It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual events surrounding Nov. 9, 2011 - is an asteroid due to hit Earth?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Nov. 9th is a significant date. This is the date we will "test" our emergency broadcast system (never done before this date, and never used, not even when 9/11 happened, or Pearl Harbor).

Asteroid YU55 will be between Earth and the Moon, or 200,000 miles away, which is close.

Facts:
The United Nations (UN) published a tsunami drill paper (first ever) with a scheduled tsunami drill date of 11/9/11.
The UN paper (attached) claims an asteroid will hit the Pacific Ocean causing mile high tsunamis on 11/9/11
unesdoc.unesco.org...
The USA filed a first-ever DEFCON 1 document with the UN claiming it was a "drill" during the week of 9/27/11. We have never went to DEFCON 1, not even during any previous war, or 9/11, NEVER!
The CIA relocated their Virginia headquarters to Denver, CO (1 mile above sea level) a few years ago.
www.thedenverchannel.com...
Under the Denver Airport is claimed to be the largest underground bunker system for our heads of states and top scientists to reside during a disaster.
The USA President, NASA and top scientists all went to Denver the same week in Sept. as part of a first-ever "drill" to test our emergency systems.
The top scientists and NASA who also flew to Denver went under the story they were giving educational presentation to local elementary schools (but no other school system in the USA received this costly, tax payer gift).
www.nasa.gov...
www.csmonitor.com...
There were hotels with availability in Denver the week of Sept 27th (drill week). If hundreds to thousands of people went to Denver that same week, there is no way there would be hotel availability (I actually called on hotels claiming to be holding week-long conferences and there WAS availability). There were a few hotels which said they would not be open to the general public!
The top corporation CEO's were all in Denver that same day/week!!!
2011 ACEEE National Conference on Energy Efficiency as a Resource
September 25, 2011 – September 27, 2011
Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center
Denver, CO
The Coca-Cola Company, NatureWorks and Cereplast headline the Biopolymers Symposium
September 26-28, 2011
ControlLogix and RSLogix 5000 Training Seminar
September 27-29, 2011
ieee-greencom
September 26-27, 2011
2011 Homeland Security Symposium
September 26-27, 2011
6th Annual Biopolymers Symposium
September 26-28, 2011
Strategies for Justice Conference
September 26-30, 2011
2011 Kentico Connection – Denver
September 26-30, 2011
EcoSys EPC (Enterprise Planning & Controls)
September 25-26, 2011
Annual Educational Networking Conference
September 25-27, 2011
NASA Lands in Colorado With International Space Station Events
September 21-27, 2011

The movie Deep Impact is almost 100% accruate in regards to events taking place in the World and primarily in the USA. The movie came out 10 years ago. It talks about a comet named "Elenin" and the first ever black president during the worst financial crisis in history (watch it, you won't believe the similarities, it's not a coincidence). emptysuit.wordpress.com... Our government often funds and conveys sensitive information to the top Hollywood executives and then they are tasked with making various movies and sitcoms to desensitize us.

For the first time since the United Nations developed, a secret meeting was held 2 years ago. The heads-of-state left the closed door meetings with white face and jaws dropped. Word on the street is this meeting was about all countries working together to slowly release UFO documents, but this is only speculation on what the topic was about. I'm more and more convinced it was about an upcoming asteroid impact.
www.opednews.com...

Google Earth has a large red "X" on the impact "drill" site.

More and more people are having prophetic dreams of an asteroid impacting the earth and mile high tsunamis going as far inland as Oklahoma.
www.2012predictions.net...
www.greatdreams.com...

If the heads of state were in Denver when they do the 11/9/11 emergency broadcast and an asteroid did impact, they would be safe.

Why, out of nowhere, would the USA and United Nations hold a drill on Nov. 9, 2011, the same date as the asteroid YU55?

Why would the USA hold a "drill" on 11/9/11 as that is actually a sacred number for us, as all other countries report their calendar dates as 9/11/11 or 9/11 (day, month, year).

Why, for the first time ever, would we "test" this system when we could give a damn for the past 60 years whether it worked. This is actually "old school" technology built for the 50's when people relied primarily on radios for news.

