It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone has a Powerful Ability: What is Yours?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I always knew everyone had a gifted ability, I just never realized how powerful these gifts were until I started looking.

I'll start with my ability and why I didn't realize it was such a gift, then I'll tell about another ability that someone else has that I have identified. This thread is for us to post our special abilities, and abilities we have seen in others. There are degrees of everyones ability, and lots of people have multiple ability, or one huge ability that makes it seem like they have lots of gifted abilities (the jack of all trades)

How I realized my gift: A few days ago I posted How to Master Time, and I got poor responses, so I tried to figure out what the universe was communicating with me through that. I realized that people simply thought I was ego bragging (really I just like to tinker with my thinker), and now I see why. It was as if a chameleon came here and posted How to Change Color. It would reach an extremely limited audience because it is not something just anyone can do, even with the proper instructions. I started to realize just how epic my gift was, and I knew that everyone is different, and everyone must possess such a gift or ability. So I tried to use my ability, thinking too much, to identify other's ability.

The other gift: As we should all know by now, hurt people hurt people and healed people healed people. This girl who is friends with our family, she has seen nothing but hurt her whole life. Rediculous hurt from her own family, from strangers, from institutions. She tells stories about it, and really I think if she could remember it all it would fill a thousand pages. But I have never seen her once, not ONCE, transfer the hurt to others. She is the hurt healer. She healed those that hurt her, perhaps not fully but some, she even helped heal me some days for no reason at all. Nothing to gain, refuses payment. She went to college and found a petshop there that was filthy and dying. Dying fish, sick animals, hurt business, hurt owner. She healed the whole damn thing in a few weeks. She works there now, motivating her boss. That is way more epic than my gift on so many levels.

Now that you are seeing the scale of these epic special abilities people carry, examine your own life and others around you and try to see what their ability is. It is sad because most people never realize their ability. Too much mercury in their fillings, too much aluminum in their vaccinations, too much flouride in their body, too much fear, apathy, hurt, and ignorance in their mind, and a huge ego waging war on their very consciousness. Don't be fooled by this, we ALL have special abilities, no matter how messed up or worthless you see yourself or others.

So if you have awareness, use it to see the epic abilities in people and let them know they have it, because chances are they don't even realize it, they are tricky to identify but become obvious once you do. And by the way, we share subconscious thought, so if you find someone with a great ability hang around them a while and pay attention, you might just pick up a new ability yourself

Think you for your time.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I didn't quite understand what your ability is..

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I agree with you with regards to everyone having an ability. Most people live in enviroments where it is frowned upon to talk about such things and so they really never act upon their intuition and embrace what the universe has given them. I grew up in a wacky house hold where its normal to talk about such things so I can fully aprieciate what you are trying to say. Well done for being brave enough to talk about it.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MemeticHarvest

Nice OP, made me cry. I think my ability is centred around empathy and understanding.

I hope you tell your friend how much you value her.

Namaste

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Riiight

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Hi again Op,

I think my ability is to sense what others feel and think. I am very sensitive to others and so is my boyfriend. The intent of another may fool someone but it doesn't us, therefore he and I are always on the same page because we know the other that well. When we are in a room with other people it is like the sense of their feelings is felt and their thoughts is not something that is heard....I can just feel it. I am not sure if this makes sense but ...I think if I have any gift...that is it.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas
I didn't quite understand what your ability is..

I think he said he thinks to much, thats what his ability is from what I could gather.

Interesting thoughts! I believe we all have a special ability too! One at least, sometimes several.

When I was younger I used to read a lot of Piers Anthony, His Xanth series was awesome. In that series, every person born within the land of Xanth has ONE special ability. Some were stronger than others, but everyone had one. It was a great read as far as fiction/fantasy goes, but like a lot of books, I believe that he was trying to impart wisdom upon his readers, that we are all special, with special talents, and even the smallest of talents can make a world of difference.

I get what you are saying and I agree.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
I think my ability is to sense what others feel and think. I am very sensitive to others and so is my boyfriend. The intent of another may fool someone but it doesn't us, therefore he and I are always on the same page because we know the other that well. When we are in a room with other people it is like the sense of their feelings is felt and their thoughts is not something that is heard....I can just feel it. I am not sure if this makes sense but ...I think if I have any gift...that is it.

You know, there were times in my life, that i was actually nearly convinced that I have some weird ability in me.
I often knew what some person would say just before it was said, and I mean things completely unconnected with previous topic of conversation, my dreams were often coming true next day, not literally but I found myself in places and situations exactly pictured during dreaming. I also had this weird ability, when I thought intensively about some person, whom I havent seen for ages, and then seeing him 5-10 mins later.
I can literally sense someones mood, without even sharing a word, no matter how hard this person is trying to disguise it.
Few times it actually brought me into troubles, when I said too much, and people were growing supicious of me.

