It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are some of the more non-corrupt news sources?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Besides ATS (obviously), what are some of the more honest news sources?

FOX is to right, MSNBC is to left and the National Enquirer is just plain goofy.

I have been going to Reuters lately but it is just so hard to believe what is real news and what we are being led to believe is the real news.

Are all MSM sources corrupt?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ohiotim2112

Russia Today is a good place to start.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

I don't think there are any.

They all have an agenda.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

All news is "interpreted" today.
Just depends on who does the interpreting.

You can find real news even watching MSNBC. If you know how they are interpeting it, then you can filter out their take and garner actual value.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Democracy Now.

Are you sure you don't want to renew your subscription to Faux News: Unfair and Biased?

edit on 22-10-2011 by Nurv47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Drudgereport is my source.Other than the obvious leaning toward the republicans.....Otherwise I think it's great!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I think the best news sources are from (we the people)....by word of mouth.....those who are and were there... and/or know people who were... that they can trust....who have first-hand knowledge of whatever the circumstances happen to be.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
You have to pick and choose, as a wise man once told me: "take everything that you see on the evening news with a grain of salt".

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Every media source has their interests and choose what news to present and how to "distort" accordingly. Be it because pressure of owners,government ,need for commercials and tons of other stuff.
The only thing one can do to get as complete picture as possible is to read multiple sources with different agenda and to think for himself what really goes on.
Not perfect. But really i see no other choice.
Even sources that are clear propaganda are useful because you can understand the angle of owners. Only thing that is not worthy of wasting time are known hoaxers.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
All media has an agenda, all media has a spin. to find a true unbiased media source, you would have to look long and hard, it is a unicorn.

when the media of the world is owned by a handful of people a virtual monopoly develops that crushes true honest reporting. There really is no right or left bias in the media, there is only different versions of corporatist agendas only. All major media exists to do one thing and one thing only, to control the flow of information. there are no attempts by the media to be "fair and balanced" that is a misnomer.

media is controlled by the elite, the .5% the only way to gain actual true facts and information is to witness it yourself. do not believe anything that is posted on any major media site or news channel as it has all been run through the elite filters long before it is presented to the masses.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I typically do read from a number of sources and try to get as much info as possible for whatever story I am interested in.

Drudge report is a site I have never looked at before. I will check that one out. Russia Today... not so sure about but thanks for the suggestion.

The Onion has always been a good one as well so..

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
ats

every news source has an agenda but its really up to the reader to learn how to read spin..
you can learn all you need from most news sources if you dont get swayed by emotion. take everything with a grain of salt and verify the statments with independent sources.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
MSM has their bosses' agendas to fulfill so we aren't getting any truth there.
Alternative media like Infowars has to keep even boring stuff interesting, for rating and financial reasons, but I don't think AJ makes up anything, he just exaggerates and embellishes at times.

I prefer listening to these alternative media shows' callers, they are the eyes and ears out there that aren't tainted by corporate greed.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Well certainly do not choose Fox news - Owned by te biggest hacking criminal on the planet.

Sky news, Fox News Sister channel, I wouldn't pick that either, as bias as Fox is.
ABC News
BBC News, although funded by the Public the Government has more say with regards to this channel than we do.
CNN, yes as bad as the BBC with their lies etc.

V

RT News, funded by the Russian Government.
Press TV Funded by Iranian Government supposingly.
Democracy now.
ATS News

You pick the choice is yours.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w

Russia Today is a good place to start.

Yes, "We the people" should believe anything a news organization with the name "Russia" in its title to be a neutral news organization.

RT, previously known as Russia Today, is a global multilingual television news network based in the Russian Federation run by RIA Novosti, the 100% government controlled state-run Russian media outlet.

They are ALL biased because in the end they are ALL owned by individuals and corporations that have personal agendas.

I personally am intelligent enough to know the difference between the truth and a fabrication of the truth.

I have found it better to look at foreign English speaking news sources to get the perspective from their point of view on the topic or subject at hand.

I read all the major English papers and also the Australian news sources.

These links are my sources.

Newspapers of the world.

Newseum
edit on 10/22/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
ATS is not really a news source, all the news and breaking news is sourced from other news outlets, whether that be the mainstream or from peoples blogs. You may get your news from ATS, but those threads have all got their material from other sources.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I get all my news from newspapers.

Preferably the Washington post.

The wall street journal is good most of the time too.
edit on 22-10-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ohiotim2112 I have been going to Reuters lately but it is just so hard to believe what is real news and what we are being led to believe is the real news.

Reuters and Associated Press are Roothchild's owned although i always seemed to like the way they provide their news...
edit on 22-10-2011 by polar because: add quote

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
www.informationclearinghouse.info...
www.corbettreport.com...
www.globalresearch.ca...
wattsupwiththat.com...

you can check these out and make up your own mind as to what they may provide for you ...peace

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ohiotim2112
Besides ATS (obviously), what are some of the more honest news sources?

FOX is to right, MSNBC is to left and the National Enquirer is just plain goofy.

I have been going to Reuters lately but it is just so hard to believe what is real news and what we are being led to believe is the real news.

All of these are either simply neutral or are still in their infancy stages and have yet to be completely corrupted when it comes to world news. I see some people adding links to obvious left and right wing mouth pieces (obviously they think it's honest) but don't buy it. If you see even a hint of bias, beware.

nrk.no (Norway)
aljazeera.com (Middle East)
rt.com (Eastern Europe)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join