It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people say "God" without giving the specific name of said God?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MentalGiant

with someone who has such strong "beliefs", and feels their "Religion" is superior

You see here you go again, I just told you I don't believe in religion, I don't mix the things of the true God with Hybrid made religion.

Try me! tell me about Tao, I am an open minded person.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human4life

with someone who has such strong "beliefs", and feels their "Religion" is superior

You see here you go again, I just told you I don't believe in religion, I don't mix the things of the true God with Hybrid made religion.

Look into it for yourself. I dont care if you understand or not. Maybe you are not ready. It is not religion. As a matter of Fact, the reason you can even comprehend your God is because you receive Tao. Use Google, better yet. Dont.

Receiving Tao is something an infant does, and if you dont get it, maybe you should'nt. We are through. We disagree. I made a commitment to share awareness of receiving Tao, but I didnt make a commitment to argue over it. Good Luck.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

True God....YOU know the true God?? You are that special?? Laughable...I understand all I ned to know about you now. I bet he talks to you too. I am sure there is hope for you. I gotta go tell everyone I know that Human4life personally knows the TRUE God!!! (Laughing Hysterically)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Thus, the true God is readily distinguishable from the many false gods. He is the almighty Creator of the universe, including planet Earth and mankind upon it. He has a unique personal name- Yahweh. He is no part of a mysterious triune god, or Trinity. He is a God of love, and he wishes only the best for his human creation. But he is also a God of justice, and he will not forever tolerate those who insist on ruining the earth ( Hybrid / Nephilim ) and fomenting wars and violence.

Yahweh has revealed his determination not only to rid the earth of wickedness and suffering but also to make it a paradise where honest hearted people can live forever in happiness. (Psalm 37:10, 11, 29, 34) Almighty God has now installed his Son, Yeshua / Jesus, as the heavenly King of God's Kingdom, and soon Yeshua will usher in that new world of righteousness and restore Paradise conditions to our earth.—Daniel 2:44; Matthew 6:9, 10.

I get it now... You worship the Christian God but in a different way. That is your True God....You know his name and all. OK Cool. I understand your "Horizon", now I gotta go.... far, far away, now..

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Jesus' followers recognized the importance of God's name, and Jesus taught us to pray for God's name to be sanctified. So if any of you don't follow the teachings of Christ, your not in the right track of knowing the true God.

And that makes anyone who opposed the teachings of Christ a Antichrist, are you an Antichrist?
edit on 7-10-2011 by Human4life because: (no reason given)

You are religious!!!!! You follow the teachings of Jesus Christ, quote scripture, and force your name of God on others. You are Religious. But you find yourself superior to others like you know something special that others do not.
Why are you right? Why are you not loving to your fellow man like Jesus asks you to be? Why are you arrogant and short tempered to others who disagree wityh you? Why dont you spread your knowledge and Joy in a loving patient way?

All this Religion from you without you admitting it is religion because you think you are "above that", and arrogantly parade your wisdom above others. This is getting to weird and complicated to me. GOD = LOVE = BALANCE=NATURE

A bug understands God, and infant understands God, a mentally handicapped person understands God.

Why do you argue about God? What is it that a retard understands in the uiversal law of God, that you cannot ? Without Scripture and rules to follow.

You do follow a religion....You see, all mighty one...if man tells you what to know, feel, see, and do...you will forget that eventually inn time, because your religion is based on thought and memory and understanding of your unadmitted religion.

God is not complicated, It does not take understanding, rules, scripture, Jesus, memory, Proper Names...one day you will understand God and all the simplistic glory without all your alien stuff, and you will receive God the way the universe intended you to without all your reading of scripture.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reptius
I've begun to notice this more and more people will say things like "Go to god." or "Pray to god" without ever classifying which god they meant. Do they mean Yahweh the Christian god or Thor or Loki or Zeus?Am I just suppose to assume someone is a Christian because they used the word God or what? It also seems rather cocky , like you think your good is the one true god. Now I know in the bible Yahweh says he's the one true good but other then that there's no real specific proof that there's only one good out there. Once again religions like Hinduism and Norse paganism is both have multiple gods.