And you know what? It's normal, that's how we're built by Nature/God (exactly same thing to me).
Some people manifest it more strongly than others.
But neither I am special, nor you. It's what we are.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

A lot of people are too wrapped up in the physical world. They are ambitious, busy and succsessful. Seemingly, the only desire in their heart is to acquire more money and things. That is their gift and their reward. They are not aware or in tune with anything "unseen". Their nose is to the ground.

People with more inclination to the spirit seek out matters of the spirit which includes what you referred to as a "gift." Your friends gift is wonderful. I think they call it empathic? Thats a real gift. And it comes thru her as it were without even her control? Its just this blessing that flows to others in her presence.
Wish I had that one. Mine is mediocre. I interpret stuff like dreams, events and scripture (sometimes). That is more difficult to quantify because there is always room for doubt on both parties part. Its also a lot harder to put into words.

Edit: I also would like to add that I think these "gifts" come to us or flow thru us, as it were, from somewhere outside ourself. Like your friend may not know exactly how her gift works or how to control it but just goes along for "the ride", in awe?
edit on 29-10-2011 by intrptr because: additional...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
My ability is simple.
If there is a lego piece ANYWHERE in the house, I will step on it. Usually around 4 in the moning.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

LOL!

That's why I banned legos from my house for years!

But I question, is it you who finds the lego, or is the lego who finds you?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Yes my friend doesn't even realize she has this incredible gift (she thinks she is just doing what she has to in order to survive and make her life better, kinda like 'im just doing the same thing everyone else is'), she is young, even younger than me. I'm in the process of revealing it to her. She cought up in the world so it is difficult to explain some things. I don't like disturbing peoples paradigms too much, so I try to explain things in terms of love and motivation and achievement instead of metaphysics and higher consciousness and connected subconscious.

I see more and more empaths these days, getting stronger too. I can extrapolate this and see, some of you have this power where you can communicate with a person by watching their body language, not just nose touching and psychological cliches but i think some of you guys see the whole movement of the body, the cells, the blood, dialation of eyes or veins, hydration, every twitch and tremor. Simply hearing someones conscious thoughts is useful but somewhat primitive compared to this ability. You know what a person is feeling better than they do sometimes.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
My ability is simple.
If there is a lego piece ANYWHERE in the house, I will step on it. Usually around 4 in the moning.

I know a woman with a similar thing. If there's a wooden toothpick dropped, it ends up in her foot. She had to ban them from her house. Too many trips to emergency.

Me, strong intuition, and I've learned to trust it.
Also, I can understand each of my 3 dogs better than they understand each other. Which I don't understand, I think they should understand each other, but one will bark at a bird, and the other 2 act like there's an intruder and bark at everything but the bird. I can tell he's looking at a bird without even looking.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
the ability to see the truth for what it is without my personal bias or ego taking over.

then my purely physical ability to KO anyone, even if they are double my size. i'm 5'10 150 lbs.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I almost feel lame for posting my talent.

I am a medium.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemeticHarvest
reply to post by intrptr

...some of you have this power where you can communicate with a person by watching their body language, not just nose touching and psychological cliches but i think some of you guys see the whole movement of the body, the cells, the blood, dialation of eyes or veins, hydration, every twitch and tremor. Simply hearing someones conscious thoughts is useful but somewhat primitive compared to this ability. You know what a person is feeling better than they do sometimes.

Thats part of it I think. The power of observation. Thankyou for helping me put that into words. How people react from moment to moment is so telling to me. I have trouble presenting myself to others sometimes because when I meet them or observe them from a distance I am so focused on their behavior that I forget myself. Its not something I do consciously. Not "nosey", just inquisitive or curious. I am visually oriented. I can absorb more thru my eyes than with any other sense. I see how others "think".

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
I almost feel lame for posting my talent.

I am a medium.

Why lame? Thats a wonderful talent. If I may ask, what kind?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I guess I can identify with the friend of the OP there cause I've known nothing but hurt, negativity etc yet somehow it seems like I'm existing to make others feel better about their own lives while I gain nothing.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Interesting thread, and I had not considered a powerful ability. I would say the ability to obtain calmness in any situation, and resonate calmness to others to the point of affecting their calmness, or lack of. I have been told countless times that people feel relaxed and open around me. I also feel that good listening skills are a strength. Undivided attention and understanding where someone is coming from, hearing what they actually say, makes for a good harmonious relation with someone, whether ephemeral or enduring. Genuine feedback and support are appreciated by folks.

Peace,
spec

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

dp, not calm enough on the keystroke!

edit on 29-10-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join