It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Titanium treasure found on Moon

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
As the article says , Titanium treasure found on Moon . So close yet so far away .

The materials are there , just the way of refining them still poses a difficult challenge .
Who is going to lay claim to the deposits , first come first served . Will there be a race to the moon in the future ? Not anytime soon or they may go with I saw it first so it is mine scenario . Then fight us in court to change it . Like dogs going for a bone , it may get ugly .

Article link www.heraldsun.com.au...

Since we have no sustainable place to live on the moon , the deposits may have to sit for an extra long period of time . Will it change the stock prices of the mineral here on our ball of mud . Not likely but you never know what they are capable of .

Some countries will have to zip up and stop the peeing contest and work for the future of humanity , that is like asking who is paying for the drinks at the bar .

"Future miners living and working on the Moon could break down ilmenite to liberate these elements." Someone will have to do a cost effective analysis or other study just for the sake of keeping their job nowadays .

It is still kind of boggling why they print the stuff if they cannot get to it .

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
how can you mine a Death Star?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
maybe nasa has plans to outsource space-exploration to china

however they are on there way, so they say.
at least they don't waste time like we do to make us capable going there

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Necessity is the mother of all invention as they say.

If we need it bad enough we can go get it.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BohemianBrim
how can you mine a Death Star?

by drilling a hole into it !

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
OK, some numbers to crunch.

Apollo 15 mass at launch; 6,699,000 pounds

Portion to achieve earth escape velocity; 103,594 pounds.

Mass of LM at lunar touchdown; 32,399 pounds.

Mass at earth return touchdown; 12,831 pounds.

Mass of payload returned to earth (greatest figure) 170 pounds.

Doesn't sound very profitable does it?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TMJ1972

Um, China is 47 years behind NASA and counting, who took longer?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic

You guys must be too young to remember "Salvage1"

edit on 10/7/1111 by BadNinja68 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
Necessity is the mother of all invention as they say.

If we need it bad enough we can go get it.

What we need is food and water for the starving babies all over the world.

GREED is the mother of invention.

Our masters need more money.

No, you're right, except you're calculating it as if we are still only capable of that ancient technology. We currently have anti-gravity technology like the alien spaceships, so the only hard part will be the mining. Getting it from the Moon back to the Earth's banks will be the easy part.
edit on 10/7/2011 by DieBravely because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by watchdog8110

Haven't you heard of Transformers Darkside of the moon? There is aliens on the moon

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DieBravely

I see, so we have antigravity spacecraft but mining poses a challenge, makes perfect sense doesn't it?

BTW I finished the first of three senior college semesters in 1979, I know it sounds strange to have a 9 semester college, but it was and still is a 9 semester undergrad stint Mr. BadNinja68.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

reply to post by DieBravely

I see, so we have antigravity spacecraft but mining poses a challenge, makes perfect sense doesn't it?

BTW I finished the first of three senior college semesters in 1979, I know it sounds strange to have a 9 semester college, but it was and still is a 9 semester undergrad stint Mr. BadNinja68.

Lighten up, man.

It was a light-hearted comment, not an insult to your vintage.
When I saw tghis thread and the serious posts, I got a flashback to Andy Griffith telling the rest of the cast quite matter of factly, that he was gonna build a rocket, fly to the moon and salvage it.
I got a chuckle, and thought some of the older ATSers might as well, knowing that younger ATSers won't have a clue what Im talking about.

BTW, nice that you could follow the structure of a university. Some can, some can't.
I couldn't handle the structure.
But found a career as a consultant in 11 different fields, and have since retired.
Im now a professional smartass ( according to my wife), and have a black belt in the art of leisure.

link   
Extra question , have the divided up the moon as to who has rights to what area that we know of ? If they have , did they give a time limit as to when each country has to take possession of said property or do they default on that to the banks then ?

link   
Interesting thread...it brought back something I had read about a few years back that Al Bealek had supposedly talked about.

Al also claims there are colonies on Mars, but there is evidence that they have been over run and destroyed, the story goes, by reptilians. He said radio transmissions to earth from the colonies, which were regular, suddenly shut off years ago. Al also says US and Russian interests are mining the back of the moon, bringing titanium back.

here is the link to the page where this was taken.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by BadNinja68

My mood is intrigued, your mood is touchy. I rest my case then.

Congrats on your efforts and accomplishments, live well.

BTW I took no offense, I seem to be a bit defensive maybe at times........but there's a reason for that.... lol!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I thought they were going for He3 ?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

And thus helium 3 enters the conversation, as I outlined best used to support a base ON the moon than anything else, to launch deep space missions with less resistance than our earthly bounds. One needs only something like 2.4 km/sec to achieve lunar escape velocity, earth, 11.2. That's 5,370 mph opposed to 25,100 mph.
Highly elliptical orbits can help using less thrust energy.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Stunning pic from the article located here

Hopefully wont be long before they have created a working space elevator, that would probably make the mining and retrieval of these minerals feasible.

Space elevator

A space elevator is a proposed non-rocket spacelaunch structure (a structure designed to transport material from a celestial body's surface into space).

Many elevator variants have been suggested, all of which involve travelling along a fixed structure instead of using rocket-powered space launch, most often a cable that reaches from the surface of the Earth on or near the equator to geostationary orbit (GSO) and a counterweight outside of the geostationary orbit.

One concept for the space elevator has it tethered to a mobile seagoing platform.

Carbon nanotubes are one of the candidates for a cable material

A seagoing anchor station would incidentally act as a deep-water seaport.

A conceptual drawing of a space elevator climbing through the clouds.

Economics

With a space elevator, materials might be sent into orbit at a fraction of the current cost.

As of 2000, conventional rocket designs cost about $11,000 per pound ($25,000 per kilogram) for transfer to geostationary orbit.

Current proposals envision payload prices starting as low as $100 per pound ($220 per kilogram), similar to the $5–$300/kg estimates of the Launch loop, although nowhere near the $310/ton to 500 km orbit quoted to Dr. Jerry Pournelle for an orbital airship system.

Philip Ragan, co-author of the book "Leaving the Planet by Space Elevator", states that "The first country to deploy a space elevator will have a 95 percent cost advantage and could potentially control all space activities."

Space_elevator
edit on 7/10/11 by Freedom_is_Slavery because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
What ever they MAY be going for changes from time to time . Dragging heals in some respect can be taken from a lack of effort as a whole by dumping huge numbers into the equation in cost effectiveness .

The want and need that people have , be it food or items of pleasure . Everyone can have at least the day to day provisions to sustain them in a healthy and happy life style . That is when the greed takes over .

What they choose to let us see has always been the case in so far as bases are concerned also . Pictures retouched or not available for the sake of paranoia by TPTB that they will loose control of the masses .

They found Titanium on the moon that we apparently cannot get to so far as TPTB have led us to believe . So basically Big Deal , how is that going to make our lives better here and now . The MSM ( face palm ) for the article can only be given that the reporter did write an article that has no real bearing on the real world here .

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Having these resources on the moon is good when we start to think of the moon as a space station. The figures you post show how valuable these resources are being already out of Earth's gravity well. It may never pay to send them back to earth yet it has to be an advantage to have them basically already in orbit.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join