It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A secret? or nonsense?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Just wanted to make a thread to find out what the general belief on this subject is.

I have been using techniques that are part of a theory called the law of attraction, for many years now.

I first heard about it during the hype involving the Secret DVD.

I bought and watched the DVD and thought i would give a try, to my astonishment it seemed to work. The idea behind it is the universe will help you achieve your dreams, all you have to do is focus and imagine what you want and the universe will help to deliver it. Also it promotes positive thinking (which can only be good)

It is also a belief held by many ancient and indigenous populations of the world. i.e The Huna System of Hawaii.

I have researched into the subject and read many books. Although it was what first introduced me to it, i found the secret to be more of a money making hype thing, but that doesn't mean the foundations of which it was built (the law of attraction) is not real or doesn't work.

As i mentioned it seemed to work for me in a mind blowing way, receiving exactly what i asked for and when i requested it.

What is the general opinion of it around here? Does anyone else use it?

I watch this video as often as i can. I think it is well made with a really beautiful soundtrack.

Chloe..

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
well i´ve been imagining myself sleeping on a bed made of 100 dollar bills for years now....

still nothing

just kidding though, i´ve got to admit i´ve never tried it and i´m not going to,

i don´t believe the hype.

as i´m sure people in 3 world countries think of a life without hunger daily.. yet they´re still living in misery.

so no... it´s bogus in my eyes...

just curious

As i mentioned it seemed to work for me in a mind blowing way, receiving exactly what i asked for and when i requested it.

what did you get?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I have long been a believer in the idea that we create and manifestations our thoughts and lives. A long time ago (probably 16 years ago) my husband and I went through an adult education course where we learned about a LOT of "life tools". One exercise was to draw a picture of our "long-term vision". Each of us (separately) drew a picture of us on a farm with gardens and animals, even though we had no idea how it might come about. Ten years ago, this vision manifested, complete with the fir trees in my picture.

I don't think it's a secret, but I definitely don't think it's nonsense.
I believe that focus, determination, and positive thought definitely leads to success and contentment.
edit on 10/11/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Hi BH!

I don't think it's a secret, but I definitely don't think it's nonsense. I believe that focus, determination, and positive thought definitely leads to success and contentment.
I agree with you. The part I quoted is the key, I believe.

Nice Avvie!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w
well i´ve been imagining myself sleeping on a bed made of 100 dollar bills for years now....

still nothing

just curious

what did you get?

Thank you for your input.

In my experience this is how it works. Firstly you have to be realistic in what you ask for. It doesn't just hand it to you on a plate, you have to follow the signs that guide you to achieving your goal. i.e If you ask for a bed of 100 dollar bills, it wont just appear, that's impossible. It will guide you to getting the money so that you eventually have enough to make a bed of money.. If you do it your dream will be fulfilled.
Also it doesn't happen overnight, it can take weeks, months or even years for it to manifest, it depends on the nature of your request.

Things I received included, the means and the ways of traveling around the world for more than 2 years. I also received the exact amount of money on exactly the day i needed it, and im not talking about a small amount either. There are literally hundreds of examples i could give you.

Now, this is never just given to you. You have to work for it, you have to visualize it, you have to feel it, follow the signs most importantly you have to believe you will achieve what you desire.

C

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
In 1989, my sister and I (and her young son) decided to move from Arizona to Oregon. Both of us, having been unlucky at love for years, held the vision that we would meet our future life partners if we moved there. It was as if the state was calling us. Neither of us had ever even visited Oregon or know anything about it, but we felt compelled to move there. So, we both sold our homes, packed up a U-Haul and relocated, without jobs, homes or ANY of the things you're supposed to have lined up before you move. My house was still on the market, in fact. But move, we did.

We both married in 1992 and have since relocated back to the Southwest WITH our partners.

