It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Qantas grounds entire fleet

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by ShortMemory

Hmmmmmm; how about pushing the prices of Qantas shares down for a takeover?

www.theaustralian.com.au...

I do know a number of key staff of Qantas moved over to Virgin Blue not long ago.

Richard Branson is up to something, I know it!

yeah most likely, thats about the only way to keep it alive, 'under new managment'.
but if branson brought it i would say he would be close to having a monopoly so it may not be allowed.

richard branson is always up to something, the guy creeps me out

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Richard Branson is a smart man, he controls the monopoly of Virgin Airways, to control the monopoly of Qantas he would have afew invisable "investors" up his sleeve. He knows Australian Corporate Law all too well and knows the loop holes. OR he is waiting for Qantas to go down the toilet while playing "lip-service" to Qantas workers!

I can't think of anything else right now. No other airline is trying to make a play for Qantas as Richard Branson is at present.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

It's not unknown for a board of directors to secretly conspire to sell off a company..

Usually they walk away with handsome payouts and that's not including any "under the counter" payments.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
monopolies are dumb

unions are dumb too

so are long term contracted employment

at will is at will, esp in this economy where efficiency is crucial at the INDIVIDUAL level, too

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

yeah true, problem is i think he only needs it on paper.. its not the kind of thing the authoritys would pursue him about.. i see him as one of the 'untouchables'
your right, it would point to him.. following the money gives you a logical explination every time

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

a corporations is like a car.
-you can run it and service it.
-sell it for parts
-do an insurance job
considering corporations have proved to be criminals most of the time, ill let you be the judge what option they took

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I like what a stranded passenger just said on Channel 9. "Sack all of them and hire people that want to work" "if everybody wanted a pay-rise we would all be on strike" "it's not fair" "what a joke"

Some poor girl has her medication in her baggage and can't access it so she is desperately trying to finds Meds at the last minute before she becomes ill.

I have never thought unions are any good.... If you have to strike for extra money then a union isn't really doing it's job is it.... Workplace agreements should be sorted and agreed to with no effect to work... But left wing labour groups here in Australia have often showed a lack of leadership. Now thousands of poor citizens are stuck. Real fair don't you reckon? How much money do you reckon these passengers lose now? Most of them have used their hard earn cash to go on holiday and so forth, but I guess no one cares about that.... The average person doesn't have cash to burn....

I even seen a brainwashed fool from an occupy group with a banner saying we support the qantas workers. No wonder they don't care about others.

Anyway anyone that supports this type of action should have a good look at themselves.

I support the stranded individuals and families. Get back to work Qantas.

Qantas Management gave them the 3% they asked for but the particulars why they are striking... for example...

Long haul pilots of 767s want the same pay as a A-380 pilot. That's more than 3%

The strike is because the workers demands are very unrealistic and a first for any union to demand or strike over... Simply put they just want more than can be given this would in effect send the company broke...

edit on 29-10-2011 by OzTruth because: Typo

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Would this help to convience you?

www.brisbanetimes.com.au...

or maybe this?

www.businessspectator.com.au...

I'm still digging up more info re Virgin Blue and Richard Branson's possible hand in all of this; it does'nt sound so outragous after all!

And some people thought Qantas employees were greedy? Richard Branson wants CONTROL of the most profitable routes across Australia and the Pacific!

Virgin Blue rebranded Virgin Australia:

www.cnngo.com...

Richard Branson has a plan and a goal

edit on 29-10-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by OzTruth

Well of course i knew what you would think when i saw your name as the most recent poster.

if everyone thought like you we would live in nazi germany.
evil triumphs when good men do nothing

this is a private company, its not about the public.. its the publics fault for trusting so much in a corporation.
reality is that girl could of lost her meds wether the company was in working order or not; it happens all the time.

how is the protester brainwashed? they do care about others; wether you realise it or not they are fighting for you too and soon enough you will understand why.. but it will probably be too late then

get back to work? you sound like a communist oztruth.. and i know how much youd hate that.

Qantas gives them crumbs. the workers are fighting for equality..

a demands realism in a corporate situation is based on who’s asking not what they’re asking. the ceo asks and he receives.. the blue collars ask and they get told to stick it.

edit on 29-10-2011 by ShortMemory because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
There is no hidden agenda here just greedy workers...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by OzTruth

Of course there's a hidden agenda! I've been digging for an hour and have'nt come up emty handed yet!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Some greedy unions are simply trying to crush an iconic company.

All power to Joyce.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

10pm tonight in Melbourne a urgent meeting is being held. They will be back to work within 12-24 hours. The commission will put an end to these strikes.

I don't need you to teach me anything...

You will see when it all becomes clearer the crap these workers are striking for... They didn't need to strike thats for sure...

But you keep telling yourself what you need to hear.

And the girl with the meds in the luggage, really? She can't get her luggage because no one is working to find it. If she lost it another time a worker could find it.... your response is lame

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzTruth
I like what a stranded passenger just said on Channel 9. "Sack all of them and hire people that want to work" "if everybody wanted a pay-rise we would all be on strike" "it's not fair" "what a joke"

If that was to happen you wouldn't see a Qantas aircraft flying for 3 months, it takes that long to train a pilot with the simlulator sessions and line training, that is if you crew the aircraft with Australian pilots. The alternative is that you employ foregin pilots to operate Qantas aircraft domestically, and this is exactly what AJ wants. These crews will be paid a fraction of what the current crews get paid. Before you say "so what"....remember if you pay peanuts you get monkeys. I'm not flying on Qantas aircraft with a "monkey" at the wheel.

If this goes on longer than a week I think it will be a massive tipping point for the Australian economy.
edit on 29-10-2011 by haveblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzTruth
There is no hidden agenda here just greedy workers...

Does that include Alan Joyce's 71 percent pay increase from 3 million to 5 million?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by haveblue

No it won't because Virgin Australia will employ most of the Qantas staff and have all routes covered within afew short days or less. Richard Branson is a fast thinking man of means and gets things done faster than a blink of the eye.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
treat them fairly ? whos idea of fair? the employe who wants 300 vacation days payed for?
hey they dont want the job dont like the pay THEY CAN QUITE that is true free enterprise .
All the unions can do is make the problem worse man you people are so smart .
so every one striks the unions make sure the company cant higher replacements the company louses million and folds and thous guys are unemployed .So tell me just who this helped?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Unions are dinosaurs.
They drove Ansett to the wall, killing their members jobs in the process.
Now it is the turn of Qantas.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

No it won't because Virgin Australia will employ most of the Qantas staff and have all routes covered within afew short days or less. Richard Branson is a fast thinking man of means and gets things done faster than a blink of the eye.

True they will employ some of the staff. But they won't employ all 35 000. I agree Virgin and all the other operators will be scrambling as hard as they can to put on extra capacity.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

just heard on the news that virgin is already planning to enlarge their capacity

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join