It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone has a Powerful Ability: What is Yours?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I can manipulate people and lie like it's nobodies business(I'm a great salesman). Give me a guitar and can easily alter the mood of everyone in the room. Oh and I can buy a bunch of stuff at a gas station and know how much will be left out of the change to put in the gas tank before they ring it up.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

Originally posted by juveous
I just feel like the OP is misleading on the word "powerful". People do can and have developed natural habits and skills that they have become so accustomed and conditioned to, that it can be done with little to no effort or planning. With that, you could say that have a special ability, because of the amount of time that is really invested in it. However, special or powerful in the sense you are born with it, I think the number of people significantly drops off, and Im talking about savants, autism and yes even psychics (even though psychic have been demonized from scam artists) - But I don't rule out people that consistently experience clairvoyance.

I would throw in empaths but I really just think they are psychic. Everyone has an empathetic ability, and I think when people think theirs is more able than others, I'm always curious how they know? I just think some people prefer to believe that their empathy is unique.

The Op did not use words you would use because he is different.
You have the right to your opinion just as everyone else.

What words? like powerful? its in the title.

Here is my opinion in regards to your last paragraph. Everyone is not empathetic. I have met a lot of people over the years who are far from having any empathy whatsoever. This is how I know some people just know theirs are more powerful than anothers because you sense and feel others who are as cold as ice. No empathy, no sensitivity at all and has no clue. Most people like this are very self centered, egotistical, and very selfish. The more one becomes self knowing, I think the more sensitive they become. Some people are just born with it.

I'll admit, I was over generalizing the public by saying everyone, but as well could have said the mass majority. I've seen people as cold as ice also, and just as you describe, but this is human behavior that goes far beyond whether someone is more empathetic. Movies are made off the sole purpose of this ability. Acting is an art of empathy. Advertising, marketing, it's in your face all the time. When you can accurately portray an emotion in context (especially positive emotions), people can connect with that emotion. But from what i've seen, is that people go to lengths to avoid negative emotions and such develop ways to circumvent being sensitive (which i'm sure effects how they respond to all emotions)

If you think some people prefer to believe their empathy is unique over another (maybe myself included) ....judge away with your predetermined notion because it still doesn't change the facts.

I never did see in your post your contribution to the threads title. Did I miss something?

But you do believe your's is unique...and it very well could be, but some people do believe that they have a special gift in order to compensate a lack in their dependency. I believe I'm pretty good at reading people and getting them to communicate, but I also think many people are very capable of this, especially since there is training and classes for it.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Another Empath here. Very sensitive to feelings. The good, bad and ugly....

It is a quality of a healer though. However, I've never gone down the path of becoming a healer unfortunately.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by juveous

Wow! I'm not saying I'm the best most talented empath in the World, but out of 100 random people, I'm probably in the top 10% in the empathy department. How do I know....I can feel it, I just know. It is not a schism of my mind...there really is no thought involved. It is strickly feelings, hence the empathetic nature.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MemeticHarvest

I`ve got very mild super-powers !

"Sometimes when I`m cycling with headphones on - I can predict exactly where I`ll be - at the end of the song "

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Now this is where I have a problem with this sort of thing

I am not averse to the idea of mediums, but this is the internet!.....how in Gods name could a "medium" pick up anything from a post on an internet forum?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus

I`ve got very mild super-powers !

"Sometimes when I`m cycling with headphones on - I can predict exactly where I`ll be - at the end of the song "

Nice! That is an awesome superpower! You can parlay that you know!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

I have seen your ability. To look within and discern. I would say you are Air.

There are four types of elementals: Earth = Sensation, Air = Intellect, Water= Emotion, and Fire = Life Force.
the fifth elemental of course is Ether = Spirit

These elementals are in the Material world. These same elementals appear in the spiritual world as well. Although they have slightly different meanings.

But for this we are looking at the material world. Everyone is a combination of all four with one higher aspect in one of them....Mine is Water.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I don't know what to classify as gifts, we all need to seek within to connect on the higher frequency channels, by giving more, loving more, believing more in Love and Goodness, and having just warm gratitude. Its psi, in a kind of receiver way,incoming messages, energy recognition, remote viewing and remote sensing, ie. that form of obe, not out of body, but mental projection, connection to others, communication gifts. They come as they do, so to speak, frequently, but I don't push it, except for the connection, seek inner connection to Goodness/Love and Higher Self, but never know if we're supposed to push to be unlocked here, more just want to useful to my Reporting For Duty, whatever is needed as Family/Goodness above wishes. Not sure it can be defined like that. When its communicating link ups, I see as if a clear computer screen contact. When I've doubted it, had crafts appear.
I've also seen where the body of disposed of in a murder, and it was found later where I saw it, not the location the conditions and area. I only wish I'd known there was a creek near his place, because also knew she was within walking distance from there and couldn't put the two pieces together, but the police should have searched that area.

