It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pardon Me But...There's Something Wrong With Steve Jobs' Death...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Hey guys,

You've probably all heard that Steve Jobs deceased today, so I'm not gonna break the news for ya...

However, there's something that rings odd to me regarding this whole situation.

It appears that exactly a week ago, Steve Jobs was fighting Samsung in Court. He was there, fighting a corporation.

Now I must first say I don't know much about cancers, but his has me wondering. I would think that a week prior to a cancer death, you wouldn't have the necessary energy to fight a big fat corporation and their lawyers in court...Am I wrong? I mean, he's been suffering from this cancer for months now, and we all know how tough it is to the body. I've seen some people slowly die from cancer, and from my personal experience, all I can say is that there is no way these people would have had the necessary energy to fight someone in court.

Is there something odd with his oh so sudden death? Maybe someone can help me here?

As I said, I don't know much about cancer and how fast it can kill.

Now here's another thing. Apple just announced there new iPhone, the iPhone 4GS. It's not even an iPhone 5. Of course, they will be making less money, because people won't feel this sudden urge to buy the new coolest toy in town...

What if (and I'm only saying what if) Steve Jobs announced his death to skyrocket the sells? I mean, in a world full of conspiracies, it can't be impossible. Apple is still an evil corporation (even though they work on their image, a corporation can't be number 1 if they're not dirty with the public), and very greedy (can't prove me wrong on this one). After all, that's exactly what happened once MJ died, his albums did sell like crazy!

I'm not saying that's what happened, but I'm just saying that hid odd death could be something that makes conspiracy theorists such as me go wondering...

How do you feel about this?

EDIT: Just to make something clear here

I am not making up a conspiracy theory, I am just asking your thoughts on this thought.
And most importantly, I mean ABSOLUTELY NO DISRESPECT to the man.
edit on 5-10-2011 by Gab1159 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
How would he collect the money from the sales if he is dead?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
He has had it for 7 years....it wasn't particularly sudden.
From what i can tell about the type of person he was, he would try to see everything through to the end.

Also i don't think they really need to sky-rocket sales of the iphone.
edit on 5-10-2011 by fetidchimp because: just to add

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet
How would he collect the money from the sales if he is dead?

Announced death

is not death.

I'm not saying this is what happened, and I have a hard time believing this theory I'm putting here myself.

There's one thing I'm sure, it is that his death is odd. A week ago he was arguing over irrelevant issues in court with Samsung. Then he dies today? I don't think he would have had the necessary energy.

But well, Steve Jobs was like a robot, almost non-human. A work-a-holic...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

I think a man, who I don't know a hell of a lot about to be honest, died, after battling health problems for a long time.
I think thoughts and condolences should go to his family, wife, and children.
And I think we could do with respecting his life, by, at the very least, waiting until his body is cold, before starting with the conspiracy stuff.
Seriously.
RIP Steve Jobs.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Cancer can be funny. A lot of times it is the treatment that gets you - like, my neice would be well one week and she might have a chemo dose. Then the next week her white blood cell count would bottom out and she'd be in ICU and they'd call us in and prepare us for her to die.

My mother had brain cancer that was very operable and she was doing things, but suddenly she got to where she could not walk and felt horrid. The doc kept saying "it's not the cancer' but we didn't know what to do - we took her to her normal doc but he said it was the cancer- we got caught in the "see the other doctor about this problem" thing.

So although on Sunday she was at a birthday party and fine, 6 days later she was in surgery because the medicine- a steriod- had caused her stomach to burst and it had leaked gastric acid all over her spine.
She died after 2 days in ICU. The cancer did not kill her, the treatment did.

link   
._. I know when my aunt died of cancer she was in the hospital 2 weeks before her death, and I was thinking this exact thing, except I dont think hes a robot lol I just htink that he didn't die of cancer, (NO im not saying he was murdered) I just think the docs used "cancer" To write off some forign illness.

link   
reply to post by Gab1159

I have watched more people than I care to watch die from cancer. One died just 2 days ago. He went to the grocers with his wife, and sat down in his recliner for a nap. Died while he was asleep there.

When my dad died, he died with the words "I love you" on his lips. I cry everytime I think about that.

Lots of pain in watching people die. Lots of lessons to learn, too. My dad taught me how to love my wife in that one moment. Since i may not get a "last breath", i have to live every breath with those words on my lips. The only way i am sure to not miss my opportunity.

But as it regards your OP, yes, what Jobs did was not only possible, but likely given his tenacity and level of medical care.
edit on 5-10-2011 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
This was taken several weeks ago.

If that's not convincing enough that he has passed away, then I don't know what to tell you.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Thanks for your points of view. As I said, I don't know much about cancer, so all your replies are greatly appreciated!

I do wish he rests in peace, and wish his family the best of luck.

