It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual events surrounding Nov. 9, 2011 - is an asteroid due to hit Earth?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by curiouswa

OP, some of your arguments make sense, and I tend to agree some coincindents are quite creepy, and while 200K miles is a lot and I suppose we're safe...

HOWEVER what really makes me shiver is a fragment from the document you linked:

EXERCISE PACIFIC WAVE 11
A Pacific-wide Tsunami Warning
and Communication Exercise
9–10 November 2011
Exercise Manual

fragment says:

"14. REAL EVENTS DURING EXERCISE PLAY
In the case of a real event occurring during the exercise, PTWC, NWPTAC, and/or WCATWC
will issue their normal message products for the event. Such messages will be given full priority
and a decision will be made by each international centre whether to continue or cease their
participation in the exercise. Smaller earthquakes that only trigger a Tsunami Information
Bulletin will not disrupt the exercise.
Nationally, each country may suspend or terminate the exercise for their own reasons"

Well, this one is scary.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Good catch on the UN statement about if the drill ends up being a real event!

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Geeze. I really really really really really really hope we don't all die on my birthday.

And I thought having deal with it being on Sunday every once in a while was lame....

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
The UNESCO document won't come up for me, I would be really interested to see it. A lot of things going on for 11 9 11. We will have to wait to see if something happens. Not much you can do about an asteroid.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
here is another ATS discussion on this very subject, but there are people contributing more information to this intriguing topic.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I actually think you and many others could be right. I've looked at YU55 for a while now, before Elenin in fact...however when you ask this question:

Why, out of nowhere, would the USA and United Nations hold a drill on Nov. 9, 2011, the same date as the asteroid YU55?

I can't help but think: "No matter what date the USA & UN chose, ATS members would have found something to fit it....eg. Denver, Elenin, Harold Camping, Dark Knight etc. etc. and thats just 4 from the past few weeks!! This is why ATS is fast becoming a laughing stock, and now conspiracy theorists are looking more guillable than ever before.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by stonedogdiary

Even if it did hit us, it would not wipe everyone out although things might get interesting for a little while.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
link regarding YU55

www.space.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by curiouswa

Facts:
The United Nations (UN) published a tsunami drill paper (first ever) with a scheduled tsunami drill date of 11/9/11.
The UN paper (attached) claims an asteroid will hit the Pacific Ocean causing mile high tsunamis on 11/9/11

Your 'facts' are made up bull# and nothing more. You obviously didn't even read through the paper you posted yourself, did you ? The paper CLEARLY states, that the Scenario deals with Tsunamis generated by strong earthquakes.

"The exercise scenarios include major tsunamis generated by great earthquakes in the
following areas:
• Kamchatka (Kuril–Kamchatka Trench)
• Ryukyu Islands (Nansei–Shoto Trench)
• Philippines–South China Sea (Manila Trench)
• Philippines–Pacific Ocean (Philippines Trench)
• Vanuatu (New Hebrides Trench)
• Tonga (Tonga Trench)
• Northern Chile (Peru–Chile Trench)
• Ecuador (Colombia–Ecuador Trench)
• Central America (Middle America Trench)
• Aleutian Islands (Aleutian Trench)
"

And the scale on the accompanying map doesn't show anything about "Mile high Tsunamis" either, to be precisely the legend ends with roughly 11 Meters around the epicenter.

What a load of bs.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
if you would have read a thread I made a few posts after the original, you would have saw that I stated that I commented in error. Don't just focus on one misstatement I made, what about all the odd scenarios surrounding that date? If you have nothing to add, then don't respond at all and move on.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

this video is laid out well explaining there is no chance YU55 will hit the Earth or Moon. This does not mean that the date Nov. 9th is not unusual.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I had a discussion with a math wiz at work about the possibility of this thing hitting us. I started the discussion with the premise that the Earth's gravity would be strong enough to pull this object in. It is traveling at ~13km per second, just above the ~11km per second it takes to escape Earth's gravity. Looks like we will be fine.

"crosses fingers"

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
That is an interesting math formula. I had no idea, thanks for sharing.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

The news is now broadcasting YU55's close approach.

Near Earth Object YU55/ Nov.8th close Approach.

www.nsf.gov...

Unesco document link unesdoc.unesco.org...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
just released 11/2/11

www.newswise.com...

and
Although the asteroid's orbit regularly brings it into the vicinity of Earth, the November encounter is the closest it has come for at least the last 200 years, astronomers said.

The last time an asteroid this big came as close to Earth was in 1976, although astronomers were unaware of the flyby at the time.

The next known approach of an asteroid this large will be in 2028, NASA said.

Read more: www.upi.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I don't think the asteroid is going to hit the earth, it is too far away. It would be cool if it hit the moon and make a cool show. The earth seem to survive when the moon get impacts, because there is a lot of craters on the moon.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

The EBS system now called EAS or emergency alert system has been used over and over repeatedly. Tornado warnings and Bad thunder storms...high winds...amber alerts...and hurricanes...and yes it is tested over and over...please stop saying it has not been used before now.

The difference is the new system is a national system instead of regional and a national center has control of the system and since it is now digital they can and will break into programming to provide a test on Nov 9, 2011 and if the system works as advertised (which I doubt) it will be tested on a regular basis from here on. I can forsee lots of problems and they will have to spend more money to fix it.

You continue to say it has never been used when it has been over and over...they tested it just the other morning on a national level and yes had some problems. I work in radio and television and there use to be a sealed envelope in each studio as part of the EBS system which had code words and the associating alpha numeric code words used to authnicate an actually emergency. the system came out in the 1963...in the event of a national emergency the code word would be given and you authenicated it by opening the envelope and matching up the words...never had to do it nor did any one else because never a national emergency only regional ones and EBS became EAS in the late 90's and now its changed again so quite stirring up doom and gloom its all nonsense and u know it
edit on 11/3/2011 by DJMSN because: correction

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Hi - I'm new to this forum, but have been following it recently. I don't necessarily agree or disagree with anyone, but I am very nervous for a few reasons.

1. They run the EAS (using a LIVE CODE for the first time ever I'm led to believe), at the exact same time as they run a tsunami alert drill, at the exact same time as Elenin and Yu55 are making a lot of people very nervous.

2. On top of that, according to Wikipedia re the EAS, "Normal programming cannot resume until the transmission of an Emergency Action Termination message", however Fema have advised that "An Emergency Action Termination message (EAT) will NOT be used during the Test. An End of Message (EOM) will be sent to return the station to regular programming". There is a difference.

It all just makes me very nervous.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mills5

2. On top of that, according to Wikipedia re the EAS, "Normal programming cannot resume until the transmission of an Emergency Action Termination message", however Fema have advised that "An Emergency Action Termination message (EAT) will NOT be used during the Test. An End of Message (EOM) will be sent to return the station to regular programming". There is a difference.

What is the difference between an EAT and an EOM?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
These things are pretty easy to track and plot via telescope. If an astroid was to hit, the story would have leaked by now.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join