I also knew when someone had passed away, knew the information would be given the next day, saw the van pull up. Knew when another would pass away, and all week was so happy when he phoned, even asking for money, because he was still alive. A week like that, then felt him at the window in the middle of the night, the very timing for his death according the coroner.

I don't know the names for gifts like that though.
edit on 29-10-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I believe that I have two abilities:

(1) to make people laugh, or at least smile. Sadly, this ability will not be demonstrated in this poorly-thought-out post. [insert high-pitched whiney noise]

(2) I believe I can perceive patterns.... of course, others might characterize that as a pathology. Obviously, THOSE people don't matter.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The killer instinct. After a month at a karate school. The Sinsei reviewed my progress. He said," Randy, if you are here to acquire your black belt ? I can help you reach that goal. But if you're here to learn how to fight ?
There is no reason for you to be here because you already know ".

Of course I stayed.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Does being able to fart the beatles backcatalogue sound like a gift?

ALL HAIL THE ALMIGHTY 5TH BEATLE,MY SPHINCTER:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Well, it does work much better in person no doubt. It is one of those things that either happens or it doesn't, but I have learned through practice over the years that it can work over the internet, just not as well.
The internet is a great place to practice though. Especially if you lived in a small community.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

No doubt.

My ability is the power to write a single line that sums up everything I am trying to say in a whole book. It's sucks when I am paid by the word, but it's a huge hit at parties. =/

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I can detect lies quite easily. I read body language very well.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I find that I have a natural pathfinding ability. When on foot it's hard for me to get lost and I can usually map out a place in my head after one time of being there. I think it's somewhat useful. But out me in a car and I get all turned around.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I actually have 2 special abilities...

1. I Annoy people better than anyone I have ever known

2. I seem to be very good at getting in the way.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I have an ability but I don't think it's a gift but I've always had this ability to pick people out of a big crowd who I haven't seen in sometimes 20+ years , for example teachers , schoolmates from grade school , old neibours . And it really freaks them out when I tell them that I recognized them after all those years ! And it happens to me at least a few times a month !

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
i dont know if this is quite an ability since it has only happened a few times in my life. i live in northern vermont where everybody up here basically has some kind of native in them, which might explain the weird spiritual happening. to put it in plain terms, i heard thoughts...not like i was surfing their brainwaves, but certain strong stimuli feelings/thoughts the only way i can put it. within 2 days apart these events happened
1- in richford vermont, sitting on my ex girlfriend's mother's couch, next to my ex, i heard, in her voice, a whisper saying "i have to pee"...so i immediately stated "then go to the bathroom", she looked at me like "ummmmmm, okay how did you know i need to pee" i just told her i thought i heard her say it

2- sitting on the same couch next to my ex girlfriend's sister, i heard in her voice, but a whisper,"im cold", so i threw her a blanket next to me, she looked at me stupid and i said, "wait, lemme ask u something, are you cold?" she told me she was but told me she didnt say anything. i was on her right and the television was on the left of us, and the angle of the television was where her head was almost in the way, so i could have seen her lips move

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I was quite successful at reading Tarot and would do all my friends and managed to make a few $$$ out of it. But at one point in time a lot of bad stuff started happening to them, I warned them and then they began to blame me. I was only the messenger but they actually kinda blamed me and my pagan ways so I've put them away now. Actually as I've began to unravel the mystery's of the universe a little more the fortunes of others concern me less, and I now no longer need to know my own as things happen the way I want them to.

I also taught myself how to dowse and have successfully located many things from underground pipes, groundwater streams and archaeological artifacts. As a guy who works as a geologist and has studied archaeology this is obviously quite a useful ability.

I can also 'read' people very well.

I would love to have the ability to 'see' certain things, such as energies, mainly cos it just seems so cool. But all I have is this TV static thing which I perceive as a universal type energy (seen this since I was a kid), and maybe something which could be interpreted as an aura if I look at something with my eyes slightly dis-focused, though it doesn't come naturally and isn't very clear.

Street lamps often do very strange things when I pass them as well

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Sorry, humans do NOT have ANY paranormal abilities... That is the reality, and the truth.

There are higher entities than humans who can "share" things with some of us.

That said, I am likely the best person on earth, and should be world champion at doing absolutely NOTHING, whenever possible.

I would love to know your source on this one. So you believe in higher enitities but for some reason humans are stuck with only that they can do with their hands and think with their brains...interesting.

I would love for you to prove me wrong here.

Go for it.

You want proof though......? Fly me up to where ever the hell you are all expenses paid (oh and I only travel buisness class or higher
) and I will find all your underground plumbing plus any artefacts you may have lying around your backyard.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join