It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone has a Powerful Ability: What is Yours?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

I think the lame feeling comes from our want to control the ego. We feel like all humans are created equal, like anyone could be a medium if they tried, yet noone seems to be able to be a medium, if they are they are usually charlatans. It may bring you doubt, 'am I one of THOSE people?' going around saying they channel this or that to make others think they are special.

I believe you are a medium because I have seen the epicness of human ability and no longer doubt when people make claims such as this. I still retain my skepticism, but I only use it when I start seeing crazy claims with no reasonable proof or when money is involved.

Personally, I have had one experience with either spirits or hallucinations, I can't say for sure which. I felt two shadows over me and I had a sudden feeling that they were trying to show me something. I felt so REAL, like I had woken up out of being awake. I was calm during the experience, but reflecting on it afterwards terrified me. You have another special ability I can see now, you are brave beyond normal bravery. To continue to medium spirits or entities is something that takes otherworldly courage, to a normal person it could smash their paradigm and drive them mad. Keep up the epicness friend!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Sorry, humans do NOT have ANY paranormal abilities... That is the reality, and the truth.

There are higher entities than humans who can "share" things with some of us.

That said, I am likely the best person on earth, and should be world champion at doing absolutely NOTHING, whenever possible.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Well, when you are on a site like this, and you tell people what you are, the first responses are always things like "It's not right to advertise your ability" or insinuating that I am here trying to pick up clients or whatever.

Just for the record, I do not give out personal readings, I know eventually it will be asked too by someone, lots of people usually. It sucks when all you want to do is try to figure things out, but everyone wants you to figure their thing out even though you don't have your own thing figured out.

It is like people want you to feel guilty because of it.
I personally think it is a beautiful thing when it happens.
The feeling of connection to the spirit realm and the living and the tears of joy at contact, there is almost no feeling like it. When it happens you just know it is right. It is a beautiful thing most of the time.

I am a mental medium, I see things in my head most of the time although every psychic/spirit encounter is different, most of the time I see it in my head like a painter sees his painting. That is the best analogy I have been able to come up with to sum up how it works for me.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

That is a false statement

But only you can prove that to yourself.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I can accept this. Anything we have as humans, like simply being alive, is a gift to us, from the universe. That's why I used the word gift so much. Whether you have a power that comes from the universe or from your meaty human body, the results are the same. I know it is a bit arrogent to call them special powers or abilities, but I needed to emphasize the epicness of these gifts.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I had to reread that,
my ego was inflating LOL!!

Sorry about that. I misunderstood the post.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Mine is to recognize and challenge b.s. upfront before having to even put waders on.

If everyone approached life in this manner, it would save us all a lot of "fishing' expeditions. In no way should life ever have to encoumpass wading through crap to get to the heart of any matter.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MemeticHarvest

I have no problem at all with skepticism.
Only a problem with cynicism.

Being skeptical is VITAL in spirit matters or anything else that sounds "to good to be true".
I am my own worst skeptic.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71

From your perspective it would have to be false.... The kind of stuff you believe you have does not inherently exist or develop within any human, and any person who claims to have these paranormal abilities, is either suffering from a mental condition, or using it to exploit the gullibility of others. People can be very intuitive, clever and develop a line of questioning that can achieve a desired result, in your case that would be "reading" someone, and then attempt to advise them based on things you think you know about them.. It requires no gift or talent.

Someone who is truly "gifted" will never claim to be, nor exploit that gift for any gain, including drawing attention to themselves...

Sorry to be blunt, but that is the truth... As I see it.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Originally posted by Darkblade71

Someone who is truly "gifted" will never claim to be, nor exploit that gift for any gain, including drawing attention to themselves...

Sorry to be blunt, but that is the truth... As I see it.

Perhaps you should know why I am here then.
I am bored. I am unemployed and killing time. I am not worried about drawing attention to myself, I want to draw attention to myself.
Why?

Because there are other people like me out there who do what I do, only they are much more experienced than I. As I try to understand what the spirit world throws at me, I seek out information from like minded people who have experienced what I have. Believe it or not, I do find that here among all of the threads.

I also want to draw attention to not so much myself, but to the spirit world. There are so many people out there who are so lost in their grief and suffering due to loss and tragedy, and they do not have to be that way. They can contact the spirit world on their own, part of what I have always done is try to teach ways to contact departed loved ones, so that people get closure.

I was a volunteer for many years working with grieving people, trying to bring some peace to them until they were able to get the contact that would help lesson the burden of loss.

I do not hide what I do, I am proud of who I am and what I do. I am honored that I am able to do what I do when it happens.

Your reply is exactly why a lot of people like me shy away from the public eye. I however have the hide of a rhino, and the sensitivity of a deer, so although I am hesitant on some posts, I know that in the end, what anyone thinks and feels about me does not matter, I am confident in myself and my way with spirit.