Life is good.

reply to post by butcherguy

I have many examples or manifestation in my life.

edit on 10/11/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I believe that we do create our own reality, both individually and collectively. There is beauty to be seen in everything and everyone. We are all here to experience and learn from this life. Gratitude is a powerful gift that we all have the ability to give and receive. If we focus on our problems then they will persist and likely get worse. If we focus on reasons to hate or dislike other people then we live with hate and dislike. We can choose instead to focus on the similarities we have with other people, and we can celebrate the uniqueness, beauty and love that each individual person has to offer. I went through many years of depression. I bought into the idea that depression is a disease and once you are diagnosed with it you are pretty much hopeless. I took antidepressants, but they didn't fix the problem. They just turned me into a zombie. One day while flipping channels on tv I heard Dr. Wayne Dyer say "There is no such thing as depression, only people who think depressing thoughts". Even though I was in denial about what he had said those words stuck with me. After a few more years of living with depression I realized he was so right. I started noticing the way I reacted to other people. People in general would just aggravate me. I didn't like their fakeness. I didn't like the way they looked or acted. I focused on that negative stuff about other people and my own self all the time. Once I finally realized this I slowly began to recognize when one of these negative thoughts popped in my head... and I laughed at it! Fighting against the negativity does not work! It only feeds it and gives energy to it. You have to accept the negativity(fear) for what it is. It's an opportunity. Without the darkness we would never appreciate the light. I started looking at the good in other people. Now I am at the point where the good is all that I see because I realized the beauty of both the negative and the positive. We can do this with all things in life not just people. I can't tell you how much I have changed just by simply CHOOSING to change the way I look at and react to people and life itself. No more depression! Fill your hearts with love and only happiness can follow. Btw- Great video!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Double post
edit on 11-10-2011 by Hitsuzen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by misscurious

Confirmation bias, post hoc ergo propter hoc, pick and choose the logical fallacies. You only "ask" for things that are realistic, things that can happen eventually regardless of whether or not they are asked for. You set no time limit on when these things may occur. When they do eventually occur, you interpret that as confirmation that you got what you asked for--even though there's no mechanism connecting the asking with the getting. And I bet you don't keep records of things you asked for that the universe hasn't delivered, or all those times the universe didn't deliver exactly what you needed exactly when you needed it.

If this framework makes you a better person, go for it. But it isn't a physical or metaphysical law, it's a religious belief, relying entirely on faith.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I absolutely HATE things like "the secret" with a passion, the myth that anything in the world is available to you if you only work hard enough and that success and getting the things you want is just down to your own effort.
Many things play a role in if someone gets to achieve their goals in life like the position they started off from in the first place, their education and social status and sometimes just pure dumb luck.

A child born into starvation and abject poverty in Ethiopia isn't going to get a little lovely farmhouse in the countryside no matter how many times he wishes it, no ones terminal disease is going to be cured by them hoping it isnt there tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

It is that "HATE" that holds people back. Choose to use all that energy that you are currently giving to hate and transfer it to LOVE, forgiveness and gratitude. It may not make you win the lottery, but you will be a much happier person. However, if you are content living in hate, then by all means do so. Just realize that it is YOU who is making that choice.
edit on 11-10-2011 by Hitsuzen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Hitsuzen

Choosing to hate something that cons good people out of their hard earned money does not mean i'm "living in hate" what an earth does "living in hate" even mean?

Embrace con artistry and live in loving ignorance. great message

Space star ordering is based on the twin scientific principles of star maths and whishey thinking. If that doesn't convince you then maybe you just dont deserve to get what you want

edit on 11-10-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I think that if a person is positive in their trust in the best possible outcome - given the realities of a situation, of course - then that positive trust can affect the outcome. I don't buy into the overblown claims that "The Secret" video stars make, but the premise isn't pure crap.

The thing is that future developments are exactly that - in development, and if a person is able to intuitively tune into the overall progressive flow of that development, and adjust to it (as opposed to being intimidated by it, or negatively oriented toward the fact of it), then they can "work with it" in the same way that a baseball infielder works with the uneven surface of the infield, and how it affects the forward trajectory of a ball that's ripping through that specific environment on its way toward him. The best infielders have an intuitive sense about a ball that's hit into their area of concern, and are ahead of other infielders by just that much to make the difference in their fielding percentages. Is it supernatural? No. It's a combination of muscle memory (for quick reaction), and the brain's capacity to instantly calculate a progressive trajectory of events (an event chain) as it initiates, to ensure that the glove interrupts the ball's established trajectory before it squirts through to the outfield. Basically, lining up collisions between what he can control with what he wants to control.