your right. That would be like if people called me " Human " because I am a human being.

kind of the same thing. seems weird right? not a huge deal though

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reptius
I've begun to notice this more and more people will say things like "Go to god." or "Pray to god" without ever classifying which god they meant. Do they mean Yahweh the Christian god or Thor or Loki or Zeus?Am I just suppose to assume someone is a Christian because they used the word God or what? It also seems rather cocky , like you think your good is the one true god. Now I know in the bible Yahweh says he's the one true good but other then that there's no real specific proof that there's only one good out there. Once again religions like Hinduism and Norse paganism is both have multiple gods.

The Christian God is the only true God, so whenever I say "God" that's obviously who I'm talking about.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

I worship Crhist yes, I follow his teachings yes, he is my lord and my savior. But he is not my "religion" religion, like I said many times befor is made to divide and conquer humanity, ( please read past comment on this thread )

I'm I arrogant? no! I just ask you a few questions and you got all over my face, am I tolerant? Yes sometimes I lose it and that makes me a human being just like you.

I never said anything wrong about your god, why would you say anything about the son of man? Why do you express your self about him like that?

Jesus is the Christ. he left his teachings here on earth to follow and find salvation thrue him. I follow the teachings of the man who once was here on earth, called Yeshua ( Jesus ) and that makes me a believer of him a Christian follower. But not religious follower, cause I don't go to church and I never will, my church is my body, my congregations is the people who search the truth and knows God Yahweh is the only true God and knows that his begotten son is separate from God, but are the same in thoughts. Church is were most liars and hypocrites are found. I study the bible and research it from all angles, for that you need to have the blessing of the holy spirit so you can have understanding of Yeshua's teachings and warnings ( Knowledge )

Sorry if I made you angry at some point, all I wanted to know is about your god Tao.
edit on 9-10-2011 by Human4life because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Also regarding the name of God.......

It's interesting to note that Genesis 4:6 specifically mentions that from from the time of Enosh, who was a son of Seth and a grandson of Adam very early on in Biblical history - began the practice of defaming or calling on "THE NAME OF GOD".... The scripture doesn't just say God the title... it specifically states "his name" being called upon....

*** Bible Citations ***
(Genesis 4:26) And to Seth also there was born a son and he proceeded to call his name E′nosh. At that time a start was made of calling on the name of Jehovah.

In some Bible translations this "calling on" is translated "profaning"...... in other words it was a form of disrespecting the name of God - YHWH.

Thus this practice, beginning with Enosh was a practice which derided God's name. Hence why Moses later on was given the command to give to the nation of Israel (Exodus 20:7)  “You must not take up the name of Jehovah your God in a worthless way, for Jehovah will not leave the one unpunished who takes up his name in a worthless way.

Surely we can deduce then that in early times God's divine name was known to both those who aligned themselves with him and his teachings and also to those who did not worship him and infact openly disrespected him.

edit on 10-10-2011 by JB1234 because: Context & typ correction

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JB1234

In some Bible translations this "calling on" is translated "profaning"...... in other words it was a form of disrespecting the name of God - YHWH.

Thus this practice, beginning with Enosh was a practice which derided God's name. Hence why Moses later on was given the command to give to the nation of Israel (Exodus 20:7) “You must not take up the name of Jehovah your God in a worthless way, for Jehovah will not leave the one unpunished who takes up his name in a worthless way.

Surely we can deduce then that in early times God's divine name was known to both those who aligned themselves with him and his teachings and also to those who did not worship him and infact openly disrespected him.
Surely not.
You are assuming something on frivolous grounds to make a point regarding the necessity of enforcing a law against using a holy name of God, for good or bad, a name not allowed to be pronounced. You sit in darkness and not in the light.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Reptius

when us Christians use the word GOD instead of his real names is because the sacredness of such names..
the original pronunciation of IHVH has actually been lost from the ancient language,because it was rarely used,
however a christian should not care if others don't know who they mean as long as you know within yourself, it is not required to convert anyone to Christianity to enter the pearly gates. tho for sum it is their calling
edit on 11-10-2011 by SOILDERSUNITEDFORCHRIST because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SOILDERSUNITEDFORCHRIST
reply to post by Reptius

when us Christians use the word GOD instead of his real names is because the sacredness of such names..
the original pronunciation of IHVH has actually been lost from the ancient language,because it was rarely used,
however a christian should not care if others don't know who they mean as long as you know within yourself, it is not required to convert anyone to Christianity to enter the pearly gates. tho for sum it is their calling
edit on 11-10-2011 by SOILDERSUNITEDFORCHRIST because: (no reason given)