I want to share with the world, because maybe someone else will be able to do what I do because of it.
I don't understand a lot of things, I am 40 years old and still learning.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Okay, then lets make it clear... If you have this ability to bridge the gap between this world and the spirit world as you claim... Tell me about any one of my past on closest relatives.

Surely if you have this gift that would be simple, especially if you are truly "connected" after all, it's all energy even in digital form here... Tune in and tell me about the person I want to know about that died some time ago.

Of course, you're going to tell me that it has to happen when the time is right, or that it comes and goes when the time is right... right?

Or perhaps you need more information, and need to do a "reading" of me before you can contact the dead for me.

You see, either you have it, or you don't ... It doesn't come and go, and then return only when the time is right.

I would love for you to prove me wrong here.

Go for it.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
My powerful ability is to instantly smell BS,

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent
My powerful ability is to instantly smell BS,

My powerful ability is to instantly second that

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
LOL!

So you are calling me out...

Figures....and is why people like me don't admit things openly, because the CYNICS will come calling and make me prove myself. Whatever.

I will put my neck out on the line for you?

Ok........

This is for entertainment purposes only:

I see a small girl about the age of 7-9ish, she has long dark hair.
I also see a small dog, golden in color, very small.
I see a snowy field with pine trees,
perhaps sledding...
or possibly skiing.

If that meaning anything to you, then let me know, if not,let everyone know and oh well. *shrug*
Those were the images that came to my mind.

Just so you know, it is not an exact thing, but, when it works for me, it works very well. Even if I am wrong with you, I have been right with many others personally who I have worked with in my regular daily 9/5 jobs.

However, you will never be 100% with everyone. Even I know that.
But your image did come through very well.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

No I wasn't calling you out, you opened the door here... and I am genuinely interested in finding someone else with any verifiable abilities, so far, no such person exists.

At least you tried.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Thanks for asking me to try

Perhaps it will come to you later, I find that is a normal occurrence.

Anyways, it felt like being called out

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I just feel like the OP is misleading on the word "powerful". People do can and have developed natural habits and skills that they have become so accustomed and conditioned to, that it can be done with little to no effort or planning. With that, you could say that have a special ability, because of the amount of time that is really invested in it. However, special or powerful in the sense you are born with it, I think the number of people significantly drops off, and Im talking about savants, autism and yes even psychics (even though psychic have been demonized from scam artists) - But I don't rule out people that consistently experience clairvoyance.

I would throw in empaths but I really just think they are psychic. Everyone has an empathetic ability, and I think when people think theirs is more able than others, I'm always curious how they know? I just think some people prefer to believe that their empathy is unique.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by juveous

I agree with you.

2nd line

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

You know, there were times in my life, that i was actually nearly convinced that I have some weird ability in me. I often knew what some person would say just before it was said, and I mean things completely unconnected with previous topic of conversation, my dreams were often coming true next day, not literally but I found myself in places and situations exactly pictured during dreaming. I also had this weird ability, when I thought intensively about some person, whom I havent seen for ages, and then seeing him 5-10 mins later. I can literally sense someones mood, without even sharing a word, no matter how hard this person is trying to disguise it. Few times it actually brought me into troubles, when I said too much, and people were growing supicious of me. And you know what? It's normal, that's how we're built by Nature/God (exactly same thing to me). Some people manifest it more strongly than others. But neither I am special, nor you. It's what we are.
reply to post by stainlesssteelrat

Ha! I never said I was "special" and for those of you thinking being sensitive to others is something everyone possesses is simply, mistaken. Maybe you have not met many people in your life. I know a lot of people who are nothing like me. We are all different. Everyone has something another does not have. This is how we are built.

So what is your ability??
edit on 29-10-2011 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by juveous
I just feel like the OP is misleading on the word "powerful". People do can and have developed natural habits and skills that they have become so accustomed and conditioned to, that it can be done with little to no effort or planning. With that, you could say that have a special ability, because of the amount of time that is really invested in it. However, special or powerful in the sense you are born with it, I think the number of people significantly drops off, and Im talking about savants, autism and yes even psychics (even though psychic have been demonized from scam artists) - But I don't rule out people that consistently experience clairvoyance.

I would throw in empaths but I really just think they are psychic. Everyone has an empathetic ability, and I think when people think theirs is more able than others, I'm always curious how they know? I just think some people prefer to believe that their empathy is unique.

The Op did not use words you would use because he is different.
You have the right to your opinion just as everyone else.

Here is my opinion in regards to your last paragraph. Everyone is not empathetic. I have met a lot of people over the years who are far from having any empathy whatsoever. This is how I know some people just know theirs are more powerful than anothers because you sense and feel others who are as cold as ice. No empathy, no sensitivity at all and has no clue. Most people like this are very self centered, egotistical, and very selfish. The more one becomes self knowing, I think the more sensitive they become. Some people are just born with it.

If you think some people prefer to believe their empathy is unique over another (maybe myself included) ....judge away with your predetermined notion because it still doesn't change the facts.

I never did see in your post your contribution to the threads title. Did I miss something?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join