ever admit to it when it's a proven fact.

You should never feel bad if you realize you were wrong about something, in fact it's a virtue not a vice. If you don't realize when you are wrong you will never learn how to correct yourself and improve your knowledge and capacity.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal

You have your public image which is the mask you wear day to day. And then you have who you really are which only your closest friends and family should be privy to.

I don't have one of those masks. I got rid of that garbage a long time ago.

Let's do the checklist here:

1) Money is more important than anything else - check
2) Wearing a mask is good because conformity is good - check.
3) What others think of you matters more than what you think - check.
4) You can be a totally different person when you are at home - check.

Sounds like case of multiple personality disorder to me. A severe mental illness. It's made even worse by all of the excuses and reinforcements applied to protect it.

I would rather be poor and honest, than rich and a liar.

You know what bothers me the most ?? People who go to work and become a freaking mindless robot that just follows orders and grovels for a paycheck. They are willing to commit any heinous act in the name of their company in order to keep their jobs.

Maybe some jobs aren't worth having. Maybe some lies aren't worth living?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by thejlxc
If you're interested in bothering OP.

Drop hints, like "What do you think of the economy?" or "What do you think of education?" or "What's with all the people getting cancer and diabetes?"

Then you slowly bring out the ideas, small at first, until you get the "WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!?" response. Then you stop. It's gradual.

I realize time is short, but it's the best method especially vs. the public.
edit on 1-11-2011 by thejlxc because: (no reason given)

Agreed totally.

Work your way in, ask around to find out what the playing field is like.

Calculate a strategy.

And most of all, like thejlxc said , ask questions.

Simply asking questions is perhaps the most powerful and potent way to change someone's mind or open their mind. Why? Because you let them answer it themselves. Eventually the brainwashing and lies will collapse under the weight of good questions. And they will convert themselves due to common sense finally overriding the illogical conditioning TV and institutions have embedded within our minds.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
In this day and age I find it easy to plant the idea in their head and water it you would not belive how fast it grows if you dont dump to much info( or water) at once. I mean just asking them what they belive about any givin subject will usually make them rethink their position on anysubject and with any internet search they will be brought into the wonderfull world of conspiracy theories on their own in time all you got to do is make them think I mean isnt that how most of us made it here. It is usually eaiser to start with odd happenings as they will slowly drive them for outside opinions. Don't start with aliens and ghosts or things that have become or are labled crazy by the media that type of brain washing takes a while to where off. I would say start slowly with things that where reported by the media that you can find proof that it did not happen as it was reported their first reaction will be to try to find the proof you describe ( to prove your wrong ) ie video of the v school board shooting etc this one works well as they said he shot him self but the video clearly shows someone from off camera unloading on him, once they feel they are being lied to they will be more likely to ignor that sorce of the lables etc...

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

Twist it anyway you like

I want to make an example of this post actually, but I will not utilize the same tactic you did.

OP says "I get ridiculed", I reply "fight back and they won't ridicule so quickly", and then you decide to post a ridicule based statement "ohhh so scary".

Come on now. Ridiculing someone in a thread about how ridicule is bad.

----- That's how you twist it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join