In people who are gifted at "being at the right place at the right time", it's a similar brain calculation capacity, and if one focuses their effort of refining that capacity, and has the positive belief that focusing on that refinement effort will pay off in the end, then they will become much better at intuitively placing themselves in the proper position to "collide" with the good fortune they desire, with the right overall response to the opportunity that will likely present itself when that collision occurs.

There are people who are extremely gifted in the art of trajectory calculation and even manipulation. The Secret is about being able to refine your ability to align your own forward trajectory with a trajectory that you want to collide with. Nothing mysterious about that.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Agree!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by misscurious
What is the general opinion of it around here? Does anyone else use it?

It is my opinion that the universe will give you everything you ask from it. Because existence truly is how you perceive it, and by altering your perceptions, you alter the universe.

However... I also believe that the universe will never give you those things exactly the way you want them. There is a Monkey's Paw effect, possibly created by your own subconscious. So you better be very, very careful about what you want to manifest.

The things you think will make you the happiest will grow to cause you the most pain. Love will inevitably lead to misery and pain when it dies. Fame and fortune will come at a price you will likely regret paying.

But as long as you go into it with your eyes open, you can benefit from it. You can rule the world, if that's what you want to do.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by misscurious

The video was wonderful, thank you.

It is my experience that the 'Law of Attraction' does work. Additionally, it is my experience that prayer also works. They are the same concept in principle. What does the Law of Attraction entail? Positive thinking, gratitude, thankfulness, projecting, focusing on a thing, etc. Doesn't that sound like the same way people pray to their gods? "Dear God, thank you for all that you have given me, please give me that which I wish, and give me strength to be grateful for what You have given me."

This Thing is the same thing that manifests through the Law of Attraction, or prayer, or incantations, or spells, or through sheer will power, or for the wishful thinker, and even through miracles and coincidences. Many try to put a copyright and trademark on this sacred thing, but what power would they yield if all realized the truth?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I think it is false to believe that remaining positive all the time will bring you your hearts desires. While I don't discount the facts of creation and manifestation, you must know both sides. You must understand the dark to see the light.

It is definitely true that a positive, upbeat person will attain more...just from disposition, however it is a short-term effect and to sustain that is actually detrimental to spiritual growth.

Many of the light workers, although their heart is in the right place, do not see. They do not see clearly that which they need to see. They follow because they like the idea of positive and light....which is great...but you will not achieve it without seeing and understanding the dark.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
The thing about the Secret is that you have to do so realistically. Lottery? nah. New clothing? Nah. Envisioning yourself at the job you want making a good salary and being happy? Yes. Envisioning yourself stress free and it rolling off your back? yes.

however, I tried it before and was about to go on a 3 week trip with two friends. I had 100 dollars and the gals were going to pay my way. I felt so bad. I found the secret and envisioned myself (as i wasn't getting paid til the first week into the trip) having a little extra money. The big govt stimulus was going on at the time and mine wasn't to come for another 6 weeks. Well...... that 800 dollars came that next morning, the day I was to leave that after noon for my trip. coincidence? I dunno. I guess it works if you are sincere about what you need. A bed made of 100 dollar bills is not realistic nor sincere. I really did NOT want to mooch off my friends even though they had far more than enough money.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Yes, that is it! Focusing on the future and wishing...is a very treacherous thing. You may be handed what you want in a skewed form.

I guess the old saying of "live in the moment" and "Now" would apply. But it is not just to live in the moment, but to take and active conscious part of the moment. As in question your thoughts. And, when you question your thoughts or don't react to a "now" situation is when you get the most feedback, growth...whatever you want to call it.

Kind of like looking in from the outside on the moment that is you. Whether it be a tense moment, happy moment, angry moment...etc. Take a look and see what you see.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w
still nothing

Be patient.

just kidding though, i´ve got to admit i´ve never tried it and i´m not going to,

Too late. You've already put it out there. You can either own it and control it, or let it happen randomly. I can think of a number of ways to make sleeping on a bed of $100 bills happen. Making the money yourself. Borrowing the money from a bank -- tell them you're going to make a YouTube video. It probably wouldn't cost much to "rent" enough $100 overnight.

See? It can happen. It will happen. Just remember when it does that you asked for it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join