It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA created UFO like Orb? Bokeh? Alien Spacecraft?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Doesn't this kind of lend proof to the theory that UFO's aren't really aliens from another planet but simply earth bound travels from the future? I mean I know that as of right now , Backwards time travel is thought to be highly unlikely but doesn't this at least lend some credibility to the idea?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

If we wrap that sucker in some tin foil imagine the UFOs we could film

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
No doubt a ton of these Nasa BALLS will end up being left floating space with the rest of the junk they have put up there.

NASA: Why call it space when you can fill it with crap!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mclaneinc
NASA: Why call it space when you can fill it with crap!

NASA = Cosmic Litterbugs...

They say they are short of funding, so why didn't they use the shuttle and arm to just pluck the old stuff out of orbit and stow it in the empty bins to bring home to recycle all that gold, platinum and plutonium etc?

I say shut em down until they can be responsible. If I get caught tossing my trash out a car window I get charged $1,000.00... yet these bozos feel they can litter the solar system with impunity

NASA= Need Another Space Agency

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Reptius

The orbs in this thread are made by earthlings in the present ... how does that relate to time travel or aliens?

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Here is another one of starshine - except it is strangely blurred:

ISD_highres_STS096_STS096-707-39_3
edit on 14-11-2011 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Reminds me of this video I saw.

Watch and think about the people in it-the reactions and looks on the faces.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
Here is another one of starshine - except it is strangely blurred:

Probably testing the cloaking device. Afterall if your trying to create NASA UFO's you need to get the right amount of blurriness

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Very interesting zorgon.

Way to make me put my foot in my mouth.

Whatever happened to that "cloaking" material everyone was talking about a while ago? Could it be they have tried to combine it with other more standard materials (lenses, mirrors) as some sort of cloaking "alloy"?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Lol. I'd freak out as well if that would happen to me, though it will be a pretty cool story to tell to others, that a NASA satellite fell on my car.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

That's a lovely looking thing. I wonder if they call it Patsy?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

This

Is one of these?

It looks incredibly smooth on the picture in orbit. In fact it looks like a polished metallic ball.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

You really think that NASA is creating devices to simply "cover-up" real UFO's?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Machinery

Get me a NASA original copy of STS 75 and STS 80 'UFO' footage and then we will talk about what I think they may or may not be 'covering up'

Until then...

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
All of the Starshine objects have decayed from their orbits .

www.heavens-above.com...

www.heavens-above.com...

www.heavens-above.com...
edit on 21-11-2011 by watchdog8110 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
When I hear 'spheres', 'orbs', whatever, I think of Foo Fighters. Have they been debunked - I don't think so. Did they exist? Are those WWII air crews really going to make up a whole heap of horse blow to get out of their tour of duty? Possibly... but I don't think so from what I have read and seen of these men who risked their lives every day to fly bombing raids and sorties.

I think the Foos were real and were a top secret German development. I've just read that one was shot down by a B29 in the Pacific theatre with no *internal* engine - so was it guided by a beam of some kind? The stuff I've read recently may appear as fiction but everything is making sense - these Foos existed and would surely have been captured by the allies (even just one!) and developed further, also the technology for guiding them remotely.

There is so much out there blabbed about the Vril Discs by freaky fakers who photoshop 'original' photos that the real truth is being buried beneath the junk mail.

Foo fighters were orbs dude! Orbs is where it started for man-made ufo technology and it is still running.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchdog8110
All of the Starshine objects have decayed from their orbits .

Oh well how about these orbs then? Hoardes of em

Orbital Debris Radar Calibration Spheres (ODERACS)

Orbital Debris Radar Calibration Spheres (ODERACS) experiment. ODERACS deployed spheres and dipoles from the Shuttle to calibrate the Haystack orbital debris radar measurements. An ODERACS sphere being deployed is visible just over the Shuttle's tail fin.

Full size image

NASA Orbital Debris Program Office

The Orbital DEbris RAdar Calibration Spheres (ODERACS)

The Orbital Debris Radar Calibration Spheres (ODERACS) spaceflight experiments were designed to provide small, low earth orbiting (LEO) calibration targets for the ground-based radar and optical systems used for orbital debris measurements. The primary objective was to calibrate the Haystack Long Range Imaging Radar (LRIR) and validate the JSC Orbital Debris Analysis System (ODAS). These measurements and resulting data processing were a complete success.

The Haystack radar is used for orbital debris measurements in an unorthodox way. Instead of moving the radar dish to track satellites, the dish "stares" in a fixed direction. Debris objects that fly through the radar beam produce echoes that are recorded on magnetic tape. Analysis of the echo data must take into account that debris objects can fly through the radar beam from any direction and can cross the beam at any position. Entirely new analysis tools were developed to deal with this novel kind of data. Because of the complexity of this process, it was determined that an end-to-end calibration of the radar and the associated data processing system was essential in order to be confident that the debris data derived from the radar were valid. The question relating to radar operation was: Is the radar calibrated correctly, such that the measured radar cross section is the correct one? The question relating to the data processing system was: Are the physical sizes and orbital parameters calculated from the Haystack radar data correct?

The best way to do these calibrations was to place known objects into orbit and measure them with the Haystack radar. From a practical point of view, metal spheres were the best choice for test objects, since their radar cross section is independent of aspect angle, and their shape makes them easy to deploy from the Space Shuttle Orbiter bay. A problem with spheres is that they return only one polarization of radar waves, the Principal Polarization (PP). For this reason, the Haystack radar could be calibrated only for PP returns using spheres. Since irregular debris objects return both PP and Orthogonal Polarization (OP) signals, it was necessary to make an independent calibration of the radar for its response to OP returns. Wire dipole targets were used for this purpose, since they reflect exactly equal OP and PP polarizations.

ODERACS Sphere Delivery System

The best way to do these calibrations was to place known objects into orbit and measure them with the Haystack radar. From a practical point of view, metal spheres were the best choice for test objects, since their radar cross section is independent of aspect angle, and their shape makes them easy to deploy from the Space Shuttle Orbiter bay. A problem with spheres is that they return only one polarization of radar waves, the Principal Polarization (PP). For this reason, the Haystack radar could be calibrated only for PP returns using spheres. Since irregular debris objects return both PP and Orthogonal Polarization (OP) signals, it was necessary to make an independent calibration of the radar for its response to OP returns. Wire dipole targets were used for this purpose, since they reflect exactly equal OP and PP polarizations.

ODERACS Deployment, 9 February 1994

The Orbital DEbris RAdar Calibration Spheres

So NASA's answer to managing space debris is to deploy more space debris

edit on 5-12-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Known objects vs unknown objects , be nice to know what all their known objects are .

How many did they actually put out there to be ruled out of the equation ?
edit on 6-12-2011 by watchdog8110 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
They can make all the neat sphere shaped things they want, but the object I saw up close was seemless and perfect and much like the sphere from the actual film with that name only my sighting was a year before the film was released.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Would be totally great if Nasa released vid from live feed if they taped it at all of the red/orange sphere that crossed infront of their camera earlier this year . A few of us saw saw it from watching the ISS mission on USTREAM .

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join