EDIT: I wasn't serious when I said he's a robot lol
edit on 5-10-2011 by Gab1159 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I dont think theres any supporting evidence that Steve Jobs died from anything else but cancer... Cancer has a way of kicking you in the arse unexpectedly. Im sorry to hear him go, he was a visionary and he will be missed. But his death doesnt seem to be a conspiracy.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I must admit i was waiting for this since the announcement ... however i was more expecting the tact of "steve jobs faked his death to go hide in a bunker to escape nibiru!!"

sorry the cynic in me is escaping again . . .

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Deplume

Star for this mate.

Jobs has been "dying" for years now the poor guy.

The trick with Cancer(s) is your light can be snuffed out quickly, or it can take years to slowly eat you alive.

In the end i can say that Jobs did a good job at Apple, and with the public in general. To that, i take my proverbial hat off and give my sincere condolences to his family and friends.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Forgive me for saying this...but I'm rather sad today seeing Steve Jobs pass. It hits a bit close to home for personal reasons. So, it's with that in mind I suggest that some areas of life really are a bit tacky for hunting conspiracy theories without anything but an idea for support or foundation.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andre Neves
This was taken several weeks ago.

If that's not convincing enough that he has passed away, then I don't know what to tell you.

I saw that picture as well. I thought the same thing. he looked terrible.. poor guy. RIP Steve Jobs

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Why is it always labeled a cancer death?

What if it's a cancer treatment death?

I just think that when we hear about someone who just went through tons of treatment we need to realize our treatment methods are dangerous and primitive.

How do you know he wouldn't have lived even longer without those 'treatments'?

Using highly toxic chemotherapy and radiotherapy is not a toy. It's a very dangerous tool, just like a saw blade. One slight mishap and it's game over.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Forgive me for saying this...but I'm rather sad today seeing Steve Jobs pass. It hits a bit close to home for personal reasons. So, it's with that in mind I suggest that some areas of life really are a bit tacky for hunting conspiracy theories without anything but an idea for support or foundation.

Yes yes, no evidence at all, it's just my mind doing funny things as usual.

I mean no disrespect in this thread, I was simply asking you guys your opinion on this one.

That picture a couple of posts above is terrible...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

When my grandfather died of stomach cancer, he was 65 and still worked 12 hours a day, drank 4 hours a day and looked no worse for the wear.

He went to the hospital for "treatment" and was dead a few days later. So I see no reason to doubt the news about how Jobs died. He had cancer, he knew it and he made the most of his life in spite of it.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Actually he wasn't there himself. He called Samsung in 2010 to attempt to avoid the lawsuit that is now taking place

Steve Jobs Tried to Avoid Samsung Patent Battle

Apparently Mr. Jobs personally tried to work with Samsung in 2010, but wasn’t able to reach an agreement with the part supplier, according to the Wall Street Journal. News of Mr. Jobs’s effort was revealed during court testimony in Australia from Apple executive Richard Lutton.

and also

Before the lawyers, Jobs’ peace overture rebuffed

“The discussions started with contact from (Jobs), and then he wasn’t involved in meetings beyond that,” senior Apple executive Richard Lutton told the Federal Court in Sydney when cross-examined by Samsung attorney David Catterns.

He wasn't actually there in court last week, his efforts of last year were brought up and quoted in court last week.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Full Disclosure: I started programming in 8th grade on an Apple II+ and then moved to an Apple IIe. That was the last Apple computers I used for personal use. After the Navy, I worked toward Windows and UNIX. I work at a company where the CEO is huge into the America's Cup racing, and won last time around (shouldn't be too hard to figure out who that is). Needless to say, Solaris has been the main UNIX type system I've worked on for the past several years. I've worked with Macs several times, and I find them "okay", but I really didn't really see all the hype, especially since they switched to a standard processor. I've never been an Apple "fan boy" by any means. I own an Android, a PC at home with Windows an Linux, and generally steer clear of anything "Apple". It's not just the product, but the users that have been a put off for me.

Now, onto my point about this topic. I think it's sick that someone would take this man's death and try and spin it into a conspiracy. I personally think it's disrespectful on so many levels. This guy has struggled against this evil disease for the better part of a decade, and finally lost his battle. It was no surprise this was coming. He looked awful the last 6 months, and he knew things weren't good. You can bet the farm that he had the best oncologists caring for him, and he was told he didn't have long. Then, he stepped down. Probably to just "live" what little bit of life he had left, take care of loose ends, and have peace of mind. Unless someone's been living in a cave, his death should not have been a shock. My only surprise is that he held on as long as he did.

I'll miss Mr. Jobs. He was an innovator, and is directly responsible for who and where I am today with my career. His Apple II+ was my springboard into technology and becoming an engineer. The world is a worse place now that he's gone, and it will be hard, if not impossible for anyone to fill his shoes. It makes me sad that you'd go down this road, with a man of his caliber. Seriously.

But, we all get to think what we want, and I respect your right to think it's a conspiracy of some type. I just don't agree.

<<   2  3 >>

join