It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You don't scare me anymore!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Boy did I get jaded quick

ele's
tptb
illuminati
earthquakes
comets
false flags
aliens
etc
etc

..... well I guess its not really your fault your theories are all full of holes
..... and I was indifferent to slasher films by the time I was 10, so maybe its just me

But all of this is BS

:::sigh::: I miss the good old days (4 months ago) when every thread scared the hell out of me

now I just come for a laugh.... but some of it is not even funny

I bet, I JUST BET there are actual real things going on in the world that are important, that we should take notice of - but we're TOO BUSY trying to connect a non-existant comet with earthquakes - we're too busy trying to fit together the pieces of something that happened over 10 years ago

What are you really going to find out in the End?

I can tell you right now.
That your efforts are futile.

You have no power. You can't change the past. And posting on a website isn't going to change the future.

And I'm sorry..... but YOU WILL DIE - its proven historically and scientifically and theoretically and every possible way you can prove it. You are going to die. I am going to die. And the world will continue on without us.

Log off. Tune into reality. Stop letting the media control you, whether it be completely towards their ideas, or completely opposite their ideas.

Find a middle ground, then you'll find peace.

/rant

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Yeah I am not afraid to die either.

But , you gotta admit, it is enjoyable to rant about the things we think may kill us.

Without strategic communication between each other, humans would be mere animals in the jungle.

If there were a real danger to humanity, spreading information about it and thinking about it would be preferable because it would give us a higher percentage of success in overcoming such challenges.

So I would rather be afraid and wrong, rather than fearless and wrong.
Better to be safe than sorry I say!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
It seems to me like you're a bit overwhelmed.
It happens went you face so much info & disinfo.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
One thing I will say though is that our efforts are not futile.

The guy who's efforts it was to get rich and spend everyday living it up in paradise sipping martinis, his efforts were not futile now were they because it produced tangible results.

If that guy's efforts are not futile, than neither are mine.
However if mine are futile, so are his.
Two way street there.

I have never really felt my efforts were futile, but then again I believe I have a clear purpose and my goals are well defined, and so I can typically measure the results in a tangible way.

If I can cause a person to question themselves or their beliefs, if I can cause them to re-evaluate their disposition, than I am successful.

link   

link   
reply to post by Forevever

so that list is the sum of all your fears?

maybe there is something yet to be discovered that will scare the pants off of you?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
There is a word for it: Jaded.

I was just like you when I joined, and I joined during the infamous Oct. Ufo flap last year. Now that was exciting!

Now my B.S. Meter is made of solid gold.

Patterns start emerging which makes you wonder.....who is really behind some of this stuff

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
he is right though, ows and 9/11 are the real issues the world needs to deal with

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by a1red3

No mad science. No evil religious order. No world dictator.

Wow how old are you?

No mad science? Oh please.

No evil religious order? Ah no? lol

No world dictator? Not one but many

ETA:

Yeah, totally. Fuc!< you and your conspiracies

This coming from a member who's part of a conspiracy board, seriously I dont understand some people.
edit on 21-10-2011 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever
Boy did I get jaded quick

ele's
tptb
illuminati
earthquakes
comets
false flags
aliens
etc
etc

..... well I guess its not really your fault your theories are all full of holes
..... and I was indifferent to slasher films by the time I was 10, so maybe its just me

But all of this is BS

:::sigh::: I miss the good old days (4 months ago) when every thread scared the hell out of me

now I just come for a laugh.... but some of it is not even funny

I bet, I JUST BET there are actual real things going on in the world that are important, that we should take notice of - but we're TOO BUSY trying to connect a non-existant comet with earthquakes - we're too busy trying to fit together the pieces of something that happened over 10 years ago

What are you really going to find out in the End?

I can tell you right now.
That your efforts are futile.

You have no power. You can't change the past. And posting on a website isn't going to change the future.

And I'm sorry..... but YOU WILL DIE - its proven historically and scientifically and theoretically and every possible way you can prove it. You are going to die. I am going to die. And the world will continue on without us.

Log off. Tune into reality. Stop letting the media control you, whether it be completely towards their ideas, or completely opposite their ideas.

/rant

"If you always do what you always did you always get what you always got" and we always die!!!
Step away from the computer and enjoy life it is so short... Your feelings are felt by many.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

This is a conspiracy board. 99.9% of whats here will always be untrue. Fanatics will always be attracted to here like iron to a magnet. That's just the way it is.

I see part of Denying Ignorance as being exposed to it and learning to recognize it. If that's where you are, that is a good thing.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

*sigh*

Not as long as I'm in a world where billions are constantly in an ongoing state of starvation, people who've done no harm to others are routinely hassled and locked up, the ultra-rich and powerful act with complete disregard for effectively everyone else, and I'm utterly bewildered trying to figure out what on earth I can do to try to fix any of it so I just do my little bits here and there and fall into bad habits by way of coping mechanisms - all other specific details aside.

Couple that with my recognition of death leading to the effective meaninglessness of it all and my spiritual faith and we're left at:
I am cognitive dissonance.
edit on 10/21/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

my friends give me a lot of grief because i dont fear what the world has become and what you read in the news. i try to see all this as an opportunity, we as a civilization can learn from these mistakes. even though history dictates otherwise. i ask them often what exactly are they afraid of and the ROOT cause is their own mortality.
no one has ever made it out of here alive...........
edit on 21-10-2011 by MCKITHERNJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I like the threads that are posted on ATS,
even the BS ones because I get a laugh out of it.
Maybe you should stop ranting and contribute to ATS.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
how about oprahs face?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by brindle
how about oprahs face?

LOL the only thing worth replying to

but no, she's not scary either

its just funny

I got responses as expected

group a) fights for their conspiracy
group b) agrees that most of it is boring
group c) missed the point entirely....

LOL then there's the guy who said I'm jaded
wasn't that the first line in the OP?

welcome to ATS.

For those who missed it, the point was that the overall entertainment value has dropped considerably in a short period of time.

For those who think I'm wrong..... well... prove it

There are pages upon pages of threads on this forum (and others), and they don't prove anything - so what magick have you?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
maybe there is something yet to be discovered that will scare the pants off of you?

Yeah again today, coming to ATS, I'm reminded of what really scares me...

How stupid people really are.

How gullible are some, how self important the others.....

Moreso the ones who not only deny ignorance, but also deny the truth.

I'm torn between wanting to educate, but knowing that they won't listen to me anyway, and even if I do manage to get them to see something - there'll be another one along to take their place.

Its a losing battle. I can't win.

I know that I'm not perfect. I know that I believe in things that are not real (because I believe the belief is more important than what you believe in) and I can freely admit what those things are. I know that I'm narcissistic at times.... but I don't steal little quotes out of the Bible and pretend I read it - I don't try to spread fear for some tangible (or even intangible) gain - I don't resort to insults when my argument fails - I just admit my argument fails and let someone smarter than I take over - and metaphorically, I don't pretend ants are elephants (if ye can dig that).

This doesn't make me better than anyone either - it just makes me different - and alone.

I am not part of any flock. I have yet to meet a flock I'd want to be part of.

Luckily, memories cannot be trusted
I will walk away and forget - just like I somehow forget this - everytime I leave, until I come back.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join