It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sure hope this look worst then it realy is (look like a bad grouping for us

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Trillium

I assume you are talking about the orbit condition code. Those objects with higher uncertainties have had few observations. That doesn't mean that the calculations are inaccurate or that the orbits are unpredictable. A good example would be the infamous 2011 SO5, for which the code has been now set at 7 after more observations have been made. Its close approach data has not changed. The earlier calculations were and are accurate.

A CME has less density than the best vacuum that can be produced in laboratories on Earth. A CME cannot change the orbit of an NEO.

edit on 9/30/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

I assume you are talking about the orbit condition code. Those objects with higher uncertainties have had few observations. That doesn't mean that the calculations are inaccurate or that the orbits are unpredictable. A good example would be the infamous 2011 SO5, for which the code has been now set at 7 after more observations have been made. Its close approach data has not changed. The earlier calculations were and are accurate.

A CME has less density than the best vacuum that can be produced in laboratories on Earth. A CME cannot change the orbit of an NEO.

Ok almost make sence

So why does this one have a code 8 still after almost 7 years

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov... SW26;orb=1

and did not answer about CME affect

Maybe you should read up on this

Solar Wind Blasts Mercury and Erodes the Planet,
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also
spaceweather.com...

edit on 30-9-2011 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Well sun just came out
time to go cut grass remember got 3 acres
Be back not to soon

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The fact that many comets will be near earth at that date is intriguing me to a high level. As many here on ATS I think an event that will be very interesting for mankind to see will happen soon, in the next weeks or month in my opinion ( this is pure speculation ). I also think, we, fellow humans, are living during a privileged moment in history so keep your eyes open and enjoy every single moment, because I learned recently that whatever happens, it was meant to. So sitting and waiting for the inevitable is ridiculous as we are here for progression and development of ourselves.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

As I said, very few observations.

# obs. used (total) 25
ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

I did answer about the effects of CMEs. It's right there in your quote of my post.

I did read that. It's interesting but it hardly supports the idea that a CME can change the orbit of an asteroid. I'm not sure if any of the objects that concern you get as close to the Sun as Mercury but the solar wind would have the same effect on them as it does on Mercury. The diffuse ions of the solar wind have enough energy to knock some atoms loose from the surface but they do not exert enough force to push the entire body around.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Don't y'all understand that Christians (Especially Pat Robertson) have been praying the NEO's and other disasters away from the USA & other Christian Nations until the last Elect Soul is saved? heeeheeeee!

Then when that last person is Born Again. BAM! The End. Game over!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

As I said, very few observations.

# obs. used (total) 25
ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

I did answer about the effects of CMEs. It's right there in your quote of my post.

I did read that. It's interesting but it hardly supports the idea that a CME can change the orbit of an asteroid. I'm not sure if any of the objects that concern you get as close to the Sun as Mercury but the solar wind would have the same effect on them as it does on Mercury. The diffuse ions of the solar wind have enough energy to knock some atoms loose from the surface but they do not exert enough force to push the entire body around.

ho now you are saying the law have change or just the your variable
Anyone to second that

Or do you have one of those million dollor comprter too
remember NEO so how many CME does it take to move one of those
Or your is a big D or Trillon computer

edit on 1-10-2011 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Your posts make no sense. Phage answered you about the CME, and explained the difference between a NEO and Mercury in regards to the object being moved. Show a link showing a CME shifting the ORBIT of Mercury and we will talk.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by StrangerThanFiction39

Your posts make no sense. Phage answered you about the CME, and explained the difference between a NEO and Mercury in regards to the object being moved. Show a link showing a CME shifting the ORBIT of Mercury and we will talk.

Had it up earlyer here it is again
spaceweather.com...

Must affect then because their have a code of 7 or 8

top topics

<< 1   >>

join