It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Qantas grounds entire fleet

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Also I don't see why anyone would invest in Qantas, over say, Emirates.

-------------

Ummm, the fact that Emirates is solely government owned and thus not having any private equity or shares to take up would be one significant reason ... doh.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by rhesusmonkey

I knew they were majority government owned but I didn't know they were solely government owned. Just substitute Emirates for some other airline like Virgin.
edit on 29/10/11 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by thebozeian

Will take that all in to consideration however we know Qantas has been in trouble for 10 years plus. The whole airline needs a complete re-structure as Branson has done to Virgin Australia; but I still believe there's more to this than meets the eye.

Everyone knows Virgin Australia is sitting on the fence waiting to prounce and it will do so at great speed.

When you have the waterfront union advising......that aint good. No matter which way this goes, jobs WILL be lost and there's no if or buts about it and it won't be in the hundreds but thousands. It's too late now, the damage has been done and if Qantas is to survive, they will have to re-coup that $68M+ one way or the other and that means job losses.

Job security? Mate......there is NO such thing; those days past along time ago. In the real world, everyone is expendable, even the PM, so if Qantas goes down.....JuLIAR Gillard is not far off from being outed. Not only will she be remembered for overthrowing Kevin Rudd but also bringing in the Carbon Tax and destroying one of Australia's biggest icon.....Qantas!

The damage has been done and it's too late to save all your jobs!

edit on 29-10-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
If QANTAS goes, the Turkeys that voted for Christmas can apply for a lesser paid and less secure positions with less benefits at Virgin or Jetstar.
Good luck, gobblers.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by rhesusmonkey

JuLIAR's head is going to be on the block more so than ever before! Can't wait for the Bolt Report in the morning......this is going to be fun watching his show tomorrow!

Let me repeat part of my last post.....

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS JOB SECURITY in Australia or any other part of the world. Qantas workers are dreamin!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzTruth
I like what a stranded passenger just said on Channel 9. "Sack all of them and hire people that want to work" "if everybody wanted a pay-rise we would all be on strike" "it's not fair" "what a joke"

That's a very short double edged sword tho.

When workers give up their fight for fair pay, and are sacked.. we end up with a china syndrome workforce... everyone paid peanuts and expected to work 10 hours a day.

Or when they strike, get even cheaper work.

I hate unions from experience..... both before I worked and during.. before - I remember my parents having to ask for food from relatives since my dad couldn't work and wasnt getting paid. I remember that as clear as day, it was union workers preventing him from even trying.

And during... Just the non stop bloody stop work meetings, that went no where in terms for MY job, which I needed, and for which I was still charged union fees months after I left.

I don't trust the wankers in charge of the unions at all... here in AUS... not one jot..

Reminds me of Underbelly... Just the untold saga - the Union Crew...

So.. I don't have an answer, just a rabble of opinion... I dunno ... like the rest of life, we're raped if we do, and raped if we dont...

edit on 29/10/2011 by Ha`la`tha because: I give up with my fingers...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha

I like what a stranded passenger just said on Channel 9. "Sack all of them and hire people that want to work" "if everybody wanted a pay-rise we would all be on strike" "it's not fair" "what a joke"

When workers give up their fight for fair pay, and are sacked.. we end up with a china syndrome workforce... everyone paid peanuts and expected to work 10 hours a day.

I hate unions from experience..... both before I worked and during.. before - I remember my parents having to ask for food from relatives since my dad couldn't work and wasnt getting paid. I remember that as clear as day, it was union workers preventing him from even trying.

And during... Just the non stop bloody stop work meetings, that went no where in terms for MY job, which I needed, and for which I was still charged union fees months after I left.

I don't trust the wankers in charge of the unions at all... here in AUS... not one jot..

So.. I don't have an answer, just a rabble of opinion... I dunno ... like the rest of life, we're raped if we do, and raped if we dont...

Most of the union bosses I know are Freemasons..... unions are definitely something I dont get into. I remember when I was in the union join up meeting for new employees, I sat through the whole join us meeting only to at the end give them questions they couldn't answer and when I told them it was prerogative not to join, I was kicked out and the union rep was furious with me, he went all red faced and told me I was just wasting his time, I said why because I have legitimate questions or a right to sit here listen to every detail and then a right to join or not... He lost it.... I was having so much fun that day... I am one of a few at my work that aren't apart of the union and we spend the money we save on ourselves and still get a say in the work place agreements... Got to love living in a free country... but I find if you don't agree with something being apart of the union because you're a minority it doesn't matter.... I learned that when I was 17... So no unions for me.... And now as I get older, I see through the BS. I definitely will never join a union ever

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Most of the union bosses I know are Freemasons..... unions are definitely something I dont get into. I remember when I was in the union join up meeting for new employees, I sat through the whole join us meeting only to at the end give them questions they couldn't answer and when I told them it was prerogative not to join, I was kicked out and the union rep was furious with me, he went all red faced and told me I was just wasting his time, I said why because I have legitimate questions or a right to sit here listen to every detail and then a right to join or not... He lost it.... I was having so much fun that day... I am one of a few at my work that aren't apart of the union and we spend the money we save on ourselves and still get a say in the work place agreements... Got to love living in a free country... but I find if you don't agree with something being apart of the union because you're a minority it doesn't matter.... I learned that when I was 17... So no unions for me.... And now as I get older, I see through the BS. I definitely will never join a union ever

You're right, the masons get into it a hell of a lot, I was astounded the day I found out my uncle had been indoctrinated into them, working at the same place I talk about above.