Why does Google Earth have a big red "X" on the site of the alledged impact, the same "X" location as the United Nations document on the tsunami drill? www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I think I believe that this rock will not hit us.

But, what I am wondering is, does this rock have enough gravity that it could be towing along other things that may not be able to be seen yet that poses a greater risk of an impact.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
A mile high tsunami in the pacific reaching Oklahoma, how would it get passed the rockies?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

its size is only 200 m

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I will breath much easier on the 10th,
or I will be dodging fireballs from the sky,
Either way, it will be interesting to look back on the topic of YU55.

My personal opinion is that they do not know if it will hit us or not, so just in case, they are setting up a "test" of a new nationwide system. Imagine what would be going on right now in the world if the public knew there was an asteroid about to hit us on the 8th/9th of Nov. The world would be in an uproar.

There does seem to be a lot of clues that this could be more than just a test. I am open to the idea and nervously watching.

They can kill two birds with one stone. If it misses us, they got to test out the system, if it hits us or the moon, they get to use the system, either way it is a win for the Gov. Better to be safe than sorry.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Asdead

If I am not mistaken, they changed that to 400m, double what they thought a year ago.
I am double checking as I type.

NEO List

It is listed at 400m which is what I thought.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by curiouswa

"The UN paper (attached) claims an asteroid will hit the Pacific Ocean causing mile high tsunamis on 11/9/11"

I did not see that anywhere in the attached drill document.

Where does the UN acknowledge an asteroid? Show the proof or quit fear mongering.
edit on 26-10-2011 by ColAngus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Sorry. But you can't just post a list of conferences set for a weekend in Denver last month then post a youtube video of Pat Robertson babbling on like a mental patient and expect anyone to take you seriously.

BTW,,,,where is this X supposed to be on Google maps?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
WRONG-OOOOOOOOO!!! 200,000 miles is VERY far from earth imo.

the earth is roughly 24,000 miles in diameter which means that little spit of an asteroid is roughly 8-9 times as far away as the distance around the earth. So basically, in relevant earth distances, the asteroid is very far from earth and would have to shift its course quite drastically to hit our little blue ball

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
If your not lazy and don't want to brow through the drill.......there are quite a few other locations that this drill can be centered around. NOT just the area being focused and fear mongered about. I saw this same stupid fear mongering article on the other web site. Little to zero threat in you post/claims. Just more fear mongering blah blah blah.

These aren't the doomdroids your looking for!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiouswa
More and more people are having prophetic dreams of an asteroid impacting the earth and mile high tsunamis going as far inland as Oklahoma.

Even assuming all the rest was completely true, it seems like there are two infinitely more reasonable explanations for this:

1) Asteroids, close calls, and real disasters (tsunamis, earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, etc) are all over the news these days. Surely that would affect people's dreams...

2) Sites like these allow more and more people to easily share such visions or dreams. Years ago, you would have had to publish your own blog, participate in a BBS, or just talk to people; now, you can share whatever you want with the entire planet in a matter of seconds.

Or you could say that it's because doom really is coming... again... well, OK, last time it didn't come... but this time, it REALLY will... for real... trust me...

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by curiouswa

First off the EAS system did not exist on 9-11 and is a recent evolution to a system that has been in placer since the 60's known as EBS. EBS was an alert system used regionally...EAS is an alert system to be tested for the first time on a national level because it has just been instituted.

Please qyuit with the doomsday thread based on total nonsense and grow up.
edit on 10/26/2011 by DJMSN because: correction

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I don't trust NASA's calculations.
They have crashed and blown up, and smashed things into planets enough to prove they get it wrong sometimes.

Or they got it right,
and we don't know because they are not telling us.
Or they got it right and it will miss.

Only time will tell.

Talking about this NEO is not fear mongering because it IS a threat or it would not be called NEO.
It is the largest object that we know of to pass this close to the earth and moon until around 2026.

So if it does miss us, nothing else as large will come as close for a while and we all can have faith in that fact.

To dismiss something like this as total fiction is foolish. There are many different possibilities when something comes as close as this is coming to the planet. There is a lot of unknowns with space and gravity, and there is a history of asteroid impacts on planet earth.