Jesus' followers recognized the importance of God's name, and Jesus taught us to pray for God's name to be sanctified. So if any of you don't follow the teachings of Christ, your not in the right track of knowing the true God.

That only makes anyone who opposed the teachings of Christ an Antichrist.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Human4life

I did a Google search for "pray for God's name to be sanctified" which I copied from your post, and got the Official Web Site of Jehovah’s Witnesses.
The matching sentence on that page is, "When we pray for God's name to be sanctified, we are looking forward to the time when all creation will respect it as holy."
Ok, but this does not mean that we know what that "holy name" is, now.
edit on 11-10-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

I did a Google search for "pray for God's name to be sanctified" which I copied from your post, and got the Official Web Site of Jehovah’s Witnesses.
The matching sentence on that page is, "When we pray for God's name to be sanctified, we are looking forward to the time when all creation will respect it as holy."
Ok, but this does not mean that we know what that "holy name" is, now.
edit on 11-10-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

I know, his name is YH/WH.

I don't trust the Jehovah Witnesses, they study the bible, but not in the intreast of their congregation. The Elders their and the Watch Tower hide info from their own people, you see. My God is not their God, my God's name is Yahweh, they call their god Jehovah. Yahweh whant to be known for his name, thats why he's got a name diferent form all other gods including Jesus Christ.
edit on 11-10-2011 by Human4life because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I don't trust the Jehovah Witnesses, they study the bible, but not in the intreast of their congregation. The Elders their and the Watch Tower hide info from their own people, you see. My God is not their God, my God's name is Yahweh, they call their god Jehovah. Yahweh whant to be known for his name, thats why he's got a name diferent form all other gods including Jesus Christ.
According to Paul, the name of God is, He Who Justifies the Righteous.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

According to Paul, the name of God is, He Who Justifies the Righteous.

Justification (theology)

The Harrowing of Hell as depicted by Fra Angelico
Rising out of the "PROTESTANT" reformation, Justification is the chief article of faith describing God's act of declaring or making a sinner righteous through Christ's atoning sacrifice.

The extent, means, and scope of justification are areas of significant debate. Broadly speaking, Catholic and Orthodox Christians distinguish between initial justification —which in their view occurs at baptism— and final justification, accomplished after a lifetime of striving to do God's will. Protestants believe that justification is a singular act in which God declares an unrighteous individual to be righteous because of the Crucifixion of Jesus. Justification is granted to all who have faith, but even that is viewed as a gift from God by Lutherans and Calvinists, who use Eph 2:8 to support that belief.

Justification is seen by Protestants as being the theological fault line that divided Catholic from Protestant during the Reformation. ( again RELIGION is telling you ) "I don't believe in religion"
.........................................................................................................

Look at this video for a sec and try to understand how ancient hebrew did things back then with God's inspiration.

edit on 11-10-2011 by Human4life because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I would never watch a video from this person. The word, fraud, comes to mind.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I would never watch a video from this person. The word, fraud, comes to mind.

Why is that, do you know something I don't, I listen to him in some cases cause he makes sense in a biblical way.

Please collaborate if you know something I don't.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

There is this really great tool on the internet.
Let me tell you about it.
Oops, seems I already did that on another post, today.
It's Google, try it out.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

There is this really great tool on the internet.
Let me tell you about it.
Oops, seems I already did that on another post, today.
It's Google, try it out.

Ok thank you, but you didn't have to be so sarcastic, aren't we all looking for the truth here?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join