I was never involved in the union back then, I was only 15. But later on in life I saw how far their hand reaches, and if you don;t shake it.. you face a fist.

screw that entirely.

My uncle was a mere gardener. yet of the right plumage to become a mason, I - as a kid - asked him what happens.. first time that stupid old bastard kept his mouth shut. that was with my old man in the car also, so .. I have no idea about him, he died before I was 22. and in my early years I was not a father/son type.. I missed out on a crapload being the way I was, I never actually knew my own dad.

If being a mason means turning your back on your close family, like scientology... it can sod itself.

If however my uncle was just losing his brain, right up till my dad died when he appeared to become normal again.. I dunno.. Maybe my dad was a huge mason assassin... I dont care..

Unions, masons... stick them up their bums... it's all cults imo.

One however that makes people like me, when Im a kid and joining the workforce, in a bad position if all I want to do is work...

I don't trust this guy at all

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

Yeah I wouldn't trust him.... lol

what's happened to the hard working aussie spirit? Seems like everyone wants easy pay and more days off, our ancestors would roll over in their graves if they seen the type of money we are making as a collective or the lifestyles we lead. They will soon probably jump out of their graves and tell us how hard it was for them to make what our lives are today... But oh how I wish I lived back then.... the only bad thing would have been that women wouldn't have waxed or shaved... Yuk

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
bah, safer to ignore than to roar
edit on 29/10/2011 by Ha`la`tha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

what's happened to the hard working aussie spirit? Seems like everyone wants easy pay and more days off, our ancestors would roll over in their graves if they seen the type of money we are making as a collective or the lifestyles we lead. They will soon probably jump out of their graves and tell us how hard it was for them to make what our lives are today... But oh how I wish I lived back then.... the only bad thing would have been that women wouldn't have waxed or shaved... Yuk

Please tell me which pasrt you were serious about and which ones result in the ... above post?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

My point is people that only want easy jobs and arent prepared to do hard work Dot reflect the hard working aussie which was the way of past generations, aussies are known for hard work not being lazy...

Give me a hard days work any day....

I had easy jobs and hard jobs, easy jobs make me so bored, hard jobs make the day go quicker....

I don't think you would like the job I have now, I get massive pay for hard work...

I am proud to say I work as hard if not harder than my past generations and anyone that takes the easy job because they want to have it easy, good on them, im not like that...

I just think if your not prepared to work hard then you wouldn't have lasted back in the day when manual labour was almost every job...

Peace..

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Please tell me which pasrt you were serious about and which ones result in the ... above post?

I have no idea what you're thinking, it's was an opinion based on the discussion we were having and the premise of this thread

I'm done...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
This is how it is going to go.Firstly Qantas is being deliberately striped from the inside.Qantas will collapse and go the way of the Dodo and Ansett Airlines.

Qantas will collapse and shareholders will lose millions of dollars,this will hit the Australian share market hard.Both National and International confidence in the Australian Market will plunge,driving down the Australian Market and Dollar.
The ramiforcations will be felt through out the country via the domino effect.The Employment and Retail market will be driven down further and Australian's who believe the politicians,economist and media spin about how wonderful our economy is doing compared to the rest of the world during the Global Finacial Crissis,will awaken one morning and go HUH?

I will either ........
A) Buy my first house for $1.00
B) Flee the Gillard Dictatorship for a better life in war torn Libya.

Mean while the Foriegn Airlines will put up their intentionally deflated airfares dramaticly having conquered the Australia market having killed of the last Australian carrier.Airfares will double and competion will end. Mission Accomplished.

OzTruth will lose his job or take a pay cut! and I will say nah nah nah told you so.
THIS IS HOW IT ENDS.
edit on 29-10-2011 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
This just came through a short time ago:

news.ninemsn.com.au...

which begs me to ask......

who is Alan Joyce in bed with? Richard Branson still comes to mind!

Alan Joyce needs to resign affectively immediately or Australia's icon will be gone forever!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by OzTruth

Oh for God's sake........most union leaders are Masons? So are many non-union bosses!

Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !

Lucky for you my generation knew how to work hard, my bet is you would'nt have a damn clue and YOU my friend would had melted like butter in the sun at the thought of hard we did work. No, you would'nt had wished you had lived in my generation or my parents and grandparents!

Your remark about my generation of women is just pathetic; we are a hell of alot cleaner than your grubby lot and those after you....that includes the men too. My generation took care in themselves and showed respect! We always dressed appropriately before leaving the home without our guts hanging over our waists, breasts hanging out like a cow in a paddock or showing our backsides. Both men and women were always well dressed, clean and slick. But you would'nt know anything about that would you!

edit on 29-10-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
i almost forgot! the rba picks the cash rate and intrest rates this week..
wonder if there will be an effect on those?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
isnt this the same guy that helped kill Ansett ...?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vamp333
isnt this the same guy that helped kill Ansett ...?

Yes he was.

So really, his move today was hardly surprising in hindsight.

This guy needs to go ASAP.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Yeah....all so nicely planned out!

No offence to the Irish but I never did like the Irish running our large corporations; they're always bound to fail just like their own economy back home in Ireland.

Qantas can be saved however the window of opportunity is closely fast.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join