I guess the point is to just be aware. It is the smart thing to do.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitch303

It can't that would be impossible. While a tsunami can travle at 500 mph over the ocean once it reaches land it can go so far. I think it can only go maybe up to 15 miles inland and that is even stretching it. If anyone has any evidence it can travel further inland than that please correct me. The problem is without a water source a tsunami can only go as big as the actual wave is. If the wave is one mile then wouldn't only go one mile inland?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The comet in the movie was not Elenin. They called it Ellie. Close, but no cigar

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiouswa
Nov. 9th is a significant date. This is the date we will "test" our emergency broadcast system (never done before this date, and never used, not even when 9/11 happened, or Pearl Harbor).

Asteroid YU55 will be between Earth and the Moon, or 200,000 miles away, which is close.

Facts:
The United Nations (UN) published a tsunami drill paper (first ever) with a scheduled tsunami drill date of 11/9/11.
The UN paper (attached) claims an asteroid will hit the Pacific Ocean causing mile high tsunamis on 11/9/11
unesdoc.unesco.org...

Fact:

This drill has been done before.
From the above link:

A Pacific-wide tsunami exercise is an effective tool for evaluating the readiness of the PTWS
and to identify changes that can improve its effectiveness. The first Pacific-wide exercise,
“Exercise Pacific Wave 06” (IOC/INF-1244), was carried out on 16 and 17 May 2006 using
Philippines and Chile tsunami sources. The second exercise “Exercise Pacific Wave 08”
(IOC/2008/TS/82), was carried out from 28 to 30 October 2008 using a northeast Japan source.

So why is it being done again?

At the Twenty-third Session of the ICG/PTWS held in Apia, Samoa, from 16 to 18 February
2009, Member States reviewed “Exercise Pacific Wave 08”, its findings and recommendations.
Acknowledging the common occurrence of large earthquakes in the Southwest Pacific and its
ensuing tsunami hazard, and recognising exercises as a good vehicle to improve response
readiness and publicise awareness of tsunamis, Member States recommended to hold a third
Pacific-wide tsunami exercise to especially assist Pacific Island Countries in better preparing
for the next tsunami.

From your linked article above.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
reply to post by Fitch303

It can't that would be impossible. While a tsunami can travle at 500 mph over the ocean once it reaches land it can go so far. I think it can only go maybe up to 15 miles inland and that is even stretching it. If anyone has any evidence it can travel further inland than that please correct me. The problem is without a water source a tsunami can only go as big as the actual wave is. If the wave is one mile then wouldn't only go one mile inland?

Actually, it is the length of the tsunami, not the height, that determines how far it can travel.

There are various factors that determine how far inland a tsunami can go.

Here is a list of factors involved:

1. The terrain of the land and the height of the tsunami wave. If the land is mountainous the tsunami would probably not go very far; however, if it is lowland, it may wash inland for several kilometers.

2. Another important factor in a tsunami is the volume of water displaced. It is not the height of a tsunami that gives it momentum over land, but the length.

3. The angle at which the tsunami reaches land and the geographical shape of the coastline: A concave coastline will suffer more damage than a convex coastline that can deflect the water movement.

4. Land forms slow them down considerably. The distance travelled inland is directly related to the change in elevation.

Note, an earthquake's impact, in the form of tsunamis, can also travel halfway around the world in the ocean. For instance, the earthquake off the shore of Japan in 2011 created tsunamis reaching the United State's pacific coast line.

The 2011 Tsunami in Japan

Most scientists reported that the 33-foot tsunami wave made it 6 miles inland, with washed up shrapnel and water reaching 10 miles or more inland.

Read more: wiki.answers.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I also read the tsunamis can travel in rivers and lakes. I suppose a tsunami could make it very far inland if a river is connected to a large body of water or something.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Maybe Just posting to keep track of this one

Would be nice to see the UN document

OK here it is
unesdoc.unesco.org...
edit on 26-10-2011 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Trillium

Yeah, that link is in the OP.

But I don't see any reference or acknowledgment by the UN to an asteroid on November 9 or any other date.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join