It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people say "God" without giving the specific name of said God?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

I totally disagree. Jesus teachings were simple. First Century Christians understood what he taught...it was just later on it all became entangled with paganism and ritualistic practices which polluted the original message.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by JB1234

The Trinity Doctrine adopted by Christendom is not scriptural. . .
No kidding. Did you miss the part where I said I am Arian? You are not more Arian than I am, so why the lecture? Or do you think I am kidding?

YHWH is a southern substitute for the norther Baal. They did not like the fact that Baal was too closely associated with Hell, so they incorporated elements from El, to make a hybrid tribal god who would fight wars, like Baal, but be around all the time and not spend a large part of the year in Hell, like El. Eventually this amalgamation-god was given higher status, and assumed more and more of El's attributes, to where he replaced El, altogether, as a tribal god.

I go along with the idea of rejecting YHWH, the evil god of hell and death, along with rejecting primitive tribalism, to go back to the God who was good, El.
btw: Jesus is the replacement for Baal, the son of God, where now we have the son of man.
edit on 1-11-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join